MS - Alexandria "Ally" Kostial, 21, Ole Miss student, found dead, Harmontown, 20 July 2019 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am an Ole Miss alumni (05-09) and worked as a crime and courts reporter for The Daily Mississippian and Clarion Ledger from 07-10. I know all the legal players and am not surprised the Fareses were hired. They are good lawyers and very expensive. But for all the talk of who they’ve gotten off, they are very good at getting deals for their guilty clients. Daniel Cummings’ case is a prime example as he killed a cop and may be out on parole soon.

I think one thing we as curious observers need to come to terms with is that we may never get a motive. BT probably won’t tell LE his side of things (why would he). So LE will be left to speculate and the Fareses will use that speculation to argue reasonable doubt.

Ben Creekmore is a good prosecutor and will push for a high prison sentence if not the death penalty. But the way he handled Daniel Cummings makes me think he’ll be open to a deal. He did prosecute Demetria Bracey’s case to the fullest extent of the law. I sat in on her killer’s case - an extremely disturbing case - and Creekmore was no non-sense and eventually got a guilty verdict. Still Bracey’s killer worked a deal (after the guilty verdict) and Creekmore agreed to 20-years.

With the Fareses and Creekmore on opposite sides, I’d be shocked if we get a motive or a trial. BT gets 20 years, the Fareses get paid and Creekmore closes a big case.

I’ve seen it before in Oxford and it will happen again.

PS - excuse any typos etc, I wrote this on my phone.

Here's a link to newly released surveillance footage of her leaving the bar Friday night

Marcus Moore on Twitter

<modsnip>
b. who was filming? odd that someone's camera would be only following her.

eta: sorry, i see my questions/statements were also made by others in the pages after i caught the quoted post. i had not caught up when i posted this. will leave my post up for others thoughts, though. especially about the camera following her. was this cctv footage or someone's personal camera? and as far as her looking a little drunk and being pregnant, if the relationship was as terrible as it sounds, maybe she did have a few drinks out of pure devastation over her situation. i am not judging her, and hopefully nobody else here will, either. i'm sure she was scared to death IF she was pregnant and he was refusing to be involved. a lot of things can go on in the mind of a young pregnant woman who feels completely alone. maybe she had not told anyone, even her closest friends, and was struggling that night over what to do about her situation and whether she should even keep the baby. maybe she had made up her mind that she wouldn't. we just don't know. moo.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am an Ole Miss alumni (05-09) and worked as a crime and courts reporter for The Daily Mississippian and Clarion Ledger from 07-10. I know all the legal players and am not surprised the Fareses were hired. They are good lawyers and very expensive. But for all the talk of who they’ve gotten off, they are very good at getting deals for their guilty clients. Daniel Cummings’ case is a prime example as he killed a cop and may be out on parole soon.

I think one thing we as curious observers need to come to terms with is that we may never get a motive. BT probably won’t tell LE his side of things (why would he). So LE will be left to speculate and the Fareses will use that speculation to argue reasonable doubt.

Ben Creekmore is a good prosecutor and will push for a high prison sentence if not the death penalty. But the way he handled Daniel Cummings makes me think he’ll be open to a deal. He did prosecute Demetria Bracey’s case to the fullest extent of the law. I sat in on her killer’s case - an extremely disturbing case - and Creekmore was no non-sense and eventually got a guilty verdict. Still Bracey’s killer worked a deal (after the guilty verdict) and Creekmore agreed to 20-years.

With the Fareses and Creekmore on opposite sides, I’d be shocked if we get a motive or a trial. BT gets 20 years, the Fareses get paid and Creekmore closes a big case.

I’ve seen it before in Oxford and it will happen again.

PS - excuse any typos etc, I wrote this on my phone.
Thank you for the insight.

With the surveillance tape of the two of them together at the Lakeside Market in Como and the blood splatter found on his clothes, if that is indeed what it was, and the confiscated weapon in his truck, I also see a deal in his future. You can explain away a lot of things but a jury won't be able to dismiss all of this.

Let's not go all crazy here. Patriarchy has nothing to do with this IMO. You have an entitled <modsnip> dude who's used to getting his way come hell or high water. The blame lies completely with him

Right, but somewhere along the way he was taught that as a well-off, white male he is entitled to whatever he wants.

I’m not trying to pass the blame—he’s obviously a dumpster fire of a human being and I hope to God he gets the book thrown at him. But I don’t think it’s “crazy” to claim that he is a product of the culture he grew up in, just as we all are, whether we would like to admit it or not.

This case is far too similar to other cases for me to say “They’re all just entitled a-holes” and move on. IMO there’s a larger issue here that needs to be addressed.

<modsnip>
b. who was filming? odd that someone's camera would be only following her.

eta: sorry, i see my questions/statements were also made by others in the pages after i caught the quoted post. i had not caught up when i posted this. will leave my post up for others thoughts, though. especially about the camera following her. was this cctv footage or someone's personal camera? and as far as her looking a little drunk and being pregnant, if the relationship was as terrible as it sounds, maybe she did have a few drinks out of pure devastation over her situation. i am not judging her, and hopefully nobody else here will, either. i'm sure she was scared to death IF she was pregnant and he was refusing to be involved. a lot of things can go on in the mind of a young pregnant woman who feels completely alone. maybe she had not told anyone, even her closest friends, and was struggling that night over what to do about her situation and whether she should even keep the baby. maybe she had made up her mind that she wouldn't. we just don't know. moo.
Oxford has cameras all over the square, pointing in every direction. Fights break out, drunk drivers, collisions on the square. They come in handy and provide insurance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Funeral arrangements announced for Ole Miss student Ally Kostial

ST LOUIS, Mo. — Funeral arrangements have been announced for an Ole Miss student whose body was found in rural Lafayette County, Mississippi last weekend.

According to St. Louis Cremation, services for 21-year-old Ally Kostial will be held Friday, July 26, at Concordia Kirkwood Lutheran Church. A public funeral service will follow on Saturday at 10 a.m.

It’s also worth noting that BT was a part of the ROTC while at San Marcos... it’s in an article somewhere, picture too.

I went to and graduated from a Country day School and they are some of the best schools in the country with very high standards. You can get “politely asked to leave” for a number of things, but usually they are serious - drugs, cybercrime, violence, cheating on a major exam, etc.

Lastly, it’s probably tough for these reporters to get people on camera since most of the students are gone for summer. People will trickle back early August until class starts. I can only imagine how somber the town is. It’ll probably still be hard for them to get people to talk on camera with their identity. Oxford is a bubble of sorts and the friends might fear getting pulled into an investigation or legal battle. Trying to graduate on time while living there is hard enough lol!

Hear, hear! I was just thinking as I read her media feed, that she is going after these answers and details like a racehorse that has just been sprung from the starting gate.

She covered the Jessica Chambers case with the same veracity. She was with the C-L back then. I'm pretty sure this is her first TV gig.

Let's not go all crazy here. Patriarchy has nothing to do with this IMO. You have an entitled <modsnip> dude who's used to getting his way come hell or high water. The blame lies completely with him

I have to agree to a point and add that I know of females who have similar issues. Daughter had the roommate from hell as an example, but the news is full of them. I do think that we have more issues with the guys who rage about being turned down for "dates" and whatever their expectation is around that, but that is not what is at play in this case.

Re: San Marcos Academy, I Googled it and read reviews from folks who claim to have attended. It’s described in...less than glowing terms.

Most notable—and most germane to our discussion here—is the fact that many former students and parents remark on the number of students for whom SMA was a type of “safety net” school for kids who got kicked out of their previous institutions. This appears to align with the suspicions previously expressed on this thread about BT’s track record of problematic behavior.

San Marcos Academy - Google Search

Heaven forbid he attend a local public high school after getting kicked out of the fancy place.

jmo

I was watching the surveillance video and noticed Ally is wearing a tie front crop top. That doesn’t seem indicative of being 17 weeks pregnant or pregnant at all as she seemed inebriated.

I couldn't make out what she was wearing. Good eye, though. I would say that as a really athletic and fit young woman that she would not be showing any outward signs of an early pregnancy. Where did 17 weeks come in to play? Did I miss something?

I couldn't make out what she was wearing. Good eye, though. I would say that as a really athletic and fit young woman that she would not be showing any outward signs of an early pregnancy. Where did 17 weeks come in to play? Did I miss something?

Didn’t her father also say she was teaching an exercise class this summer?

That might explain her not “showing” if she was indeed in the early stages of pregnancy.

Heaven forbid he attend a local public high school after getting kicked out of the fancy place.

jmo

If daddy's money and influence were not enough to keep him from getting kicked out of the school, then it was something really big and/or his father knew beyond a doubt his son could not remain there and no dollar amount would fix it... Imo.

Didn’t her father also say she was teaching an exercise class this summer?

That might explain her not “showing” if she was indeed in the early stages of pregnancy.

Yes, he did. Although I'm not sure what type of exercise. It appeared that she had been previously active in track and lifeguarding so I am reasonably sure she was a pretty fit young lady.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyclic8