MS - Alexandria "Ally" Kostial, 21, Ole Miss student, found dead, Harmontown, 20 July 2019 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

So, from that article, I found this interesting:

"Police have not released details about how Theesfeld and Kostial knew each other, if they did. Theesfeld’s 20-year-old sister is in the same University of Mississippi sorority that Kostial was a founding member of, Alpha Phi. One of Kostial’s close friends wrote on Twitter, “He harassed her for years, took advantage of her for years, I spent countless nights holding Ally close drying her tears about this monster for years. You deserve hell you disgusting excuse for a human. #JusticeForAlly You will never diminish her sunshine.”"

"Police have not released details about how Theesfeld and Kostial knew each other, if they did. Theesfeld’s 20-year-old sister is in the same University of Mississippi sorority that Kostial was a founding member of, Alpha Phi. One of Kostial’s close friends wrote on Twitter, “He harassed her for years, took advantage of her for years, I spent countless nights holding Ally close drying her tears about this monster for years. You deserve hell you disgusting excuse for a human. #JusticeForAlly You will never diminish her sunshine.”"

Thanks for sharing, this is new info. I hate it when they just update articles and don't write a new one.

I've seen screenshots of text messages floating around Ole Miss - it's not going to be pretty when everything comes out. I did see where his dad released a statement that he believed his son would be exonerated.

“I know my son is innocent:" Father of man accused in murder of Ally Kostial releases statement
I think LE has plenty of evidence and that’s why he arrested right away. This guy comes from a family of money so we can expect his Daddy to protect him at all cost. I hope he doesn’t get bond but I bet he will.

How is he innocent? Sad for the family but come on.

I know, right? Given how quickly they arrested him I'm going to guess he barely, if at all, bothered to cover his tracks or do much to conceal his involvement.

Also, I know families are in denial, blah, blah, could never believe poor perfect lil Johnny Sunshine could commit a crime, I get it, but do us a favor and keep that "He's innocent!" cry to yourself till some evidence has at least come out. Haven't even released probable cause statements, how could they know?!?!

I hope being drunk isn’t a defense but I’m sure defense will bring in that and that he has a mental illness.
No, intoxication is not a defense. The jury will receive an instruction to that effect. It can be raised as mitigation in sentencing, but in my opinion it never seems to make much difference.

No, intoxication is not a defense. The jury will receive an instruction to that effect. It can be raised as mitigation in sentencing, but in my opinion it never seems to make much difference.
So then they will probably use the mental illness defense.

<modsnip - generalizing blame> his family will protect him and spend as much money as they have trying to get him out of this. the culture at this school is unlike any other i have ever seen. i grew up close to ole miss, and some very nice, decent people go to school there. more than half of my high school class went there, (in fact, the majority did), as do their kids now, and oxford is a lovely, charming little town. <modsnip - off topic>

i hope ally gets the justice she deserves.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m so sorry to hear your brother was bullied. What is wrong with these kids?
No purpose.

I'm sure it's more complicated than that and I don't mean to be overly simplistic, but seems like a lot of crimes are committed by people who don't have a purpose, no sense of duty. They don't lack for anything except a direction to go.

jmo

I hope they have the murder weapon, phone pings etc. I can't believe they do not have the evidence necessary to arrest him IMO. I have a feeling this one is going to get ugly.... JMO

Rob Edwards‏Verified account @RobertDEdwards
JUST IN: Mugshot of Brandon Theesfeld, the Ole Miss student accused of murdering Sunset Hills native Ally Kostial.

EAL6AYkWwAAJnNL.jpg

EAL6AYkXkAEB2-4.jpg

1:10 PM - 23 Jul 2019 pst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads