Motion In Limine To Exclude Mental Health Experts

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
me too. There is definitely conflicting evidence about this. I shouldn't have been so adamant. I remember her former boss stating that she never returned to work, but he might have been mistaken. I'll be more careful in the future.

FWIW, my understanding was that ICA did not return to work after Caylee was born. Perhaps the wage earnings (?) were part of paid maternity leave or sick days.

This may not be the appropriate thread. And I'm just thinking that Cindy was being idealistic. Casey would return to work. They'd have a good babysitter. Heck, George wasn't working so he could have watched Caylee while Casey was working 9-5, or whatever. Cindy knew she wasn't an Event Planner, but a low level employee at Universal, making minimal wages!

George scheduled work when Casey and Lee were little kids so he was home to take care of them. He said in a deposition, I believe, that he worked nights so they never had to have a sitter.

I believe George and Cindy took care of their kids and never thought that Casey would do anything bad in bringing up Caylee. There's no indication that Casey was doing any of the "bad stuff" prior to Caylee's birth. Maybe it all had to do with George and Cindy separating.

I don't like the lies that have sprung forth from George and Cindy, but I don't think things were all that bad before Casey's getting pregnant.

Just my opinion.

That is not true. Casey was stealing money from her family as far back as when she was in High School. She had stolen from Lee. Used a check of his if I am remembering correctly.

She also went all the way to the day (or the day before) she was to graduate to tell her parents that she would not be graduating. Cindy and George blame this on the school, but I am sure there were letters sent home with Casey that were never seen by the Anthony's. I hate to admit this, but I learned to forge my mother's signature in High School too!

Casey was not all innocence before Caylee was born. Caylee was the result of Casey's behavior that had started way before Caylee was born. She was calculated enough, even back then, to try and pin the pregnancy on Jesse. Someone she knew was not the father of Caylee!

There are probably hundreds of stories about Casey that we will never hear about because the Anthony's will never admit to them. Casey's behavior of lying and stealing started way before Caylee was born.

That is not true. Casey was stealing money from her family as far back as when she was in High School. She had stolen from Lee. Used a check of his if I am remembering correctly.

She also went all the way to the day (or the day before) she was to graduate to tell her parents that she would not be graduating. Cindy and George blame this on the school, but I am sure there were letters sent home with Casey that were never seen by the Anthony's. I hate to admit this, but I learned to forge my mother's signature in High School too!

Casey was not all innocence before Caylee was born. Caylee was the result of Casey's behavior that had started way before Caylee was born. She was calculated enough, even back then, to try and pin the pregnancy on Jesse. Someone she knew was not the father of Caylee!

There are probably hundreds of stories about Casey that we will never hear about because the Anthony's will never admit to them. Casey's behavior of lying and stealing started way before Caylee was born.

:goodpost:

Casey was well aware that she was not graduating for weeks if not months before graduation. The school always gives Seniors a head's up in the hopes of helping them work it out before it is too late. And it was not a matter of just a 'half a credit.' I call BS on that. They could have worked that out easily if that was the case. And when they have the senior grad rehearsal they are very clear about who is and who is not walking that day. Casey knew darn well that she was not graduating well before that day.

IMO this situation shows how out of touch the Anthony's were already at that time. How could Casey have pulled the wool over their eyes so easily? Why wouldn't they suspect that she was not going to graduate? Did they ever look at her report cards or go to any back to school nights? My son dropped a class that was required when he was a junior. The counselor told us and made sure he made it up before his senior year. I am sure that if they bothered to check in they would have found out themselves.

:goodpost:

Casey was well aware that she was not graduating for weeks if not months before graduation. The school always gives Seniors a head's up in the hopes of helping them work it out before it is too late. And it was not a matter of just a 'half a credit.' I call BS on that. They could have worked that out easily if that was the case. And when they have the senior grad rehearsal they are very clear about who is and who is not walking that day. Casey knew darn well that she was not graduating well before that day.

IMO this situation shows how out of touch the Anthony's were already at that time. How could Casey have pulled the wool over their eyes so easily? Why wouldn't they suspect that she was not going to graduate? Did they ever look at her report cards or go to any back to school nights? My son dropped a class that was required when he was a junior. The counselor told us and made sure he made it up before his senior year. I am sure that if they bothered to check in they would have found out themselves.

You are 100% correct that the school will give the Seniors a heads up in hopes of helping them work it out before it is too late. When I was a Senior, I had all my credits to graduate, but you were only allowed to miss a total of 10 days a semester in order to graduate. I had missed more than those 10 days and while the rest of my Senior classmates got out of school a week before the rest of the school... I had to spend the last week of school working in the front office to make up the 4 days I missed over the 10 in order to graduate with my class.

I don't know about Casey's High School, but we had a practice walk the night before the actual graduation. Our principle gave us all a very stern talking to about respecting the ceremony and not to try any funny stuff. :floorlaugh: Poor guy didn't know what hit him when we pulled our Senior prank on the actual graduation night!

Anyways, there is no way that Casey did not know that she would not be graduating... like you said... weeks if not months... prior!

Wonder why we have never heard about this mysterious boyfriend that CA was reported as having when GA left and filed for divorce? Some of the neighbors reported CA was seeing someone but we have NEVER heard who this person might be. If they are going to talk about KC's trauma they would need to investigate everyone I would think. If CA denies there was someone else my guess is I'd have my PI right on it. This person is more than likely perfectly innocent but what if what the neighbors are saying is true, why have we never heard anything about this person. Something made the neighbors feel this man was a suitor. So what's the big secret????

AH HA!!

Here is one question answered (if you ignore the *chance* that Casey is lying).

Interview with DCF

"She std she completed an MMPI and was told everything was normal. She has never been diagnosed with any mental health condition and does not take any meds."

[I've got $10 for the person who can supply this MMPI to me. No questions asked. :D]

Not to even mention the stuff we never heard of. Can you imagine what she put people through as a teenager? Scary.

From what was on Geraldo (Patty G's link in news today), I understood BC to say that the defense can still get their story in about ICA being abused without actually putting ICA on the stand through good cross examinations of witnesses to whom ICA had told her stories of abuse.

Would this be considered hearsay? With all of ICA's lies, how would the DT be able to claim that this was the only one truth she told? Is this where GA will come in?

How would the SA be able to counter that testimony if mental experts are not allowed? Would the DFCA report help?

From what was on Geraldo (Patty G's link in news today), I understood BC to say that the defense can still get their story in about ICA being abused without actually putting ICA on the stand through good cross examinations of witnesses to whom ICA had told her stories of abuse.

Would this be considered hearsay? With all of ICA's lies, how would the DT be able to claim that this was the only one truth she told? Is this where GA will come in?

How would the SA be able to counter that testimony if mental experts are not allowed? Would the DFCA report help?

I thought when Amy was depo and was asked, she said ICA never made such statements to her. Her oldest and dearest friend.

It sounds like she only made such statements later in life, and not to those who knew all the folks involved in the stories. Amy knew both GA and LA, but her new friends did not. What does that say to the jury??

Also, it leaves the door open for the SA to ask if ICA ever lied to the witness. And bring up the lies, etc.

I know you are right.

The SA have been able to disprove most if not all of her statements and have so much evidence that should convict ICA dead to right. They know how to lay it all out for the jurors and will do a great job in doing it.

I know that we have gone through a lot of evidence and have the knowledge and insight of great WS posters who are able to break it all down so that we can understand what we have read, what we are looking at or what we have just watched.

I just worry about anything the DT is trying to sneak in that could confuse that one juror.

I thought when Amy was depo and was asked, she said ICA never made such statements to her. Her oldest and dearest friend.

It sounds like she only made such statements later in life, and not to those who knew all the folks involved in the stories. Amy knew both GA and LA, but her new friends did not. What does that say to the jury??

Also, it leaves the door open for the SA to ask if ICA ever lied to the witness. And bring up the lies, etc.

Spangle, I believe you are mistaken about Amy being Casey's 'oldest' friend. They met in December '07 or January '08 (IIRC) and Amy had been away working on a cruise ship for part of that time. But you may be correct about these stories being of recent origin.

On another thread, there was some discussion of Casey only telling men about the alleged abuse, perhaps to garner sympathy and evoke male attention & protectiveness.

AH HA!!

Interview with DCF

"She std she completed an MMPI and was told everything was normal. She has never been diagnosed with any mental health condition and does not take any meds."

[I've got $10 for the person who can supply this MMPI to me. No questions asked. :D]
...and in this report...when interviewed at home...it states that the mother says child was missing since 6/15...or did I get that wrong? (I know the report also had the earlier date as well...but I didn't see mention of 6/16.)

Do you mean Annie? She knew CA and GA and had been friends with ICA a long time. She also said it was Casey's lies that ruined the friendship. I do not recall if they asked her about abuse though. She is the friend that Cindy brought to the house while Casey was out on bail.

AH HA!!

Interview with DCF

IIRC she was also insisting that LE had it wrong...SHE DID WORK and could prove it if she found the laynard--but didn't she suspect that LE took it???:crazy:

Spangle, I believe you are mistaken about Amy being Casey's 'oldest' friend. They met in December '07 or January '08 (IIRC) and Amy had been away working on a cruise ship for part of that time. But you may be correct about these stories being of recent origin.

On another thread, there was some discussion of Casey only telling men about the alleged abuse, perhaps to garner sympathy and evoke male attention & protectiveness.

Thanks,
I ment tongue in cheek cause, She isn't her dearest friend either. And I was thinking of Ann. <eye roll> I got the names wrong.

I think it would be considered hearsay, and I doubt HHJP is going to let get around not having Casey on the stand. The biggest hole, to me, is Casey not getting on the stand. Won't the jury, if HHJP were to allow it, think it's odd if these abuse stories come up but Casey never wants to get on the stand and actually tell her story? I would think the defense is shooting itself in the foot trying to do this. Any jurist is going to wonder why, if there is such abuse going on that she killed her child that she won't get up and tell the jury to their faces about it. And now the mental experts are taken off, and only one is on for the penalty phase. It's going to be too little, too late at that point. And the jury is also going to wonder if such abuse was going on to make Casey murder her child, why that never came up during the trial. I think this is a tactic the defense just needs to give up on. It's going to hurt them far more than it will ever help them. I am just astounded at how little they seem to regard the potential jury in terms of intelligence and logic. They are going to lose on that alone.

AH HA!!

Interview with DCF

Thanks for the link. The PI asked about the brief phone call from Caylee and KC said "it's true"! Dear God, do you know how stupid you sound KC? Doesn't matter, everyone knows the truth.

IIRC she was also insisting that LE had it wrong...SHE DID WORK and could prove it if she found the laynard--but didn't she suspect that LE took it???:crazy:

Yep, didn't she claim she was seasonal......... a seasonal event coordinator? :giggle: Just another little hurdle for Baez come trial. I'm sure he'll claim the DCF worker is an "Agent of the State." :floorlaugh:
Other people could simply phone their boss and verify their employment, but not Casey Anthony.
Who said she was her own worst enemy? :waitasec:

And IIRC that lanyard eventually turned up in a drawer according to Cindy Anthony's State depo. Maybe George's binder and her Tiffany ring wound up there too. :crazy:
Wonder who might want to put a Universal ID in a drawer? :waitasec: Yeh, who might want to move it from the garage just before Detectives Allen and Wells arrive to take someone to Universal Studios. :waitasec: Any takers.

Just reread the Child Protective Services report and in it, ICA stated that Caylee's father's family lived in Kentucky where he was buried. When the investigator suggested that the father's family be contacted for closure, she stated they had moved to Italy. I did not remember this. I wonder why no one questioned her further about this. Always interesting to see her caught in her lies.

http://orlandosentinel.image2.trb.com/orlnews/media/acrobat/2008-11/43228283.PDF

Just reread the Child Protective Services report and in it, ICA stated that Caylee's father's family lived in Kentucky where he was buried. When the investigator suggested that the father's family be contacted for closure, she stated they had moved to Italy. I did not remember this. I wonder why no one questioned her further about this. Always interesting to see her caught in her lies.

http://orlandosentinel.image2.trb.com/orlnews/media/acrobat/2008-11/43228283.PDF

And as you might not be aware, there are no phones in Italy.....:waitasec:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmann420
Back