Motive: The Truck

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the truck might have been the motive (for parts? for re-sale?) and TB appeared to be easier to steal from than the big guy in Etobicoke. But something went wrong during the robbery & TB was killed. Then the panicked cover-up begins (hiding the truck, disposing of the body).

Can you explain why they would have travelled all the way to Ancaster to "thrill kill" someone? Why find the truck on Kijiji, call a guy, set up an appointment, drive a 1/2 hour away, expose their faces to his family? I'd like to hear your theory about that.

So exposing their faces would have been acceptable if they were just goin to steal it?

Perhaps they were foolishly relying on being "just two ordinary white kids". Perhaps they didn't anticipate the SB would see their faces and even if she did, it was dark.

Is it confirmed that the tattoo desc came from the other truck owner?

Does anyone know how difficult would it have been to hotwire the truck? Say they go back for the truck later at TB's and steal it in the middle of the night. Why wouldn't they have done this instead of what happened??
I remember reading in a previous thread that the Ram pickups used some Mercedes theft prevention system from the Chrysler-Daimler days, supposedly impossible to start without the key.

So exposing their faces would have been acceptable if they were just goin to steal it?

Perhaps they were foolishly relying on being "just two ordinary white kids". Perhaps they didn't anticipate the SB would see their faces and even if she did, it was dark.

Is it confirmed that the tattoo desc came from the other truck owner?

Yes, the tattoo detail was not from SB - it was released later from the other truck owner.

Can you explain why they would have travelled all the way to Ancaster to "thrill kill" someone? Why find the truck on Kijiji, call a guy, set up an appointment, drive a 1/2 hour away, expose their faces to his family? I'd like to hear your theory about that.

I'm 50/50 with this. One day I feel it has zero to do with the truck and more just a random kill. Other days not. It's such a bizarre set of circumstances. Alternatively this could have happened anywhere with any vehicle or maybe not even a vehicle. The part that gets me is exposing their faces, I question that especially with how often we hear of people trying to conseal their identities.

"It's not uncommon for allegedly smart people to be caught by police for crimes like this. They think they are smart enough to commit a crime but don't have the skills to avoid detection. There is often overconfidence there. And there can be risk gratification involved as well."

the killer is someone who is exploitive, abusive, lacks any empathy and is a risk-taker.

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/2876832-whoever-killed-bosma-is-abusive-exploitive-and-a-risk-taker-profiler/

These quotes, taken from an interview with Mr. James Van Allen, retired OPP criminal profiler, indicate to me that DM and his friends may have been either too sloppy to conceal their identities, or perhaps even took less precautions because it's part of their hard-wired character to be that way.

Whether he was planning on stealing a truck, a bottle of whiskey, or the Mona Lisa, DM seems to prefer doing it riskily. For him, it's part of the excitement.

MOO

SB said in the memorial service "......he smiled at me and took my Tim" one of them knew he was seen by someone other than the "potential victim" in an environment of a test drive with no way to alibi the disappearance of TB after that. Why kill Tim when he went on a test drive with a witness? It is unrealistic for anyone to expect to get away with anything knowing the wife saw you leave with her husband never to return.

SB said in the memorial service "......he smiled at me and took my Tim" one of them knew he was seen by someone other than the "potential victim" in an environment of a test drive with no way to alibi the disappearance of TB after that. Why kill Tim when he went on a test drive with a witness? It is unrealistic for anyone to expect to get away with anything knowing the wife saw you leave with her husband never to return.

It was dark, his partner was wearing a hoodie I believe, there was no visible vehicle, his tattoo was (I assume) not exposed.

It was stupid, but was it really significantly increasing the risk?

It would have been suspicious to say "Hey meet us at the bottom of the driveway, don't let your wife come down". Maybe they had hats/hoodies and it was a selective exposure. What features was SB able to provide? "Two white guys"?

The problem is SB's description was so generic they would have never been caught, it was the tattoo that the other seller noticed that made the difference on finding DM. Without the tattoo I think LE would still be looking for suspects #1 and #2.

I wonder what the differences were between the two trucks? What if they were legitimately looking for the right truck and the one in Etobicoke wasn't (for whatever reason) so they went to Ancaster ... And then something went wrong. I can't figure out if these guys set out to steal, to murder or if things just got out of control along the line. Being so brazen with showing their faces, tattoos, just doesn't make sense for a robbery or murder.

I wonder what the differences were between the two trucks? What if they were legitimately looking for the right truck and the one in Etobicoke wasn't (for whatever reason) so they went to Ancaster ... And then something went wrong. I can't figure out if these guys set out to steal, to murder or if things just got out of control along the line. Being so brazen with showing their faces, tattoos, just doesn't make sense for a robbery or murder.

Faces is not particularly brazen under the circumstances.
I speculate that the wrist tattoo was exposed from under a sleeve while DM was driving.

I'm 50/50 with this. One day I feel it has zero to do with the truck and more just a random kill. Other days not. It's such a bizarre set of circumstances. Alternatively this could have happened anywhere with any vehicle or maybe not even a vehicle. The part that gets me is exposing their faces, I question that especially with how often we hear of people trying to conseal their identities.

We know that SB saw the two "devils", but do we know that they saw her? They might have met TB on the porch where SB saw them through a window. I haven't seen any indication that they saw her. Didn't TB tell her that they were heading out for a test drive? Would he need to tell her if she was present for the conversation about the test drive?

She said [the devil] smiled at her, but there's been some speculation as to whether that was literal or metaphorical/religious.

We know that SB saw the two "devils", but do we know that they saw her? They might have met TB on the porch where SB saw them through a window. I haven't seen any indication that they saw her. Didn't TB tell her that they were heading out for a test drive? Would he need to tell her if she was present for the conversation about the test drive?

I was wondering that too initially, but she said that they (or one) smiled at her, which to me means they saw her too.

She said [the devil] smiled at her, but there's been some speculation as to whether that was literal or metaphorical/religious.

I interpreted the statement as metaphorical, but used within the context of her religious beliefs (Dutch Reformed Church, if I am not mistaken).

Example -- "Fortune smiled upon Mr. Roosevelt."

The problem is SB's description was so generic they would have never been caught, it was the tattoo that the other seller noticed that made the difference on finding DM. Without the tattoo I think LE would still be looking for suspects #1 and #2.

I think the phone records they were able to obtain from TB's cell phone, helped LE track down DM. Regardless of SB's description of the men. You would think she would have atleast seen his Red Mohawk? I'm so confused.

I am another one of you guys that has this disturbing case on the brain 24/7. Every morning I conduct a Google search - looking for the next peice of evidence/information to come available. I have often wondered if suspect #3 is following these threads? I hate the thought of them thinking they got away with this. I'm eagerly awaiting their arrest.

I think the phone records they were able to obtain from TB's cell phone, helped LE track down DM. Regardless of SB's description of the men. You would think she would have atleast seen his Red Mohawk? I'm so confused.

I am another one of you guys that has this disturbing case on the brain 24/7. Every morning I conduct a Google search - looking for the next peice of evidence/information to come available. I have often wondered if suspect #3 is following these threads? I hate the thought of them thinking they got away with this. I'm eagerly awaiting their arrest.

I think his red mohawk was from older pictures of him.

I think his red mohawk was from older pictures of him.

That's what I thought too. I suspect they were trying to hide in plain sight. I would love to have seen DMs reaction when the news of the tattoo reached him.

No indication as far as I know either, which is a good point.
I was thinking more generically as far as having a motive. If I was about to commit a crime, I would think that I would try to hide my face and distinguishable marks like my tattoos just in case.

The red Mohawk was from 2 years ago in Baja. The burner phone was found threw TB's phone records, with this they found the other seller NOT DM, the other sellers description of the tattoo led to DM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214