Mother preparing to be arrested

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wait...when did we learn that Ashley works for a law firm? I don't know if this is permitted, but my own (very quick and dirty) research indicated she worked for an energy company. Could have been the wrong person. I must have missed this (have not been able to read everything).

Some believe she's an attorney in Texas, I believe she's a law student in KC (I did my own research and am 99.9% sure of this). JBean found some tweets today from a law firm in which they state that AI is a paralegal at their firm.

Just want to pop in and say the guy who had his house demolished today got a BARGAIN if LE did it for him. It's pricy work. If I'm him and they have what they want from the structure - I'd offer to let them tear it down, burn it up for practice, whatever, to save the thousands it would otherwise cost.

Of course, he still has to have the debris hauled off, but still.

I'm sure the city will bill the owner. They don't usually do that type of thing for free.

LE would stop you. There are good reasons not to have parents of missing children involved in the search, so any police force worth its salt would have you at home by the phone in case of a ransom demand, and a police officer liaising between you and the searchers.

That is very true but you can be involved in the search without being involved. You cannot join in on the search because you can compromise something BUT you can be out there at the command post, helping out with drinks, food, etc. You can be proactive in asking the police questions, other family friends would be out there searching. You know, when they questioned some of the neighbors, they said they didnt really know this family. Just a wave hello and that was that. How long did this family live there that they had no community ties.

Naw to stop they would have to arrest me.

Maybe, but these parents are obviously doing what LE have told them to do - stay away from the search, so as not to impede the police. That's not a reason to suspect them. Heck, at one point they were being suspected because they weren't co-operating with police, not they're being suspected because they're doing what police always tell parents to do in these situations.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

IF she failed the LD test, maybe she denied going anywhere that day? Left out the visit to the store? Something like that could possibly cause a fail. And IF this happened, i.e. if she "failed" on a question such as "did you spend the entire day with Lisa" that would raise suspicion. Just thinking, that's all. It could be enough to make LE want to "grill" her some more.

I am just steadfastly refusing to believe the mother did this. I honestly believe her story as to what happened. Even when I heard breaking news in my car today on satellite radio about the well and about the wine/male at store....even with that...I just knew it was going to be something "explainable." I just truly believe the mom did not do any harm to her child or covering up anything. I hope I am right. I want nothing more than to see Baby Lisa brought home safely as I know everyone else does too! Keep the hope!

I hope you are right, too. I agree with you.

Again, another case where it strikes me as extremely odd that when a child goes missing, the parents do not seem to be going out of their minds looking, I mean actually physically going out and searching like mad for their child, I would immediately told police to polygraph me so I could the h out of the Police station and go out on foot searching for my child!!! I did not hear one thing about them canvasing the neighborhood after they called 911 to actually LOOK for their child. I know when my little man went missing for 10 minutes while we were visiting a neighbor in an adjoining apartment I went crazy looking for him, I know the panic you feel the first time you discover your child missing, Im not seeing this PANIC in these parents. Maybe its just the way they are reacting, but in a few of the missing child cases Ive seen this where the parents do not seem to be in complete and total panic and do not go physically searching for their child!!! I dont know maybe its just me but I would be freaking the heck out and not sitting around doing interviews and taking any time at all away from actually physically walking around, talking to neighbors doing EVERYTHING that I possibly could to find my child. Not setting up accounts where I could get money and doing interviews, NO WAY I would be out there digging in the mud SEARCHING SEARCHING SEARCHING!!! NO WAY I could sit still at all........MOO:maddening:

We just see them in what the media provides us, we are not seeing them 24/7. I can imagine that they are out searching. From what I read, it stated the family was setting up an account...that doesn't mean it was the parents. Family could mean aunts, uncles, cousins.
After they called 911, no media would have been there to see them canvassing the area, doesn't mean they didnt do it.
I bet they are freaking out, then pulling themselves together to do an interview...the media doesn't catch every moment. We the public are very quick to blame and critic the parents, if they didn't do an interview, we would be questioning why???

Maybe, but these parents are obviously doing what LE have told them to do - stay away from the search, so as not to impede the police. That's not a reason to suspect them. Heck, at one point they were being suspected because they weren't co-operating with police, not they're being suspected because they're doing what police always tell parents to do in these situations.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

I dont suspect them cuz they havent searched. I just said I would be searching. In fact I really am still on the fence.

I shut down the computer for a while so I could get a few other things done without the temptation to return to WS to check for new posts - I'm sure that I'm not the only one who does this :D Anyhoo, the "family spokesperson" thing has been bugging me, and I'm wondering if anyone has thoughts on this.

Assuming that Lisa is Jeremy's biological child, Ashley is technically the little girl's aunt. But, AI isn't DB's sister-in-law because her brother is not married to Lisa's mom. Did DB want AI to speak on her behalf, as well as that of Lisa's "father"? Or, is Ashley onboard more as a representative of her brother in this unfortunate situation? I'm not so sure that AI did either DB or her brother a lot of good by speaking on their behalf. jmo

I know the panic you feel the first time you discover your child missing

I've had my child be "lost" a few times such as at a toy store, but it hasn't worried me since it was an enclosed environment. The only time that I actually felt panic was just a few months ago (my child was 10 years old) when we went into the woods to an archery range. I was shooting and he said he was going to go hiking into the woods a bit. About a half-hour later, I went to find him because there were a bunch of deer on the range (so shooting stopped anyway). I couldn't find him. I was yelling for him, but no answer. All the abduction stories raced through my mind and I was freaked and running around. After about 5 minutes, it occurred to me that he probably got bored and went to the car, and sure enough, that's where he was, reading.

Has anyone other than Lisa's mom said that she failed the LDT? Anyone who would be in a position to know, that is. Or is she the only source for this bit of info?

Has anyone other than Lisa's mom said that she failed the LDT? Anyone who would be in a position to know, that is. Or is she the only source for this bit of info?

Whether the mom said it or LE said it...we still cannot be certain as LE states that they fail it in many cases to see what they can get out of them.

IF she failed the LD test, maybe she denied going anywhere that day? Left out the visit to the store? Something like that could possibly cause a fail. And IF this happened, i.e. if she "failed" on a question such as "did you spend the entire day with Lisa" that would raise suspicion. Just thinking, that's all. It could be enough to make LE want to "grill" her some more.

LE doesn't ask for information to establish some form of timeline or discover a potential lead because they simply want to waste valuable time. They do it because the answers to their questions may just help in searching for a mother's lost child.

Would something as simple as going to a grocery store on the day my child disappeared slip my mind while the investigators are digging through the last hours of my daily activities to search for clues? NO, NO, NO, and NO. Not when my child is missing.

JMO -- I don't think DB is capable at this time to do any searching. JMO - I think she is not in a good place mentally regardless of whether she does or does not know what happened to her baby.

JMO -- I don't think DB is capable at this time to do any searching. JMO - I think she is not in a good place mentally regardless of whether she does or does not know what happened to her baby.

Nor do you want the family to search, if the mom found the baby her first instinct would be to hold her which would tamper evidence. She is best to not search IMO.

But you want them to do SOMETHING - hand out flyers , talk to all the media outlets - SOMETHING to push the search along.

I'm quoting this way because I couldn't find LaVanda's orig post.

Originally Posted by Lavanda Dolce
I am just steadfastly refusing to believe the mother did this. I honestly believe her story as to what happened. Even when I heard breaking news in my car today on satellite radio about the well and about the wine/male at store....even with that...I just knew it was going to be something "explainable." I just truly believe the mom did not do any harm to her child or covering up anything. I hope I am right. I want nothing more than to see Baby Lisa brought home safely as I know everyone else does too! Keep the hope!

LaVanda, I have to agree with you; I'm not convinced that DB is guilty. She is thrust into the spotlight right after the Casey Anthony fiasco and is being compared to Susan Smith. She can't catch a break. There is speculation that have been discounted, i.e. wine box man. There is a 'pack' mentality to go after the weakest and right now she is the weakest, she is the one who last saw Lisa. If it is a 99% to 1% chance that she harmed her child; the 1% leaves the door open.

I think that there was tension between JI and DB before this happened; if she truly killed her child wouldn't JI back away and disavow her? There is then no reason for him to advocate for her and that way there may well be an answer to where Lisa is. His backing away would cause her to break.

IMHO I think that she MAY have made some bad choices that night and I don't mean wine or another man; she may have fallen asleep with others in the house or just forgotten to lock the door and that gave entryway to someone.

Again, IMHO, I am seeing a scared woman who has lost her precious child and has so many against her; it is best to let the police investigate and she stays in the background. When she does speak, she is torn to shreds.

I do hope that Lisa is safe.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Donwes
Back