Motive: The Truck

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone seems fixated on the fact that DM stealing TB’s truck was not logical, and they are correct. DM could have afforded to buy the truck, didn’t need to steal it and as such there is no logical reason to come to that he stole the truck.

The whole problem with this line of thinking is that people are not logical. By the same logic, anyone who brews their own booze does so because they cannot afford to buy it at the store. Anyone who cuts their own grass cannot afford to have it done. Anyone who cleans their own house, cannot afford a maid.

None of those things are true. I have enough financial means to purchase anything I desire, and when bulk garbage pickup day occurs, I’m know too slowly cruise the streets looking for a freebee, and I’ve even been known to dive right into a dumpster to retrieve something that “I can’t believe they threw this out!” I recognize that it doesn’t make sense, and that my time would be better spent in my business, but quite frankly sometimes I like a break from my business and love the thrill of getting something for free. I would probably even push the limits of what is legal to fulfill that thrill. “Is the dumpster locked to prevent me from taking garbage or too keep people from illegally dumping????? Must be the illegal dumpers they are trying to prevent.”

People do certain thing because they just want too. Why DM wanted the truck I have no idea, but I have no doubt that he did.

Everyone seems fixated on the fact that DM stealing TB’s truck was not logical, and they are correct. DM could have afforded to buy the truck, didn’t need to steal it and as such there is no logical reason to come to that he stole the truck.

The whole problem with this line of thinking is that people are not logical. By the same logic, anyone who brews their own booze does so because they cannot afford to buy it at the store. Anyone who cuts their own grass cannot afford to have it done. Anyone who cleans their own house, cannot afford a maid.

None of those things are true. I have enough financial means to purchase anything I desire, and when bulk garbage pickup day occurs, I’m know too slowly cruise the streets looking for a freebee, and I’ve even been known to dive right into a dumpster to retrieve something that “I can’t believe they threw this out!” I recognize that it doesn’t make sense, and that my time would be better spent in my business, but quite frankly sometimes I like a break from my business and love the thrill of getting something for free. I would probably even push the limits of what is legal to fulfill that thrill. “Is the dumpster locked to prevent me from taking garbage or too keep people from illegally dumping????? Must be the illegal dumpers they are trying to prevent.”

People do certain thing because they just want too. Why DM wanted the truck I have no idea, but I have no doubt that he did.
Thank you for the plain common sense point of view.

:goodpost:

People kill for tennis shoes, Ipods, $20 worth of crack and less. So I can believe it was only for a truck or an engine.

Sometimes, it's just "how" criminals think. Sometimes, even the criminals themselves don't know why they do what they do, or think like they do. I've had occasion to talk with some in my lifetime, i.e.

One reformed criminal, when driving by a lot full of travel trailers, said "Do you have any idea how easy it is to simply hook up to one of those things and drive off with it?". After a moment of silence, that same person then said "I wonder whatever gave me the idea that I had the right to take something that belonged to someone else".

Another unreformed criminal, found guilty of armed robbery in which a victim was shot, said "Well, if the idiot had given us his wallet, he wouldn't have gotten shot". (FWIW, this perp's mother echoed those same sentiments).

Another criminal who stole large items said "It's no big deal .. they've got insurance on it".

Another criminal who stole smaller items from businesses was astonished when I explained how many widgets that small business owner had to sell just in order to recoup the cost of the stolen item from their store.

I don't have the answers to how and why they think like they do ... they just do.

I just came in to say I've never taken studied every Dodge Ram I've seen on the road until this case!

Snoof I know what you mean. In fact yesterday, at the gas station a guy was filling up his big black Dodge Ram and I said to him, " don't you talk to strangers young man" He clued in right away to what I meant and said he wouldn't. I am a Silverado kind of gal, but those big Dodge Rams, they are pretty sexy.

I believe it's been proven that TB's Kijiji ad had no part of what happened. Has anyone actually seen the Autotrader ad for TB's truck? I haven't been able to find it anywhere.

I believe it's been proven that TB's Kijiji ad had no part of what happened. Has anyone actually seen the Autotrader ad for TB's truck? I haven't been able to find it anywhere.

I don't know that it's been proven, other than that Kijiji published a disclaimer.

The only way to contact TB would have been thru AT. There was no phone number left on the Kijiji ad. Judging by the other AT ads, SOME type of contact information is required i.e. phone number, business location, etc.

The only way to contact TB would have been thru AT. There was no phone number left on the Kijiji ad. Judging by the other AT ads, SOME type of contact information is required i.e. phone number, business location, etc.

Whether or not there was a phone number on the Kijiji ad has been debated.

Many people here recall seeing the 'click to view number' button on Kijiji in the early days of the case when the ad was still active (note - there's a cached Kijiji ad that doesn't have a phone number, but that was a different version that only had 1 view). Also at one of the earlier press conferences, LE said Tim had his phone number on the websites (plural -- with the websites having been identified earlier as Kijiji and AutoTrader), such that an individual wouldn't need to email/go through the websites to contact TB.

Back to my original question...has anyone seen the AT ad?

Yes, the AT ad was linked here in the first day or two as well. If you go back to the first pages of thread #1, the link will be there. I haven't seen a cached version.

I saw that but of course, it's long since been removed.

I did find it interesting, however, that as early as the 8th, there was a question regarding someone running a chop shop...

Yes, the AT ad was linked here in the first day or two as well. If you go back to the first pages of thread #1, the link will be there. I haven't seen a cached version.

Google "19_6920989_" (without the quotes) and and it should come up. Click the small down arrow for the cached version.

Google "19_6920989_" (without the quotes) and and it should come up. Click the small down arrow for the cached version.

Thank you! That worked (although no photos).

Btw, it's crazy how fast the Googlebot works. Your post from minutes ago comes up as the third result!

The unit would need an electrical power supply to be as efficient as advertised rates. Appearing to be found in or near the "woods" would infer no electrical power meaning inefficiencies in burn rate/hr if you know what I mean.

There should begin to be mounting evidence at this point in time to determine where, when and how the murder was committed. Other test results would likely refine that data into who is the actual killer(s) and narrow the parameters of where, when and how. Some of that might already be known after initial inspection of the body and could be why they were looking in the weeds/woods, near where MS was arrested, for a weapon.

Electrical power could be supplied via generator or inverter in running vehicle. At this point though there has been no indication the incinerator was used to burn the body. Rather folks are putting 1 + 1 together and coming up with 3. LE indicated there were two burn marks on the ground which could be an indication that TB was simply burned on the ground. LE said burned beyond recognition and totality of evidence in reference to TB. If you watch the video on the incinerator website, it does not appear to burn the ground. It is much like a pig roaster which we have used and it doesn't burn the ground underneath either, from our experience.

At this point, all we know is TB was burned. We don't know if the incinerator was used and LE have not said if an accelerant were used but the body was in plain sight when found so flames would have drawn unwanted attention as would an incinerator. Way back in the recesses of my mind, I recall watching a crime show where the person was burned to death using something like racing car fuel or jet fuel that showed no visible flames while burning. DM and anyone in that hanger would have had access to both types of fuel.

People kill for tennis shoes, Ipods, $20 worth of crack and less. So I can believe it was only for a truck or an engine.

Possibly ..but most murderers don`t leave a map of evidence that literally leads right to their door....or their mothers door... saying follow these arrows... JMO

Possibly ..but most murderers don`t leave a map of evidence that literally leads right to their door....or their mothers door... saying follow these arrows... JMO

Actually in many, many cases they do leave a trail. It's called evidence.

Many killers simply are ignorant to or don't understand forensics and investigative techniques. The others are sloppy.

Actually in many, many cases they do leave a trail. It's called evidence.

Many killers simply are ignorant to or don't understand forensics and investigative techniques. The others are sloppy.

Yes evidence but not signposts in red and framed as it were. I am not a killer but but even I would know that drawing a virtual map that led straight to my door would be incredibly shortsighted. DM had a good education , was taught the ropes of bigger business and I do not see him as being someone who is as 'deliberate' as is suggested.

Yes evidence but not signposts in red and framed as it were. I am not a killer but but even I would know that drawing a virtual map that led straight to my door would be incredibly shortsighted. DM had a good education , was taught the ropes of bigger business and I do not see him as being someone who is as 'deliberate' as is suggested.

When DM moved the truck he had no reason to believe he would be linked to the murder. It was Wednesday and he wasn't arrested until Saturday.

I personally am of the opinion he's killed several times before and disposed of at least some of the bodies on his farm. If he hadn't been discovered in the past, he probably wasn't too worried about it in the future.

Overconfident and sloppy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member