Morocco - Rayan, 5, died after being trapped down 100ft well, 1 Feb 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The crews on the live do not look happy, i hope i am wrong

I think the news is good, @formerjerseygirl! They've broken through to him and the diggers have withdrawn and sent in the medical team. I wouldn't read too much into serious-looking people - it's going to be a serious operation until he's out.

Just saw a Tweet saying medics are examining him inside the well and he has many fractured bones. If that’s the case (I can’t verify the source) they’re going to have to move him so carefully in case he has a broken neck or spine.

Just saw a Tweet saying medics are examining him inside the well and he has many fractured bones. If that’s the case (I can’t verify the source) they’re going to have to move him so carefully in case he has a broken neck or spine.

There is video of him from yesterday (I think?) lifting his head to drink from a tube lowered into the well, so that's promising!

"Moroccan media: The rescue crews were successful in reaching Rayan, and the medical team that diagnosed his condition indicated that he had a head injury, a spinal cord injury, and several fractures throughout his body." [Edit: This is being called an UNCONFIRMED report.]

https://twitter.com/ayeshazara1/status/1489990567505195008

This would explain why they're taking their time bringing him out. He'd need to be secured to a gurney.

Last edited:
"Moroccan journalist: A preliminary medical examination of the child, Rayan shows injuries to the brain and lung, and multiple fractures in the neck and spine."

https://twitter.com/iam_deeney/status/1489987750518530054

I imagine by "brain" they mean head, since it would be hard to detect a brain injury on the spot under those conditions.
Poor little boy. He must be in a lot of pain, but he's hanging in there. What a strong, brave boy he must be. May God bless and watch over him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back