Motions Hearing - Fri., Jan. 30, 2009 @8:30 AM

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I don't get why they would want to lengthen it out so badly, she also mentioned that the evidence will be different a year from now. Does this mean they don't have enough to convict her? Doesnt look good imo.

Evidence has nothing to do with it. SA meant that if the trial isnt for a year it could possibly fade in the press.Not saying I believe it will but anything is possible.

mt0a5x.jpg

Evidence has nothing to do with it. SA meant that if the trial isnt for a year it could possibly fade in the press.Not saying I believe it will but anything is possible.

Oh so she wants it faded in the press? I don't see how that is paramount enough to deny a speedy trial.

I enjoyed when Strickland essentially let Baez know that handing him a Motion for Change of Venue (which he had done in the past at a sidebar, I think) is not akin to filing it with the court. [Paraphrased]

Well, I guess the people that stayed over to chit-chat do not think much of Mr. Baez either.

Sorry, but what the heck is JB rambling on about? Availing to juristidiction blablabla?
Doing business? What is he on about?

It has to do with a state court's jurisdiction over a party - in this case TES, which is a non-profit incorporated in Texas. NeJame made the point that FL has no jurisdiction over TES and does not have authority over them; Texas does, and Baez needs to deal with Texas, not FL.

Baez's rambling about "doing business" has to do with FL's long-arm statutes, which allows a court to determine it DOES have jurisdiction over an out-of-state party if that party has conducted business of a sufficient nature within the state (FL) to bring itself within the jurisdiction of that state's court. Baez was saying FL does have jurisdiction over TES because they conducted business and have sufficient contacts with the state of FL. He was right about that.

Baez's motion was improper in general, I think, but he's right about that point.

I have recorded the motions hearing and the videos are uploading to YouTube. I will post the links once they finish processing.

I'm just assuming this was talk by the prosc. because we could also hear them talking before the hearing started, when everyone else (media, observers) was seated .

I don't understand JB claiming he's getting his info from news reporter D'Onofrio. Wonder if he meant he reads/watches her? Or that she gives him info? Hmmm.
Sorry for the questions but I don't understand that comment. Maybe it was just to underline that he isn't getting the info from SA, but anything that D'Onofrio would get would have to be from public record (and not anything not yet released) so why can't JB get his own public record info? Hmmm.

She has a stage persona, she wants to perform, that being said, If I ever get accused of anything, I'll gladly have ms baden perform for everyone to see.

Plus, She takes all the difficult and complex motions, so everyone can see what she can get away with.

I would prefer MN. He was calm, presented his case well. Lkb sounded like she was yelling at Judge telling him what he had to do. Going on and on to the point that the judge told her to wrap it up.

They will, but it won't matter. She doesnt care! Evil #@$%^* bi*c#!!!!

I honestly, truly hate her for what she did to Caylee. I don't care if she hasn't been conviced yet. Don't care! Sorry for the rant here, but any "mother" that can sit there and act like that, flirting with her attorney, brazen and bold as hell, as people are dicussing HER DAUGHTER'S REMAINS, is the lowest form of life. :behindbar

How can she sit there so cold?
When she hears of the 4000 people who looked for her daughter? How can she just sit there with this smirk on her face and not have a lick of emotion? I am sick..just sick..
I certainly hope that her fingerprints are on that tape and they nail her to the wall! I hope they bring all the autopsy photos, and anything morbid into that courtroom during trial!
:behindbar:behindbar

I feel the same way! She makes you want to reach thru the TV & shake her for that stoic demeanor, & smirky face:furious::furious: in light of losing her beautiful baby, my face would be frozen with GRIEF & couldn't form a smile for any reason:furious: She is the COLDEST human being, & most certainly will arouse these emotions in anyone, with true compassion, no matter where the change of venue is scheduled.:furious::furious:

Oh so she wants it faded in the press? I don't see how that is paramount enough to deny a speedy trial.

They were a dressing the change in venue not how speady the trial was. Yes the judge ask how soon they possibly could make a date but thats not what the SA was a dressing.

wow kc almost looked like a real lawyer in that get-up. I hope she smiles like that during the trial. why the special treatment with the street clothes and the removal of the shackles? I thought inmates were only allowed that luxury during their trial? JB's plan to dress her up to improve her image backfired, it makes me hate her more that she is getting special treatment.

That's what I understood her to say too. The case could possibly fade in the media and if it does there might not be a need for a change of venue

wow kc almost looked like a real lawyer in that get-up. I hope she smiles like that during the trial. why the special treatment with the street clothes and the removal of the shackles? I thought inmates were only allowed that luxury during their trial? JB's plan to dress her up to improve her image backfired, it makes me hate her more that she is getting special treatment.
That is what I was thinking - makes me mad as he!!

Initially KC walked in with handcuffs on, Baez pointed to them to be removed
rhu4xh.jpg

Then an LEO took her out to remove them
20pa649.jpg

This is WFTV's picture for their headline ...
9lly8p.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members