More Post-Release Movies About the Case in the Works

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It's been ages since I read Devil's Knot, but I do remember not finishing it because it seemed like Mara Levitt just pointed a finger at Mark Byers the entire book. I might be getting it confused with PL 2 though.

Mara Leveritt did tend to focus on Mark Byers in Devil's Knot as did Paradise Lost 2: Revelations. Mara is writing a sequel to her book which I seriously doubt will focus on JMB. I'm not sure when it's due out, but I believe it's sometime this year.

okay, i'm voting for woody harrelson to play JMB. i like reese witherspoon, especially since we share the same hometown, but i would have loved it if renee zellweger had been cast as PH. she has a greater depth as an actor and could really convey PH's depth of pain.
admittedly, it was hard to look away from JMB. he was such a, (forgive the term, but for lack of a better one), "in your face" player in this tragedy of death and errors. JMB is an enigma. his ultra-bizarre behavior following the murders begged observers to suspect him, while TH flew, quietly, under the radar.

Amazon just released this:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/dp/0399160205/ref=tsm_1_fb_lk"]Amazon.com: Damien Echols: Life After Death (9780399160202): Damien Echols: Books[/ame]

This is the book that Johnny Depp's film arm is going to make into a move.

I wonder if James Hamrick has started practicing Damien's pill rolling. (I'll bet this is left out of the film.)
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7494860&postcount=58"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Why did the WM3 do it?[/ame]

I'm frankly tired of all this. I'm tired of people profiting off of tragedy. It is shameless.

Its all around you. That's one of the residual cruelties of falling victim to a particularly horrific crime - as if the crime itself wasn't bad enough, there will be people talking about it for years to come, writing books about it, making films about it, documentaries, articles, etc. People like you and me discussing it on message boards.

That's horrible, but its hardly unique to this tragedy.

I don't think it's horrible because it keeps the victims in people's hearts and minds.....and the other tragedy of innocents being accused of a crime.
And hopefully it will help in bringing justice in the end.

To a certain extent I agree with you, but things can go too far. For example, a few years back someone was auctioning autopsy photos of the three children on eBay. Thankfully, Stevie Branch's mother had them taken down, but its horrible that she would even have to deal with something like that after suffering the loss of a child.

That's also the same in every case, regardless of whether the convicted/accused are guilty or innocent.. Films about Jack the Ripper are never about the five women killed, they're about the mysterious killer. Films about the Guildford Four are never about the people who were killed in the Guildford bombing but about the four wrongly imprisoned. The film about Michael Crowe makes a few mentions of his murdered sister Stephanie, but its mostly about Michael.

That's the way things are, I'm surprised you've only just noticed it with this case.

I've always noticed it. Usually the guilty person, if known, isn't running free enjoying money and fame. That is so bizarre.

I've always noticed it. Usually the guilty person, if known, isn't running free enjoying money and fame. That is so bizarre.

Yes, in this case, it's a real shame that the guilty person hasn't served one day of prison time for his heinous crime. However, I don't think he's really enjoying money and fame. In fact, I believe that he's a little worried.

OTOH, I can think of at least one guilty person who is enjoying money and fame. Her name is Casey Anthony.

There's no proof anyone else is guilty. Certainly not the hair.

All the police ever had on the WM3 was circumstantial evidence with the exception of Jessie's wild stories. A guilty verdict does not make a suspect guilty. Juries can (and do) get it wrong.

There is much more than the two hairs that implicate TH. In fact, there's much more circumstantial evidence against TH than there ever was against Damien, Jason and Jessie. As I've said repeatedly, eventually we will have many more facts and much more evidence. It's there, just waiting.

I remember when everything pointed to Byers. Ridiculous. I don't believe there Will be anything new but slander.

I remember when everything pointed to Byers. Ridiculous. I don't believe there Will be anything new but slander.

IMO, the difference between JMB as a suspect and TH as a suspect is gargantuan. First and foremost, JMB can account for all of his time; TH cannot. Then, the bite mark (which cast suspicion on JMB) was most likely postmortem animal predation. Even if it had been human, did they test TH's bite impressions? I don't believe that they did. Then, there's the fact that JMB (like Damien, Jason and Jessie) has always been more than willing to submit biological material for testing; TH has not. Also, the blood type from the infamous Kershaw knife matched both Christopher and JMB, so that is, at best, inconclusive. Finally, and it some ways most damning, when JMB was accused, he didn't "lawyer up" like TH did. As I've said before, I'm convinced that evidence exists that will point conclusively to the real killer. It simply hasn't been made public - yet.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader
Back