Motive: The Truck

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In he third instance there was damage to the ignition. In the other instances, how do they know it was attempted theft of the vehicle and not just b&e and theft of contents?

and...In the third instance, maybe the ignition was already damaged ! JMO

The biggest reason for burning the truck seats would be because of blood stains.

This would indicate TB was either killed in the truck , or was transported in it afterward or both

Burning the seats would eliminate the stained fabric but the metal frame and parts of the seat would remain , possibly at the farm somewhere. Often the mfg has a hidden metal tag inside the seat with the truck (car) vin # on it.

The (burn) spot on the grass at the farm is probably where the seats were burned , and they could have been removed from the truck at the farm as well , only a couple of tools are required.

Most likely everything (everybody) ended up at the private farm shortly after TB was deceased , TB goes into the commercial incinerator , seats burned outside in the yard , DM trailer used to move truck to Mothers driveway

Everything was done away from the public eye. To do anything at the hangar would be too risky , to drive the truck afterwards would be too risky , they had a good plan that would have worked just fine except for the "ambition" tattoo and the witness report from the earlier truck seller

They were probably surprised at the outpouring of media coverage regarding TB being missing. They were expecting a typical routine vehicle theft report to police plus a "missing person report" regarding an adult man who never came home one evening.

Those two things get very little police attention at the best of times , and certainly no media attention.

Since May 5 2013 there have been about 3000 vehicles stolen in the area and hundreds of adults who left home and never returned.

It just happened that TB was such a unique (good) person the red flags went up right away and the media got involved which produced the tattoo witness and the Brantfort witness.

The biggest reason for burning the truck seats would be because of blood stains.

This would indicate TB was either killed in the truck , or was transported in it afterward or both

Burning the seats would eliminate the stained fabric but the metal frame and parts of the seat would remain , possibly at the farm somewhere. Often the mfg has a hidden metal tag inside the seat with the truck (car) vin # on it.

The (burn) spot on the grass at the farm is probably where the seats were burned , and they could have been removed from the truck at the farm as well , only a couple of tools are required.

Most likely everything (everybody) ended up at the private farm shortly after TB was deceased , TB goes into the commercial incinerator , seats burned outside in the yard , DM trailer used to move truck to Mothers driveway

Everything was done away from the public eye. To do anything at the hangar would be too risky , to drive the truck afterwards would be too risky , they had a good plan that would have worked just fine except for the "ambition" tattoo and the witness report from the earlier truck seller

They were probably surprised at the outpouring of media coverage regarding TB being missing. They were expecting a typical routine vehicle theft report to police plus a "missing person report" regarding an adult man who never came home one evening.

Those two things get very little police attention at the best of times , and certainly no media attention.

Since May 5 2013 there have been about 3000 vehicles stolen in the area and hundreds of adults who left home and never returned.

It just happened that TB was such a unique (good) person the red flags went up right away and the media got involved which produced the tattoo witness and the Brantfort witness.

I will happen to guess that the other people who have also gone missing since then are good people, considered unique by those who knew them.

I feel that if you are going to go through the trouble of removing seats that may have held forensic evidence of a crime, that the same people would then do something to cover their tracks in other ways, not just leave all the evidence at their own home. Which is what leads me to believe that this was committed by someone other than DM, as who in their right mind does nothing to conceal their identity when they are following through on a plan to commit a major crime, and then who destroys evidence of their involvement only to leave the remains of the evidence behind on their own properties? To me that sounds far more like someone who thinks that they are cleaver trying to turn suspicion away from themselves by putting it squarely on someone else, which is really the best way to deflect suspicion when you are guilty.

I will happen to guess that the other people who have also gone missing since then are good people, considered unique by those who knew them.

I feel that if you are going to go through the trouble of removing seats that may have held forensic evidence of a crime, that the same people would then do something to cover their tracks in other ways, not just leave all the evidence at their own home. Which is what leads me to believe that this was committed by someone other than DM, as who in their right mind does nothing to conceal their identity when they are following through on a plan to commit a major crime, and then who destroys evidence of their involvement only to leave the remains of the evidence behind on their own properties? To me that sounds far more like someone who thinks that they are cleaver trying to turn suspicion away from themselves by putting it squarely on someone else, which is really the best way to deflect suspicion when you are guilty.

I think DM thought he was invincible and would never be linked to the crime anyway. Therefore he was casual about stuff at the farm. Possibly he would have cleaned up more thoroughly, perhaps used the excavator to bury the remains on the swampier part of the farm, if he'd had more time.

The truck, however, was obviously going to be used or sold, so it was going back out into 'the world' and needed to have evidence removed from it more rapidly. Or it could be as simple as the seats were ruined by blood. I assume it either ended up at MB's house when they realized the heat was on, or they had always intended to leave it there for a cooling off period before fixing it up / chopping it.

Also: Lots and lots of murderers leave bodies on their own property. It's probably even more likely when, like DM, they have a whole lot of property to work with. The argument of "TB's body was on DM's farm, therefore DM is not the murderer" is, and remains, specious and not based on real-world behavior of criminals.

In he third instance there was damage to the ignition. In the other instances, how do they know it was attempted theft of the vehicle and not just b&e and theft of contents?

Maybe the airbag was pierced to prevent exploding in thief's face while he prepared to damage the steering column in order to crank.......

Maybe the air bag was deployed due to a theft attempt..........

Maybe there were alignment marks on the ignition.......

Maybe the wiring harness indicated some type of "hot wire" attempt........

Most thefts of just contents, involve open windows or they break windows in a effort to grab contents.

Car thefts generally present with a column alteration, damaged door or trunk lock, and not necessarily just external door lock damage.

and...In the third instance, maybe the ignition was already damaged ! JMO

Then the cops would have simply asked you if you had damaged your own ignition or if it was done by someone unknown.........

........if done by unknown(s) overnight, etc., that's a pretty good indication it was nefarious attempt at theft, along with other evidence eh?

I think DM thought he was invincible and would never be linked to the crime anyway. Therefore he was casual about stuff at the farm. Possibly he would have cleaned up more thoroughly, perhaps used the excavator to bury the remains on the swampier part of the farm, if he'd had more time.

The truck, however, was obviously going to be used or sold, so it was going back out into 'the world' and needed to have evidence removed from it more rapidly. Or it could be as simple as the seats were ruined by blood. I assume it either ended up at MB's house when they realized the heat was on, or they had always intended to leave it there for a cooling off period before fixing it up / chopping it.

Also: Lots and lots of murderers leave bodies on their own property. It's probably even more likely when, like DM, they have a whole lot of property to work with. The argument of "TB's body was on DM's farm, therefore DM is not the murderer" is, and remains, specious and not based on real-world behavior of criminals.

I totally agree AE! The sloppy cover-up IMO was most likely due to the fact that they were in a panic. LE was hot on their trail faster than they expected, and didn't have time to complete the task. Very simple to understand/explain IMO.

I totally agree AE! The sloppy cover-up IMO was most likely due to the fact that they were in a panic. LE was hot on their trail faster than they expected, and didn't have time to complete the task. Very simple to understand/explain IMO.

I MUST say I support both of you ...in your posts...robynhood....

The truck seats were burned? I know there was an unnamed source that indicated the seats were removed. I don't recall that there was ever confirmation that the seats were found, let alone that they were found burned.

Are you guessing that the seats were burned or is this a fact that you can provide a link to? I had asked similar in the incinerator thread as to how you knew when the incinerator was used. I'm just curious as you seem to be stating these things as facts and I don't recall them being mentioned in MSM. Can you please clarify?

3000 vehicles stolen in the Ancaster area in 3 1/2 months. Wow, that sounds very high for an area that size.

JMO

DM had 4 days to do a better job of disposing of the evidence, certainly enough time to finish the incineration, use the bobcat to bury the ashes or go up in a plane and scatter them to the wind. I don't see that time frame as being in a panic, four days is plenty of time to complete the task, in my opinion.

In a panic !!!! Whoever did it had at least 2 full days before the trailer/truck was left at MB's driveway !!! In two days they could have been 3 provinces away...either driving themselves or paying someone to ..... It took at least two days just to take it to Kleinburg...hardly a rush job JMO

Thanks Juballee....yes closer to FOUR days it would seem... but then maybe whoever it was, was stoned and it took a bit longer ;)

The truck seats were burned? I know there was an unnamed source that indicated the seats were removed. I don't recall that there was ever confirmation that the seats were found, let alone that they were found burned.

Are you guessing that the seats were burned or is this a fact that you can provide a link to? I had asked similar in the incinerator thread as to how you knew when the incinerator was used. I'm just curious as you seem to be stating these things as facts and I don't recall them being mentioned in MSM. Can you please clarify?

3000 vehicles stolen in the Ancaster area in 3 1/2 months. Wow, that sounds very high for an area that size.

JMO

<modsnip>

Yes 3000 is a lot of stolen vehicles...is there a source for this info? Sounds like a crime ring is possibly involved to me...but thats just MOO.....

DM had 4 days to do a better job of disposing of the evidence, certainly enough time to finish the incineration, use the bobcat to bury the ashes or go up in a plane and scatter them to the wind. I don't see that time frame as being in a panic, four days is plenty of time to complete the task, in my opinion.

4 days from what till what?

This story got out VERY fast. We have absolutely no way of knowing when panic set in. Or if there was panic at all.

4 days from what till what?

This story got out VERY fast. We have absolutely no way of knowing when panic set in. Or if there was panic at all.

Four days from the day of the murder to the day of DM's arrest. Two days from the day of the murder to when the truck was moved. I would have thought at least disposing of the rest of the remains would have taken a higher priority.

JMO

JMO

BBM
Since Ancaster is a suburb of Hamilton, I believe the high vehicle theft rate is explained in this article (although most thefts don't end in murder):
Drivers in Hamilton have the second highest chance in Ontario of falling victim to car theft, says a Statistics Canada report
Unfortunately, Hamilton is a prime location for auto thefts because it’s big enough to have a wide variety of vehicles available and has easy-to-escape highway access across the city, said BEAR unit Detective Staff Sergeant Paul Downey
Most often stolen vehicles are taken to Six Nations, he said. “There is a direct connection with the reserve.”
http://www.thespec.com/news-story/2250679-city-s-car-theft-crown-tied-to-six-nations/
JMO

BBM
Since Ancaster is a suburb of Hamilton, I believe the high vehicle theft rate is explained in this article (although most thefts don't end in murder):

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/2250679-city-s-car-theft-crown-tied-to-six-nations/
JMO

Thanks for the link, dizzy. I do understand that the theft rate is high in that area and I see from the article that approximately 1,700 vehicles were stolen in Hamilton in all of 2011. So, for 3,000 to have been stolen in the area, even though it includes more than Hamilton, just since May 5, 2013 still seems extremely high. I'd love to know where those 2013 statistics came from.

JMO

JMO, but I highly doubt they expected so much media attention so quickly. Pictures of the missing truck and TB were all over the news almost immediately (I believe even the same night he went missing). MOO, but if it were me, I would want to remove myself as far away from the body/truck as I could until the heat died down. Since they were able to identify TB's remains fairly quickly, I believe there was more than just ashes remaining. I highly doubt DM would want to transport the body to the hangar, load it in a plane, and toss the remains (sorry for being graphic). I believe you would also need a friend to tag along on this type of mission, as I don't think it's possible to drive the plane while tossing a body. And IIRC, LE did take the bobcat away, so maybe they were in the middle of digging a hole to bury the body when somebody happened across the crime scene. JMO MOO

JMO, but I highly doubt they expected so much media attention so quickly. Pictures of the missing truck and TB were all over the news almost immediately (I believe even the same night he went missing). MOO, but if it were me, I would want to remove myself as far away from the body/truck as I could until the heat died down. Since they were able to identify TB's remains fairly quickly, I believe there was more than just ashes remaining. I highly doubt DM would want to transport the body to the hangar, load it in a plane, and toss the remains (sorry for being graphic). I believe you would also need a friend to tag along on this type of mission, as I don't think it's possible to drive the plane while tossing a body. And IIRC, LE did take the bobcat away, so maybe they were in the middle of digging a hole to bury the body when somebody happened across the crime scene. JMO MOO

I think the point was that 4 days was enough time to finish burning the body and scatter the ashes from a plane, not the whole body. ;)

I guess I think that my priority would be to remove the body and truck as far away from myself as quickly as I could, rather than just removing myself from the body and truck.

Did DM even have a valid pilot's license? I thought he didn't.

Since we don't know the conditions of the remains, we don't know what they did or didn't have time for. We don't know if they used the incinerator, ran out of fuel, we don't know if the remains were partly buried, etc etc. So at the heart this seems to go back to the idea that if the body was on DM's property he couldn't have been the criminal, because criminals never leave bodies on their property, or at least not longer than a day or two. I still disagree with this. JMO.

Did DM even have a valid pilot's license? I thought he didn't.

I don't think that's ever been confirmed. However, SB's brother-in law and the neighbour across the road seemed to think of him as a pilot.

"I was a pilot. I know what that's like. This guy is addicted to adrenaline,"

“It was awfully close to our place and being (that) he flies — it’s scary,” Bonnie told The Record.

And some of us have seen video of him flying the helicoptor.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members