GUILTY MS - Alexandria "Ally" Kostial, 21, Ole Miss student found dead, Harmontown, 20 Jul 2019 *ARREST* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't understand those of you who say this helps the defense. How does it help them?

Because a portion of the article was not becoming to her, IMO, they can use it as perhaps a reason he snapped?

ETA: It won’t work, it just makes it a circus and harder on her family

I don't understand those of you who say this helps the defense. How does it help them?

The part in the DM article supposedly quoting a friend saying that she was intentionally harming the pregnancy with drugs and alcohol sounds like a ploy that a defense team might use to start putting out rumors that would attack the victim's character.

Because a portion of the article was not becoming to her, IMO, they can use it as perhaps a reason he snapped?

ETA: It won’t work, it just makes it a circus and harder on her family

The part in the DM article supposedly quoting a friend saying that she was intentionally harming the pregnancy with drugs and alcohol sounds like a ploy that a defense team might use to start putting out rumors that would attack the victim's character.

If that's all they have they are in deep doo-doo because it makes no sense. He shot her 8 times.

One grain is salt I think we can take away from the article:

Lafayette County Sheriff's Department confirmed to DailyMailTV that they were aware of the claims that Kostial was pregnant and it was part of the ongoing investigation.

While not confirmation that she was pregnant, it does seem to lean towards LE investigating it as a motive.

If she was actually pregnant, then that is an additional ground for a first degree murder charge/conviction. Mississippi law currently provides:

"(1)
The killing of a human being without the authority of law by any means or in any manner shall be murder in the following cases:
. . .
(d) When done with deliberate design to effect the death of an unborn child, shall be first-degree murder."

Section 97-3-19 - Homicide; murder defined; first-degree murder; second-degree murder; capital murder; lesser-included offenses, Miss. Code § 97-3-19 | Casetext

I am no legal expert. But I think by ruling a crime of passion, it eliminates premeditation and therefore manslaughter comes into play. I attached a legal dictionary definition.

One grain is salt I think we can take away from the article:

Lafayette County Sheriff's Department confirmed to DailyMailTV that they were aware of the claims that Kostial was pregnant and it was part of the ongoing investigation.

While not confirmation that she was pregnant, it does seem to lean towards LE investigating it as a motive.
I’ll probably get my comment deleted but WLBT reporter Therese Apel replied on Twitter “I know you don’t, but you will” to a reader who thought Therese’s reporting the location of the gunshot wounds unnecessary. I found Therese’s reply very telling, implying shots to the abdomen were important ...

Last edited:
I am no legal expert. But I think by ruling a crime of passion, it eliminates premeditation and therefore manslaughter comes into play. I attached a legal dictionary definition.
But shooting someone repeatedly because she is pregnant with your child, which you have known for two months, would not seem to qualify as a crime of passion. Especially after picking her up early in the morning and driving her to the most remote place within 100 miles where multiple gunshots would not be heard by anyone. What a coincidence to have a sudden uncontrollable passionate impulse at that time and place, leave the body there, not call 911, and then go chill out and retweet idiotic memes the rest of the day as if nothing happened.

Last edited:
A couple of snap thoughts about the DM article.

1) The source was anonymous. No attributed quotes. Not a strong story.
2) I found it strange that her alleged pregnancy wasn't a secret on campus, but the alleged father didn't know about it until that day. That defies all logic.
3) She allegedly didn't want to abort the baby, but was actively seeking ways to terminate pregnancy herself. Huh? Again, this doesn't make a ton of sense.
4) The timing of the story is odd. Why now?

I'd have to read again to digest.

Last edited:
I’ll probably get my comment deleted but Clarion Ledger reporter Therese Apel replied on Twitter “I know you don’t, but you will” to a reader who thought Therese’s reporting the location of the gunshot wounds unnecessary. I found Therese’s reply very telling, implying shots to the abdomen were important ...

Just one correction: Apel hasn't been with the C-L in a while. She is now with WLBT tv news.

I am no fan of the Daily Mail, they are sensationalistic and a rag. I have seen in many cases though where they often get nuggets of truth that other outlets do not. They need proofreaders without a doubt, there are always mistakes, and it looks like various versions came from different "friends" in this article. Sorority sisters--when I see that, it crossed my mind that his sister is also a member of this sorority. No true friend of Ally's would have ever made the one remark--and to the press no less.

They are an accepted source despite their sensationalism and it is now stated in MSM that she was pregnant. Could it still be wrong? I guess so but there have been many things from the start and hints that this was the case.

If she was, this is even more tragic and heartbreaking.

Jmo.

The great break in this case is how soon the patrol deputy found her body. It was likely within eight hours of the murder. It was obviously a murder scene. Once they were able to identify her, they could establish a digital footprint.

BT was arrested less than 48 hours after her body was found. He was in another state. Appears that all digital forensic evidence was directing LE to him the entire time. He had no idea they were onto him so soon.

A young, 22-year-old is seldom going to outsmart LE with decades of experience and resources at their disposal. It sounds like this kid couldn't make it through his sophomore year in college, much less plan a mastermind murder. His only saving grace is his father's money and willingness to spend. My opinion only. And we shall see during trial.

I think it’s probably fair to assume the girl quoted in the DM said something close to what they reported she said. But assuming what she said is actually true is another thing altogether. Crackpots come out and say all sorts of things about parties in sensational crimes. There will always be people who like the attention and portend they knew the victim far better than they actually did. Especially if the “media” source they are talking to pays for the interview directly or indirectly.

All we really know is there are rumors she was pregnant, had talked to him that day, etc. Not the degree to which those rumors are true.

Frankly the bit about the victim doing unhealthy things to self-abort the baby makes me question how well the “source” really knew her. As someone else pointed out it doesn’t fit w/someone who doesn’t want an abortion and more importantly if the source was really her friend and directly in her confidence I can’t imagine her saying something like that to media even if true.

IMO this “friend” is nothing but an attention-seeking ________ who was mildly acquainted w/the victim and may know people who actually were her friend.

I would be amazed if the family hasn’t requested friends avoid the media. And while they can’t forbid it I’m confident LE has requested interviews be avoided as well. In early days after a crime like this it’s not uncommon for friends to comment. They don’t know any better. But after that it’s more typical people who care about the victim quit discussing facts of the case that haven’t been reported and clam up all together or stick to talking about the good things they’ll miss about their beloved friend.

Last edited:
I can understand why the so-called friend who was the source of the claims in the Daily Mail article does not want to be identified. Some friend to sell out Ally’s memory like that. The only folks that needed to hear this story are LE.
When you know that the Daily Mail is not even interviewing people in person and the interviewee goes unnamed, why lend the story any credence?

The interviewee could be a Farese recruit or a coed looking to make a few bucks from the DM.

Wherever it came from, it's a preposterous story we should just ignore because making Ally look like less of an innocent is the goal.

Unfortunately, Ally's family had to hire a PR person knowing more of this will come as Brandon's family attempts once again to protect him from the consequences of his action.

I made an account just to post this. I wouldn’t listen to the DM article at all. I have immediate family members in the public eye and they did a story on an incident involving my family not long ago. First time they posted the story, they had family members all mixed up. They changed it and included “witness” and “friend” statements and info... which NO ONE had ever heard of the people LOL. I don’t believe a thing they say.

But shooting someone repeatedly because she is pregnant with your child, which you have known for two months, would not seem to qualify as a crime of passion. Especially after picking her up early in the morning and driving her to the most remote place within 100 miles where multiple gunshots would not be heard by anyone. What a coincidence to have a sudden uncontrollable passionate impulse at that time and place, and leave the body there, not call 911, and then go chill out and retweet idiotic memes the rest of the day as if nothing happened.
I will be glad to be wrong about this.

I'm feeling very sad for Ally. :(
Someone is putting forth an enormous amount of effort to protect him (this murderer).
There's nothing she did to deserve being brutally slaughtered.

Reminds me of another case (although not a murder) that happened at a southern christian college from years ago in Pensacola, FL.
The protection afforded to this male freshman student was unbelievably horrendous.
It's happened on college campuses for years when girls are assaulted and raped.

Protecting a boy's future becomes all-important, the girl is shamed for drinking or having had sex before and he gets to stay in school while she usually leaves so she doesn't have to run into him.

Last edited:
I made an account just to post this. I wouldn’t listen to the DM article at all. I have immediate family members in the public eye and they did a story on an incident involving my family not long ago. First time they posted the story, they had family members all mixed up. They changed it and included “witness” and “friend” statements and info... which NO ONE had ever heard of the people LOL. I don’t believe a thing they say.
CRC2019, good for you for sharing this story.

I'm continually bothered that WS qualifies Daily Mail as MSM. DM continues to print erroneous stories long after the true facts have been revealed.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee
Back