GUILTY MS - Alexandria "Ally" Kostial, 21, Ole Miss student found dead, Harmontown, 20 Jul 2019 *ARREST* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Investigation Discovery network

Mississippi Murder | New York Post Reports: Off the Record

Mississippi Murder

A pretty college girl is found dead by a lake. Her body is riddled with bullets. Reporters at the New York Post are sent an anonymous email with photos of the suspect with the victim and the truth begins to emerge.

7 min|TV-14|Premiered 03/29/2020
Takeaway is that defense will likely use the 8 bullets/overkill element to prove crime of passion vs. 1st degree murder. Pregnancy/refusal to have an abortion, if shown to be a factor, would further support that defense. This strategy, if successful, could mean BT’s minimum sentence might be as light as 10 years.

If these predictions are all true, the moment BT found out AK was pregnant will become hugely important imo. Was he stewing on the info all week or did she tell him that night by the lake. When did he make that post about “she dropped the bomb on me” song? I don’t recall...

Continuance previously filed in January. I think trial date 4/10/20 was merely the docket date and not that it was ever going to happen then since I think the Court is still waiting on BT's psych evaluation from MS State Hospital.

Pandemic pushes back Kinne, Theesfeld trials

March 27, 2020

[..]

Brandon Theesfeld's trial was scheduled for April 10. He pleaded not guilty in the murder of fellow Ole Miss student Ally Kostial. She was found dead on July 20, 2019, in the Harmontown community of Lafayette County.

Related - Brandon Theesfeld pleads not guilty in death of Ole Miss student Ally Kostial

District Attorney Ben Creekmore said the two trials were on the docket. He said realistically, the cases would have been pushed back anyway.

He said the prosecution will meet with the suspects’ defense attorney to discuss the cases once the COVID-19 pandemic has passed. The same defense attorney represents both men.

Looking around MSM, and I found this, dated June 1, 2020, but only Clarion Ledger subscribers may view it. Hoping someone has access to it...
Here's what I saw:
-------------------------------​
Mississippi crime: Amid pandemic, trials for murder delayed
www.clarionledger.com › story › news › 2020/06/01 › mississippi-cri...

Jun 1, 2020 - Brandon Theesfeld. Brandon Theesfeld is charged with murder in the 2019 death of Ally Kostial. Theesfeld was indicted on capital murder ...

Looking around MSM, and I found this, dated June 1, 2020, but only Clarion Ledger subscribers may view it. Hoping someone has access to it...
Here's what I saw:

Jun 1, 2020 - Brandon Theesfeld. Brandon Theesfeld is charged with murder in the 2019 death of Ally Kostial. Theesfeld was indicted on capital murder ...

I quit paying for that rag forever ago. My mother may have access.

Here's what I saw:

It's just a summary of various cases. I was able to read it through Google cache (try my link).

Theesfeld's attorney, Tony Farese, could not immediately be reached for comment.

According to the Lafayette County Circuit Clerk's office, the trial has been continued. A date was not available. Lafayette County District Attorney Ben Creekmore could not be reached for comment.

So the April delay was due to covid shutdowns, but the July trial session was lost as well because the district was down to 1 judge. Apparently 2 of the 3 trial judges retired. Two new judges have now been appointed & Theesfeld is expected to be back on the docket for the October trial session. I hope! I haven’t found any updates related to the status or outcome of the psych eval. OUR VIEW: Justice delayed is not justice denied - The Oxford Eagle

So the April delay was due to covid shutdowns, but the July trial session was lost as well because the district was down to 1 judge. Apparently 2 of the 3 trial judges retired. Two new judges have now been appointed & Theesfeld is expected to be back on the docket for the October trial session. I hope! I haven’t found any updates related to the status or outcome of the psych eval. OUR VIEW: Justice delayed is not justice denied - The Oxford Eagle

Similar delays are happening with many pre trial hearings and trials for murders these days, mostly COVID 19 related. Patience.

Ahhh, October... Let us hope, but there's no telling what his legal team may be cooking up -- delay is the name of the game at this point.
I assume our indicted suspect is still in the jailhouse, right??

Ahhh, October... Let us hope, but there's no telling what his legal team may be cooking up -- delay is the name of the game at this point.
I assume our indicted suspect is still in the jailhouse, right??
I was wondering this too. I’m wondering if daddy & the big league defense attorney have a hand in quieting media. There has been very little reporting. I hope he’s still in lockup & didn’t score a covid release.

I was wondering this too. I’m wondering if daddy & the big league defense attorney have a hand in quieting media. There has been very little reporting. I hope he’s still in lockup & didn’t score a covid release.

So far no change. Hope he's miserable daily.

BRANDON AUSTIN THEESFELD
Custody Record
Age23
GenderMale
RaceWhite

Date of Birth Apr 05, 1997
ID Number176760
Custody Status Date Jul 22, 2020 06:03 PM CDT
Custody StatusIn Custody
Custody Detail Lafayette County Detention Center
Book Date Jul 22, 2019 03:59 PM CDT

711 Jackson Ave East
Oxford, MS 38655
(662) 234-6421

VINELink

So far no change. Hope he's miserable daily.

BRANDON AUSTIN THEESFELD
Custody Record
Age23
GenderMale
RaceWhite

Date of Birth Apr 05, 1997
ID Number176760
Custody Status Date Jul 22, 2020 06:03 PM CDT
Custody StatusIn Custody

711 Jackson Ave East
Oxford, MS 38655
(662) 234-6421

VINELink

Interesting -- I checked BT's inmate status and it seems the last update at Nov 6, 2020, and most of his contact data is now private. So, what was it? Getting too much prison fan mail? Don't want him getting any birthday cards?

Date of Birth Apr **, ****
ID Number176***

Custody Status Date Nov 06, 2020 01:47 PM CST
Custody StatusIn Custody

711 Jackson Ave East
Oxford, MS 38655
(662) 234-6421

Interesting -- I checked BT's inmate status and it seems the last update at Nov 6, 2020, and most of his contact data is now private. So, what was it? Getting too much prison fan mail? Don't want him getting any birthday cards?

Date of Birth Apr **, ****
ID Number176***

Custody Status Date Nov 06, 2020 01:47 PM CST
Custody StatusIn Custody

711 Jackson Ave East
Oxford, MS 38655
(662) 234-6421

Groovin' on that @Seattle1 !!
Keywords: "In Custody" :D
Poor little fratty-bagger. No more frat liquor-locker for The Brandon.
-----------------------------------​
I also think of Ally's family on her birthday, at Thanksgiving and Christmas without her again this year. It doesn't get any easier.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChillThrills
Back