Motions Hearing - Fri., Jan. 30, 2009 @8:30 AM

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I may be wrong, but I don't think the SA can grant him permission to enter the property without the owner's consent at this stage...I think only the Court can. Why he didn't go before when it appears he may have had permission, I'm not at all sure.

ITA !! Defense was at the crime scene like kids in a toy store window while LE were there.....when the scene was cleared, and they were told they had access, they said they would pass on that opportunity...IIRC

Good that the motion is denied. I wonder if Nejame thanks his lucky stars every day that he bailed out of the A circus.

About BC coming in and saying there is no conflict - the Ethics rules say that if there is even a "potential" conflict, both sides have to consent to the situation. So CA/GA basically released MN from any later ethics complaint that ANYONE (cough JB) could bring

I know that Jose Baez is Casey's Attorney and it seems as though they have a repore because I have noticed that they smile at each other and it seemed watching the courtroom video this morning that she smiles more frequently with him than she does with her other Defense Attorney, Linda Kenny Biden, but I suppose this is natural because he has been her attorney for about six months now.

Thank you Rebound. I had a feeling, and am more convinced I'm likely sharing her DNA. Was it hard to trace back? How many generations did you have to research? One of my dad's family gave birth to Joseph Smith, of the Morman church. Maybe they trace back to Lilith. :) My mother's side, also European, seems to be farmers, so most likely Abel and Eve are the root. LOL.

If we could all realize our sisterhood (generic brotherhood of man) perhaps we could hold back judgment until we actually are privy to all of the facts.

Well, I know all the facts about my family, and it keeps me far away from my Sociopath father. Just because you may somehow be related does not exonerate one from evil or wrongdoing.

I thought Attorney Nejame removed himself from the case - I am curious what was he doing in court this morning?

That's what it looked like to me. Although the exchange itself was definitely a bit flirty! I would never act like that with a coworker in a meeting much less in a courtroom in her position.

Especially when they are talking about your dead daughters remains. Notice that all that talk didn't even bother her one bit? UNBELIEVABLE!! And She expects us to think she's innocent. Any normal person would have been crying their eyes out at the mention of their dead child. :furious:

Judge Strickland is SMART! MN too! Strickland is saying for JB to get the records, he has to prove TES was an "Agent" of OCSD - which would be impossible. To legally be an "Agent," you have to be solely under the CONTROL of OCSD, and since TES is not an entity of the state of FL, legally they could never be an agent of OCSD.

Brilliant! I didn't even think of that argument

I thought Attorney Nejame removed himself from the case - I am curious what was he doing in court this morning?

He represents TES. He left the Anthonys last year as their rep. There was a motion for TES records and he was in court defending TES and won.

He represents TES. He left the Anthonys last year as their rep. There was a motion for TES records and he was in court defending TES and won.

Thank you, I see now that he represents Equi-search and not the Anthony Family.

I watched the hearings. Again I am going to have to defend JB. He is right about TES. TES conducted business in FL and may have even opened a branch in FL already. Plus TES WAS working with LE and it is alleged that LE gave TES some money for the search. TES became an agent of the State if this money business is true or worked from leads supplied by LE. TES has submitted to the court's jurisdiction.

And, JB has every right to investigate the TES searches, especially those that are alleged to have occurred in the area where the remains were found. He is entitled to have a sworn witness under oath to testify as to the condition of the area, the search conducted and whether anything at all was discovered. And it has to be someone that was actually on the ground search.

I saw KC playing with the pen, but I didn't see JB participating in any foolishness and he is NOT going to correct her behavior in open court. She is childish and frankly, you take your client as they are. I saw nothing that even warrants discussion.

JB is a very competent attorney, I saw nothing that makes me think otherwise. I am not gaga over MN, Ms. Baden or the SA - they are nothing extraordinary - just competent attorneys. Honestly, all the laughing and eye-rolling is unprofessional and the SA's should try to control themselves.

BC can speak on behalf of the A's - he is their attorney and if they waive any claim of conflict of interest, then so be it. Since MN is objecting to the production of search documents, it seems consistent with the A's support of KC and not a conflict at all.

Further, it is only appropriate to allow KC to wear street clothes into court. It is a harmless request and a very simple remedy to JB's objection. I would never allow my client to appear in court in prison issue and hands shackled. Whatever anyone may think, it is prejudicial.

All in all, it was an uneventful morning.

BTW - JB said "May it please the court" too. And the judge was not admonishing Ms. Baden by telling her she had 30 seconds left. Judges do this all the time in the interest of judicial economy of time. No big deal at all.

If KC were my child and Caylee my grandchild, I would have been in the courtroom. Same if KC were my sister and Caylee my niece. And if I were BC, I would request their appearance at every hearing and tell them to make NO COMMENT to the court or the media.

There was no love for Baez from NeJame when the remains were found. Here is his phone interview and he talks about why he left the Anthonys and pretty much what he thinks of Baez, in so many words.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ajibgshx94

Yah, I heard the phone call when it happened.

It's very interesting to watch NeJame and then watch Baez.

What a difference in experience.

BAEZ MOTION DENIED!
HE GETS NOTHING FROM TES:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Link is in the news section for today!

If really bother me that Casey show no sadness for her dead little girl. I keeping looking for something that will show remorse. She did get a little shakey when BC talk to her and JB stand in between them like a pit bull. I think he was giving her a message from her parents.

BAEZ MOTION DENIED!
HE GETS NOTHING FROM TES:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Link is in the news section for today!

Well, here is a huge appellate issue for KC when the trial is over.

This is critical to the issue of when the body was placed in that area and JB is being denied the opportunity to find what may be exculpatory information.
I think this ruling is in error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member