Mr. Kyle's Memories

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
towpartsgirl answered me and she is the same one! She has tried to register, but was rejected. I told her about the email rules and how to contact admin to get accepted. I also told her to contact me if she still had trouble and I would try to help her get registered.

She is still convinced that her friend is a relative. Her friend is adopted, but he knew his birth parents. The birth parents are deceased. She also said that she felt the regression pics on Dr Phil were not accurate.

Now we wait again......
---------------------------------------------------------------------
WOW.WOW.WOW. Good job! Tracie5! WOW.WOW.WOW.
So great you reached her! She tried to register here at WebSleuths? Does she only have a yahoo account?
Glad you are helping her get on board.
I am so excited. This made my day.

Tracie...wow!!! good going! :D *fingers crossed*

dreamweaver...ah ok. looked at the pic Stone...hmmmm...sort of resembles him, yes.

oh, my friend said he would hang up flyers, so i'll check back with him.

Also, he gave me the Univ. of Colo alumni contact email...I was wondering if I could model the email to them from your email to the DU alumni association?

I will email the flyer to people and ask them to pass it on.

and one more thing...I AM A MORON! i didn't work a arthur treachers...why did i think that??? i worked at some other cheesy fish & chip place. my old brain is seriously shorting out!!! :bang:

however, arthur treachers are/were in the denver area :crazy:

towpartsgirl answered me and she is the same one! She has tried to register, but was rejected. I told her about the email rules and how to contact admin to get accepted. I also told her to contact me if she still had trouble and I would try to help her get registered.

She is still convinced that her friend is a relative. Her friend is adopted, but he knew his birth parents. The birth parents are deceased. She also said that she felt the regression pics on Dr Phil were not accurate.

Now we wait again......

Great work Tracie! I know she thinks her friend is a relative but I'd love to know if her friend feels this way as well! I hope she's discussed it with the friend! :)

snipped for space
and one more thing...I AM A MORON! i didn't work a arthur treachers...why did i think that??? i worked at some other cheesy fish & chip place. my old brain is seriously shorting out!!! :bang:

however, arthur treachers are/were in the denver area :crazy:

lol, let's chalk it up to the recall of smelly fishy grease clouding the memory! :crazy:

Great work Tracie! I know she thinks her friend is a relative but I'd love to know if her friend feels this way as well! I hope she's discussed it with the friend! :)

I don't know how he feels but she said he was home recovering from eye surgery when she saw the show and called him. During the phone conversation, other friends of his showed up at his home and she said they were also talking about how much BK looked like him.

I really want her to show up here. I hope her friend does not feel it is an invasion of his privacy. I haven't heard anything else from her.

snipped for space

lol, let's chalk it up to the recall of smelly fishy grease clouding the memory! :crazy:

haha snowme, quite right ;)

I don't know how he feels but she said he was home recovering from eye surgery when she saw the show and called him. During the phone conversation, other friends of his showed up at his home and she said they were also talking about how much BK looked like him.

I really want her to show up here. I hope her friend does not feel it is an invasion of his privacy. I haven't heard anything else from her.

Tracie5--let's hope her friend doesn't feel that way either & I really do hope she shows up, too...the suspense is driving me mad!

Wow, so it's not just one person who felt there was something similar. I hope she shows up too!

Has Mr. Kyle undergone any kind of hypnosis to try and unlock his repressed memories?
I would think that might be helpful to him. If they felt he might have repressed memories due to some kind of traumatic experience, then they could possible regress him to earlier in his life. Just wondering out loud.

Lady Sleuth

haha snowme, quite right ;)

Tracie5--let's hope her friend doesn't feel that way either & I really do hope she shows up, too...the suspense is driving me mad!

----------------------------------------------------------
Me too. The suspense is too much. Have you heard anything at all? Does she need help joining? I know you said you would help her.

Gee, you know, we get one little clue and we are just so excited and happy.
Nice,isn't it.?

I haven't heard anything from her. I just sent her another PM on youtube and gave her my direct email address.

I noticed she had logged on to youtube 4 hours ago so she must have read my last message. I sure hope she doesn't feel like I am stalking her! I think we will have to let it go if I don't hear anything else - unless someone else wants to try. Let's give it a little more time.

If she just knew how anxious we all are to talk to her! :praying:

I haven't heard anything from her. I just sent her another PM on youtube and gave her my direct email address.

I noticed she had logged on to youtube 4 hours ago so she must have read my last message. I sure hope she doesn't feel like I am stalking her! I think we will have to let it go if I don't hear anything else - unless someone else wants to try. Let's give it a little more time.

If she just knew how anxious we all are to talk to her! :praying:
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Tracie5: Well, no word. Maybe she has a very good reason to not join and help out.
Moving on.

I watched and listened to Dr Phil show on YouTube again.
Things I noticed this time around:
My apologies: ALL CAPS are mine.

BK remembers that after found, people said he was BEHIND the dumpster,
around 6:00A.M.
BK remembers that after found, others talked about CLOTHES SEEN IN dumpster.
No one followed up.
BK remembers that after found, no police report was done.
BK remembers being OUTSIDE A JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL WHEN PRES. KENNEDY SHOT IN DALLAS, TX., NOV. 1963.
BK says he worked in an industry.
BK strongly feels he was born in Indianapolis, IN.
BK has spent hours on line doing his own missing persons searches.
On Dr Phil show, the linguist, mentioned Kansas and S. Mo. also as places BK could be from.
...............Things this board has discussed..................:
Benjaman. dob; 8/29/48. Has 3 brothers. Catholic.
Indiana birth records.
In Richmond Hill, GA, because he came to visit the ocean.
Remembers CO. from the late 1970's, 1980's.
Remembers state fair and grilled cheese sandwich.
Good work ethic.
His scars.
Not military, not in Viet Nam war.

Okay. Well, I could continue listing what we have searched for, but my post was to report what I learned after watching Dr Phil show again.
Anyone else?

Ben's memories of Mamma Elena's Mexican Restaurant and The Normandy Restaurant.
I have a tip: Maria Elena Mexican Restaurant may still be open for the lunch crowd.
The Normandy Restaurant opened in the late 50's and closed in 2001.

I know this is a touchy subject.
But, bringing it up anyway.

Would BK share a few new memories of Denver or Indianapolis that might point us in the more focused direction? Like: which city he was in when he fell off the loading dock?
Does he remember another city in CO?

It seems that all of BK's memories about CO. and places can be found on the internet.
I can't explain it but I am getting a hinky feeling about that. Are there any memories of BK's that information hasn't been found?

It seems that all of BK's memories about CO. and places can be found on the internet.
I can't explain it but I am getting a hinky feeling about that. Are there any memories of BK's that information hasn't been found?

Hi rozey, if I'm understanding you correctly, here's something pertaining to the CO memories that hasn't (to my knowledge) been verified/confirmed: he mentions an Arthur Treacher's Fish & Chips. I looked & looked online a while back to find out where it would have been located. I contacted the Denver Chamber of Commerce and the business division of the CO Secretary of State. Both of those entities came back with zero result and I do think they made a fair attempt at finding out.

It's crossed my mind that the ATF&C memory could be muddled and could have been located elsewhere, perhaps IN. It's actually more plausible to me that it was in IN because of the history found for that chain. Not to say there never was nor never could have been one in CO but it was far more likely to have been in IN rather than CO.

Others here will probably giggle... that darned ATF&C is one of the very first things that stuck out to me and prompted me to finally begin posting! :crazy:

Hi rozey, if I'm understanding you correctly, here's something pertaining to the CO memories that hasn't (to my knowledge) been verified/confirmed: he mentions an Arthur Treacher's Fish & Chips. I looked & looked online a while back to find out where it would have been located. I contacted the Denver Chamber of Commerce and the business division of the CO Secretary of State. Both of those entities came back with zero result and I do think they made a fair attempt at finding out.

It's crossed my mind that the ATF&C memory could be muddled and could have been located elsewhere, perhaps IN. It's actually more plausible to me that it was in IN because of the history found for that chain. Not to say there never was nor never could have been one in CO but it was far more likely to have been in IN rather than CO.

Others here will probably giggle... that darned ATF&C is one of the very first things that stuck out to me and prompted me to finally begin posting! :crazy:

Thanks snowme. :)
How can we know if these memories are real or adopted. The emotional trauma of not remembering who you are must be maddening. Did these memories appear before or after BK's use of the internet?
I am in no way saying that he is fabricating....My knowledge of amnesia is limited. Looking back in my own life there are events that I'm not sure I truly remember or remember because I've heard the story or viewed a pic.

IIRC someone posted that there was an ATF & C's in the Denver area.

Thanks snowme. :)
How can we know if these memories are real or adopted. The emotional trauma of not remembering who you are must be maddening. Did these memories appear before or after BK's use of the internet? I am in no way saying that he is fabricating....My knowledge of amnesia is limited. Looking back in my own life there are events that I'm not sure I truly remember or remember because I've heard the story or viewed a pic.

IIRC someone posted that there was an ATF & C's in the Denver area.

my bold
Taking the last part first, ... and I've missed it?! :crazy: I'll have go thru and check.

I hadn't thought of that before, regarding the timing of the memories. I know what you're saying tho and it would be interesting to know if something triggered memories or if they came to him before being introduced (or reintroduced) to things like internet, books, magazines, tv, etc. Or perhaps even just hearing someone say something, a word or story or something that clicked.

Or it could be that nothing triggered what he's shared as memories... maybe that stuff was just there in his mind when he began recovering from having been beaten.

What I'm wondering now is would it make any significant difference to his recovery whether the memories are triggered or were just there? Anyone have any thoughts or source material on that?

No one way to really tell if BK's memories were triggered or after being on internet, reading etc. From what I have gathered, BK says he 'feels' his name is Benjaman, that he was born in Indianapolis, etc.
dissociative amnesia http://my.clevelandclinic.org/disorders/Dissociative_Disorders/hic_Dissociative_Amnesia.aspx

tetris game invokes 'old' memories in amnesia patients
http://www.sciencemag.org/cgi/content/short/290/5490/350

'snipped' He was sent to the neurology ward, where he underwent a week of grueling MRIs and CT scans, spinal taps and blood tests. Doctors found no physical injuries. Next came a week of observation in the psychiatric ward. “They wanted to make sure this wasn’t a put-on job,” says Jeff, who took IQ tests and solved puzzles. Under hypnosis he told doctors his wife and children had been killed by a drunk driver. In fact, Jeff’s ex-wife, Melanie, was still alive, and they had no children; experts say it’s not unusual for patients to come up with false memories under hypnosis.
http://www.rd.com/living-healthy/a-man-with-amnesia-reunited-with-his-wife/article44333-2.html

Info on amnesia:

http://www.mdjunction.com/forums/am...sonal-stories/139759-amnesia-going-on-3-years
Amnesia Forum site.
Interesting. Maybe BK will read this and if he does not know about it, he could check it out.

http://www.mdjunction.com/forums/am...5201-discovery-health-channel-amnesia-stories
Discovery Channel doing stories on amnesia, program Mystery ER, 2/2008.

http://www.experienceproject.com/groups/Have-Had-Amnesia/79561
An anonymous share your amnesia experience site. I do not know the reputation of this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth