Motion for Protective Order (the Photobucket Photos)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Casey is due to appear as well...

I'm wondering whether Cindy, George, and/or Lee will be present.

My understanding is that they weren't there last time because Casey was pulled in at the last minute by the judge.

I will be very interested to see whether they show up since I really believe that Casey has refused to have anything to do with them since Caylee's body was discovered.

I think Casey hates her family now and especially Cindy because (only in Casey's pea brain) if Cindy hadn't called police that day, Casey wouldn't be in jail right now. I really think Casey thought she was going to get away with it and would have disappeared in California long before Caylee was found.

It would be the first time they've been face to face since Casey's arrest for murder and the first time since Caylee was found.

It will be very interesting to see if any family shows up and how Casey responds to them.

Motion for Protective Order:
http://www.wesh.com/download/2009/0226/18804795.pdf

I don't like the allegation of LEAKS when any monkey could have gone and pulled these up...

I agree. Item #5 from the Motion: "Law enforcement has already leaked images throughout this case..."

JB can say that without providing proof?

IMO, JB is playing to the Judge and any member of the future jury pool that MAY not understand the difference between the "public" and "private" settings on photo hosting websites. Most default to "public" unless you select to make the pictures "private", that is why everyone must be careful when uploading pictures to any photo site.

I just hope the prosecution is savvy enough to explain this to the Judge in case he/she is confused.

Motion for Protective Order:
http://www.wesh.com/download/2009/0226/18804795.pdf

In today's hearing one of the motions is a protective order in which Baez wants to keep the State
from releasing Casey's photobucket photos. Mention is made that many of these photos are already in the public domain. Baez blames leaks from Law Enforcement over this. Does he not realize that Casey's photobucket was set to PUBLIC and many of us simply downloaded the photos that were available when this case first broke? It is ridiculous!

I think that since the photos were put on PHOTOBUCKET, which is a photo sharing account (and unless they were set to private), they should be released.

I don't like the allegation of LEAKS when any monkey could have gone and pulled these up...

I agree with you, Theonly1. Casey put these photos out there on the Internet for people to see. These photos were looked at by LE and kept in evidence. I see no reason for them not to be released.

Snipped from the link-
"Baez will also ask the judge to block the release of jailhouse video that shows Casey's reaction on the day she found out her daughter was dead."

Correct me if I am wrong-this is the day that the body was located...it was more than a week later when it was ID'd?? This is a pet peeve of mine-just like the continuing coverage that states Casey did not report her daughter missing for 31 days...as we know, she never reported her missing.

Thank you so much! I totally agree and have been p'd off about this myself! ;)

If part of Casey's defense is that she was using her own resources to find Caylee and ZFG, then I think the jury is going to have to see evidence of her using those resources.

ETA: Even if it paints her in a negative light.

Also ... shouldn't JB be more worried about the naughty pix? I think the jury would get more negative feelings seeing those.

Good Lord ! She is accused of killing her child-- how much more negative can it get-

A few racy pictures ain't gonna hurt her reputation ! Geez !

Will be interesting to hear what the judge says.

So far, the judical system seems to be erring on the side of caution in these hearings. If there is any legal leg to stand on at all, these photos will be sealed from the media.

Good Lord ! She is accused of killing her child-- how much more negative can it get-

A few racy pictures ain't gonna hurt her reputation ! Geez !

exactly what I was thinking.

exactly what I was thinking.

I don't care if the media or the public sees the pictures, as long as the jury gets to see them, and the video of her reaction to finding Caylee's remains.

I don't care if the media or the public sees the pictures, as long as the jury gets to see them, and the video of her reaction to finding Caylee's remains.

Exactly! Though I would like definite confirmation that such pictures do exist, just to settle that question. :D

IMO I think the judge will seal the video until trial- the medical claims are bogus, that's like saying if you kill someone in a hospital evidence obtained there violates your medical privacy rights. She wasn't going to the nurse for medical treatment, she was just there- jail is a public place.

I think the judge will allow the photos to be released - the SA will explain that its on the "open web" and it could have been anyone that KC knew that released them earlier, not necessarily LE. Things found on the internet are not given the same degree of privacy protection as say a physical photo album found in her house.

If these really are pictures we haven't seen before - ie from a different photobucket account than we all have - I wonder why none of her "friends" have posted them.

Question- the thousands of pictures we saw from KCs photobucket - the icons and stuff - were those from a document dump, or did someone here download her whole photobucket (that we know of) when it was still up? Thanks!

Isn't all the attention that will be given to the perp and her lawyer through this hearing putting the spotlight on these pictures as much as, if not more than the release of said photos ?

WESH 2's Bob Kealing reported that there is speculation at the Orange County Courthouse that George and Cindy Anthony may attend the hearing. They have not daughtseen their er in person since December.
respectfully snipped wesh news

December? In person??????

WESH 2's Bob Kealing reported that there is speculation at the Orange County Courthouse that George and Cindy Anthony may attend the hearing. They have not daughtseen their er in person since December.

ohhhhhhhhhh maybe we will get new phone calls?

I can't help but wonder if JB's concern isn't so much that the photos will reflect on Casey negatively, but rather that he can't sell photos that LE gives away for free.

I guess GA & CA couldn't give depo's this week, but they are emotionally okay to go to Casey's appearance in court today????

Could be a reporter error. All other reports say they haven't seen Casey in person since she was arrested in October.

I can't help but wonder if JB's concern isn't so much that the photos will reflect on Casey negatively, but rather that he can't sell photos that LE gives away for free.

OK-first explosive laugh of the day....:slap:

I guess GA & CA couldn't give depo's this week, but they are emotionally okay to go to Casey's appearance in court today????

someone better pat them down. They have had a whole lotta time to think. Perhaps one of them is planning on standing up and stating they did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89