Motive For Murder

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know how long Annie planned to be absent from Yale for her wedding, etc? I.e., were she and Jon going to Greece for their honeymoon right after their wedding? Or were they going to postpone that trip to a time when their school schedules would be less impacted by their absences?

I'm just wondering if Annie had asked another lab tech (i.e., not Raymond) to take a particular interest in looking after her animals during her absence, and that angered him. I guess it's possible. MOO.

Also, what is Raymond's birthdate? Just curious about his "sign."

TIA.

I agree with most of the theories so far -- workplace rage. But, I also agree that it just seems like there must be more to this. An affair is one possibility, but if that was the case, there might well be rumors in the lab -- hard to keep 100% secret. I keep going back to some sinister issue with research and financial stakes, or the pride of researchers. Here is an article that shows the stakes people will go to in regard to the fruits of research. I just wonder if Annie had made a major discovery that others wanted credit for, or maybe she discovered that someone else's research was wrong and it was going to hurt someone's royalties.

http://ipbiz.blogspot.com/2004/07/criminal-actions-in-patent-litigation.html

In the above case, notebooks were allegedly tampered with and falsified which which led to an arrest, and a Judge's life was threatened. Maybe Annie had some evidence, and Clark was paid to get that evidence or threaten Annie to back off.

It's hard to say - but she was pretty early-on in her graduate career, so I would be very surprised if she was working on anything of that magnitude. I have not looked for Anton Bennett's (her boss) name in the patent database, so perhaps they were working on something with potential market value. Seems unlikely to me though.

^^Check in the forensic astrology forum, Track292008. They have lots of info on his sign, birthdate there!

Do we know how long Annie planned to be absent from Yale for her wedding, etc? I.e., were she and Jon going to Greece for their honeymoon right after their wedding? Or were they going to postpone that trip to a time when their school schedules would be less impacted by their absences?

I'm just wondering if Annie had asked another lab tech (i.e., not Raymond) to take a particular interest in looking after her animals during her absence, and that angered him. I guess it's possible. MOO.

TIA.

bolded by me.

I'm pretty sure it's Feb 28, 1985--I know he's an Aquarius. But check the Raymond Clark thread, it should be in there.

TIA.

Just a quick FYI that someone just now opened a factual question and factual answer thread. You might have some luck there posting your questions.

(BTW - I've also wondered about the honeymoon and postulated that she was just too distracted with wedding stuff & leaving town - and so on with oversights and excuses ... and that was just the last straw for RC that day. Good idea asking all these "what was likely in their minds on that day around that time" questions.)

I find it hilarious to be reading any post that would not only suggest Le was sexually promiscuous (Seriously?!), but that implying that somehow it could be a reason (if not an excuse as to) why she was killed. Reading lines like the following from Very Interesting: "And not thinking Annie was the perfect girl her close friends and family thought. Some off hand remarks she made to some shows this," makes me ask, "Where are we, in Pakistan?!" What next, that gay bashing victims were perhaps a touch too "gay" and caused their assailants to "panic?"

Oh my God, Annie Le was not "perfect!" That explains it all! Meanwhile, the batsh** control freak of a lab technician escapes from being held fully--fully!--accountable for his fu**ery.

Notice actually promiscuous male murder victims are never scrutinized this way.

Nothing personal shoebox, but I disagree with some of the things written here. What could Le have possibly said that would have instigated a normal person to actually kill her? The blame here is not on Le and her possible words, but on the suspect and his inability to either let words roll off his back or interpret words in a non-reactionary, non-defensive way. She might have never been rude or arrogant towards him, but by her being a young, smart, successful woman he might have been prejudiced and defensive towards whatever she said and did in the first place.

I have a big problem with the interpretation of the "butt" anecdotes used as proof of certain aspects of Le's character. I am close to Le's age, and the underwear-with-pads prank among friends would not be considered seriously offensive among pretty much any other age-similar people I know. The mailing the picture of her butt to Princeton, while more questionable in taste, also would not be considered seriously offensive. Inappropriate? Yes. Cause for internal debate over her morality and integrity? Uh, no.

I have seen way more questionable, non-politically-correct, risque pranks, comments and jokes on a daily basis during college than those two of Le's actions. Daily.

If two butt jokes are seriously informing and coloring the perception of Le's integrity and character for some people, I really, really hate to think what would happen to most of the people I know of a similar age if their less demure words and actions were published. Really.

I'm totally with you on everything in this post! I thought the pic of her hiney to Princeton was absolutely hysterical and def something I would have done in my youth - and I'm intelligent...just have a very sarcastic sense of humor. I seriously can't count the number of crude & disgusting things I saw in college, nothing that could incarcerate somebody, but some seriously funny pranks that obviously somebody that "wasn't there" would find offensive. In looking back at my college years, I think the things we did were a result of having to take everything so serious in class that it just built up and was a fun release. I know people won't agree with this, but it is my true perspective. So much goes on at college that alot of people might not realize if they didn't attend a big college or university. Some good...some bad. My experience was very good but had some sarcastically funny & bad occurrences. :biggrin:

By the way, if Annie was having an affair, don't you think it would be EVEN CLEANER for Yale to put the blame on "crime of passion and sexual liason", than to accept and embrace the idea that Yale is NOT immune to workplace violence?

This is still a nightmare for Yale. IMHO.

I think they're thinking that the WV idea is way less "sexy" in terms of media exposure -- they're hoping the media circus will pack up and go home if it's just that. Whereas affairs, unrequited love, etc., would mean endless, sordid attention.

That said, I have no reason to think it's a sex-motivated crime, except that it's the usual thing when a man kills a woman. If it is "work rage," there's still some 'splainin to do.

there is absolutely no evidence indicating she did not treat this man and others with respect. Nothing.

I actually did read that she did reticule a friend for having a small butt, and I think she sent her underwear with a fake butt inside.
I don't remember where I read it, but the indication was that she did not always treat people with respect.

This does not mean that she deserved to die, NO.
It can mean that she just went up against an unbalanced young man.

I'm just amazed at his thought processes-so juvenile! He had string and gum to retrieve his green pen he dropped?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2009/09/18/2009-09-18_murder_ink_a_pen_may_put_creep_in_prison_for_keeps.html

And he punched her first. This sounds like such an immature young man with no impulse control.

Interesting link, based on this they have enough evidence to put him away for life.
I still think she unintentionally instigated it with an attitude he did not cope with very well.
I can't put my finger on it. JMO
I wonder how his girlfriend feels? does she feel lucky it is not her, or does she feel that this cant be real?

With this much evidence I imagine it can go to trial pretty fast.

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere, but did you notice the article says he hit, then strangled her?

Yes, there's the possibility that he hit her very hard then realized that he could get in serious trouble for doing it so he killed her in a vain attempt to keep her from reporting it.

From all I have read, there was no reason for Le to be killed.
Nor do we have a motive to know if it was an accident.

We have proof that his DNA is everywhere and that he lied saying he did not see her on that fatal day, which always indicates guilt.
His fiance Jennifer Hromadka talks of a man who is really kind hearted. She is also defending him at the same time from having any interest in any other woman. :angel:
I do not know if she is naive. Or if he was targeted.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat..._jennifer_hromadka_has_defended_him_befo.html

The following was reported in the NYT today (emphasis mine):

Some thought Mr. Clark went beyond the bounds of his position. A team leader in the Amistad building said that several of his researchers complained last year that Mr. Clark was rude to them, prompting the team leader to alert Mr. Clark’s supervisor.

“He would berate them for minor infractions,” said the man, who requested anonymity. “Everyone enforces rules, but he enforced them in an officious manner.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/18/nyregion/18yale.html?_r=1&pagewanted=2

Didn't Annie begin working in the lab last year?

Wasn't the gf's MySpace entry about rumors of a lab romance dated last year -- I think May 2008?

If RC had exhibited this behavior before then, could it have jeopardized his employment, or at least raised a red flag?

While I'm mindful this case may be simply an instance of a very controlling employee who finally and violently snapped, I still can't let go of the notion that RC was attracted to Annie and that her imminent marriage was a motivating factor.

I actually did read that she did reticule a friend for having a small butt, and I think she sent her underwear with a fake butt inside.
I don't remember where I read it, but the indication was that she did not always treat people with respect.

To me this is more indicative of a friend having fun with another friend. Without any malicious intent, young guys and girls playfully tease each other about everything and anything.

Yes, there's the possibility that he hit her very hard then realized that he could get in serious trouble for doing it so he killed her in a vain attempt to keep her from reporting it.

His actions after the crime were sloppy enough to seem as if the crime was not premeditated but rather an argument gone very wrong.

This does not mean that she deserved to die, NO.
It can mean that she just went up against an unbalanced young man.

My impression was that her friend not only had no problem with it, she thought it was funny. I think her friend was merely sharing some funny antidotes of a dear friend lost.

And that would be a premeditated thought.

BTW, does CT have the DP? TIA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members