Moorers' Bond Hearing

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Catching up. Wow. The hearing sounded wild. I would have liked to have been there watching that hearing.

I agree with others that one of those 2 should turn on the other very soon. It almost has to go down that way. Its either that OR they really are innocent in everything and i just cannot see that being the case.
Im quite surprised one of them has not turned on the other by now. Even if both are equally culpable there would be a benefit to try to place more of the blame on one of them. Im surprised SM or TM has not already done this by now. Perhaps one of them has and it is being kept quiet.

The losing of the hearing should be a sign that the court is taking things very seriously and this is no game. There were a lot of games being played before they got arrested and they had better gotten the message by now that games will not be tolerated.

It is pretty obvious TM is not handling jail or the thought of a lengthy prison term very well. She is the one making all the "noise" so far. SM has been pretty quiet so far. Not sure if that is a sign of which one is more guilty or not.

BBM. Perhaps the prison SM is in now is more desirable than the prison he was in with TM as his warden.

BBM. Perhaps the prison SM is in now is more desirable than the prison he was in with TM as his warden.

Good Point.

And perhaps he is still so fearful of her that he doesnt want to help himself by testifying against her. She will not have 2nd thoughts about turning on him if it helps her out. But he may be too terrified of her to do that even if in prison. Afraid she could get someone in prison to get back at him for her.

BBM This is exactly what I think happened. TM will continue to push her attorney beyond what is logical and prudent. When none of her ploys are effective she will go to plan B and delay things by claiming attorney incompetence (or use the argument to file an appeal if convicted).

Hmmmm...shades of Jodi Arias. How'd it work out for her?

After looking at the photos of TM at trial, is there anyway that is a 41 yr old woman? She had to live a rough, rough life.
In comparison, at 53, I'm feeling well preserved.

Catching up. Wow. The hearing sounded wild. I would have liked to have been there watching that hearing.

I agree with others that one of those 2 should turn on the other very soon. It almost has to go down that way. Its either that OR they really are innocent in everything and i just cannot see that being the case.
Im quite surprised one of them has not turned on the other by now. Even if both are equally culpable there would be a benefit to try to place more of the blame on one of them. Im surprised SM or TM has not already done this by now. Perhaps one of them has and it is being kept quiet.

The losing of the hearing should be a sign that the court is taking things very seriously and this is no game. There were a lot of games being played before they got arrested and they had better gotten the message by now that games will not be tolerated.

It is pretty obvious TM is not handling jail or the thought of a lengthy prison term very well. She is the one making all the "noise" so far. SM has been pretty quiet so far. Not sure if that is a sign of which one is more guilty or not.

I think the reason neither has taken a deal is, because a deal would still mean a very long time in prison. In SC, if you are at the scene of a murder, even if you aren't the killer, you are just as guilty. I just don't see a way for either of them to take a plea that would give them no prison time, or a short sentence. Both are around 40 years old. It is also possible the prosecution is not offering a plea. If TM shot Heather, well SM lured her, he was in the car when it happened, he knew it was going to happen (saw her bring the gun), helped to dispose of her. That seems like too much involvement for a plea. They probably think they have better luck trying to get an acquittal, than just accepting a lengthy sentence.

After looking at the photos of TM at trial, is there anyway that is a 41 yr old woman? She had to live a rough, rough life.

Hey Rob, guess you didn't hear- She dated Rock Stars!:floorlaugh:

I think the reason neither has taken a deal is, because a deal would still mean a very long time in prison. In SC, if you are at the scene of a murder, even if you aren't the killer, you are just as guilty. I just don't see a way for either of them to take a plea that would give them no prison time, or a short sentence. Both are around 40 years old. It is also possible the prosecution is not offering a plea. If TM shot Heather, well SM lured her, he was in the car when it happened, he knew it was going to happen (saw her bring the gun), helped to dispose of her. That seems like too much involvement for a plea. They probably think they have better luck trying to get an acquittal, than just accepting a lengthy sentence.

Very good points.

And she is so cocky she probably thinks she will win her case.

Agreed. I'm a 41 year old woman and look nothing like her....

I may be the only person who took it this way....when we heard that TM cuffed SM to the bed, I didn't and don't believe that but I was shocked by it. It "seemed" like SM's lawyer was trying to imply that SM was at home cuffed to the bed and couldn't be involved. I thought maybe...just maybe this was the start of SM turning on TM.He was making TM look even worse. He couldn't be cuffed to the bed and calling Heather from the pay phone at the same time so I just thought it was odd. As far as SM being so quiet, he knows his wife better than anyone. He has known all along that she will never shut her mouth...no matter how awful she makes herself look to everyone. He is just sitting there letting her dig her own grave. I don't think that SM is a poor, abused husband though. He had an affair and I'd be willing to bet that Heather was one of many,he told Heather to go to PTL,he did plenty to cause her death. He's just letting TM be herself and if anything,it's making him look like the lesser evil but I think they are equally evil. SM just doesn't fly his flag as high as TM. Sorry, that was really long.:blushing:

I may be the only person who took it this way....when we heard that TM cuffed SM to the bed, I didn't and don't believe that but I was shocked by it. It "seemed" like SM's lawyer was trying to imply that SM was at home cuffed to the bed and couldn't be involved. I thought maybe...just maybe this was the start of SM turning on TM.He was making TM look even worse. He couldn't be cuffed to the bed and calling Heather from the pay phone at the same time so I just thought it was odd. As far as SM being so quiet, he knows his wife better than anyone. He has known all along that she will never shut her mouth...no matter how awful she makes herself look to everyone. He is just sitting there letting her dig her own grave. I don't think that SM is a poor, abused husband though. He had an affair and I'd be willing to bet that Heather was one of many,he told Heather to go to PTL,he did plenty to cause her death. He's just letting TM be herself and if anything,it's making him look like the lesser evil but I think they are equally evil. SM just doesn't fly his flag as high as TM. Sorry, that was really long.:blushing:

I had similar thoughts too at the time. You are right that SM made TM look bad when his lawyer brought out that he was forced to be cuffed to the bed. Then shortly after that, she was moved to a different jail at least for awhile.

I agree that this may be signs of SM turning on her. I just want one of them to admit to the truth of what happened. I dont care which one because I agree they both are most likely guilty in this and both should end up spending a great deal of time in prison.

I keep thinking back to the terrible comments she made to the public FB forum. It really showed her true nature and I still cannot believe she actually said those things. It was at that point I formed my opinion of her and what she is capable of.

I really feel sorry for not only Heathers family but also their own children. Neither SM or TM cared enough about their own children to put a stop to their actions. Their selfishness with wanting to get back at someone overrode their care for their own children. How foolish and how horrible this whole thing is.

The more I read, see, hear, etc -- the more I come to the conclusion that this case will end up being either:

a) Only one of the M's killed Heather and the other one really doesn't know anything

or

b) It was well planned out and they are both very and equally guilty.

I had similar thoughts too at the time. You are right that SM made TM look bad when his lawyer brought out that he was forced to be cuffed to the bed. Then shortly after that, she was moved to a different jail at least for awhile.

I agree that this may be signs of SM turning on her. I just want one of them to admit to the truth of what happened. I dont care which one because I agree they both are most likely guilty in this and both should end up spending a great deal of time in prison.

I keep thinking back to the terrible comments she made to the public FB forum. It really showed her true nature and I still cannot believe she actually said those things. It was at that point I formed my opinion of her and what she is capable of.

I really feel sorry for not only Heathers family but also their own children. Neither SM or TM cared enough about their own children to put a stop to their actions. Their selfishness with wanting to get back at someone overrode their care for their own children. How foolish and how horrible this whole thing is.

I agree. I think SM is the key. TM will never admit guilt no matter how much evidence is put in front of her face. SM,on the other hand,said he hadn't seen Heather since October but then came clean when faced with Heather's phone records. He had to..there was no denying it. We could show TM her own bloody thumb print on the murder weapon and she'd still say it wasn't her print. They have to get into SM's head and get him talking.

I feel like reality has not hit TM yet. I get the impression that she thinks this is all a game.

I agree. I think SM is the key. TM will never admit guilt no matter how much evidence is put in front of her face. SM,on the other hand,said he hadn't seen Heather since October but then came clean when faced with Heather's phone records. He had to..there was no denying it. We could show TM her own bloody thumb print on the murder weapon and she'd still say it wasn't her print. They have to get into SM's head and get him talking.

Yup - I concur. I think SM will soon come forward if he knows what's what. I am still not sure he knows. He is not the brightest light and TM has his b_lls on her purse it seems.

The more I read, see, hear, etc -- the more I come to the conclusion that this case will end up being either:

a) Only one of the M's killed Heather and the other one really doesn't know anything

or

I agree that just one person could be responsible for the killing BUT there's no way that the other spouse would not know anything about it.

PS Thank you for updates on the case! I feel much more confident in the information you provide us than what the media has provided us with.

SM strikes me as the guy who will do whatever his lawyer tells him is in his best interest. Keeping his mouth shut is in his best interest. It's in TM's best interest, too, but I don't think she is capable of keeping her mouth shut. Per what eileenhawkeye posts below, there really may not be anything worth turning on each other...yet.

I agree, nothing will give one of them no prison time or a short sentence, but it could make the difference between life in prison and being eligible for parole in 10 years, depending on the plea bargain (as a hypothetical example, SM did call Heather, meant what he said, but his actions made TM fly off the handle and kill Heather, and SM only found out about the murder after the fact-wasn't at the scene, did not intend on getting Heather killed, but did cover up for it) Far fetched, sure. But something that could be bargained with if it were true.

or

I keep wondering about scenario a. I could see SM being out, calling Heather, Heather calling back SMs cell phone, TM answering it, killing Heather, SM arriving home not knowing about the murder, but then covering up for it after the fact, or even inadvertently covering up for it (TM tells him to tell LE that he answered the cell phone and told Heather to stop bothering them and once he did so, he cannot really backtrack). I'm sure I could come up with SOME scenario where there is no way one knew what was going on (it'd be pretty tough), but if only one killed Heather, I would think the other had to at least suspect the other could have done it after all the information about the phone calls came out.

SM strikes me as the guy who will do whatever his lawyer tells him is in his best interest. Keeping his mouth shut is in his best interest. It's in TM's best interest, too, but I don't think she is capable of keeping her mouth shut. Per what eileenhawkeye posts below, there really may not be anything worth turning on each other...yet.

I agree, nothing will give one of them no prison time or a short sentence, but it could make the difference between life in prison and being eligible for parole in 10 years, depending on the plea bargain (as a hypothetical example, SM did call Heather, meant what he said, but his actions made TM fly off the handle and kill Heather, and SM only found out about the murder after the fact-wasn't at the scene, did not intend on getting Heather killed, but did cover up for it) Far fetched, sure. But something that could be bargained with if it were true.

I keep wondering about scenario a. I could see SM being out, calling Heather, Heather calling back SMs cell phone, TM answering it, killing Heather, SM arriving home not knowing about the murder, but then covering up for it after the fact, or even inadvertently covering up for it (TM tells him to tell LE that he answered the cell phone and told Heather to stop bothering them and once he did so, he cannot really backtrack). I'm sure I could come up with SOME scenario where there is no way one knew what was going on (it'd be pretty tough), but if only one killed Heather, I would think the other had to at least suspect the other could have done it after all the information about the phone calls came out.

I have tried to come up with something that doesn't involve both of them as well. I can't get Heather to PTL without SM telling her to go there and I can't come up with a reason for SM to want Heather dead. In my mind, it always takes both of them. I always end up with SM getting Heather to the landing and TM wanting to kill her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This case is so huge and I feel so lost.

Is there an up to date cliff notes version of what the known facts are? I had no idea Tammy is pregnant!

Lol, that seems to be debatable...she claims to be but refuses tests or prenatal care, apparently...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025