MS - Alexandria "Ally" Kostial, 21, Ole Miss student, found dead, Harmontown, 20 July 2019 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else think it’s weird that his attorneys haven’t filed a motion for bail yet? Or that we know of yet. Would new documents/details emerge after the motion is filed? Or any benefit to not requesting it right away?

BT's fb indicated he graduated from FWD school but when media contacted them for verification, graduation was not confirmed.

Instead, the official statement from the school as that he left the school for "academic reasons."

Also, there is a video news clip from major network with female classmate that described BT as not very nice and an attitude of entitlement.

I don't recall print media but there was definitely video and woman did not want to be seen on camera citing the school was small. MOO
Academic reasons sounds to me like the standard "this employee worked from this date to this date" when you don't want to give a positive reference. I suspect there is more to this story IMO (and not just academics). Considering what he is charged with now - I shudder to think what he has in his past. JMO

I am an Ole Miss alumni (05-09) and worked as a crime and courts reporter for The Daily Mississippian and Clarion Ledger from 07-10. I know all the legal players and am not surprised the Fareses were hired. They are good lawyers and very expensive. But for all the talk of who they’ve gotten off, they are very good at getting deals for their guilty clients. Daniel Cummings’ case is a prime example as he killed a cop and may be out on parole soon.

I think one thing we as curious observers need to come to terms with is that we may never get a motive. BT probably won’t tell LE his side of things (why would he). So LE will be left to speculate and the Fareses will use that speculation to argue reasonable doubt.

Ben Creekmore is a good prosecutor and will push for a high prison sentence if not the death penalty. But the way he handled Daniel Cummings makes me think he’ll be open to a deal. He did prosecute Demetria Bracey’s case to the fullest extent of the law. I sat in on her killer’s case - an extremely disturbing case - and Creekmore was no non-sense and eventually got a guilty verdict. Still Bracey’s killer worked a deal (after the guilty verdict) and Creekmore agreed to 20-years.

With the Fareses and Creekmore on opposite sides, I’d be shocked if we get a motive or a trial. BT gets 20 years, the Fareses get paid and Creekmore closes a big case.

I’ve seen it before in Oxford and it will happen again.

PS - excuse any typos etc, I wrote this on my phone.

Thank you so much for your insights. I remembered Steve Farese's name from the Winkler case, so definitely agree that they are very good. I agree that we will very likely see a plea, rather than a trial, plea for manslaughter or second-degree. The question of whether or not BT left an electronic trail of breadcrumbs luring her out, or setting up a meeting, etc., I think may have an impact on the prosecutors appetite for a deal. BUT, you never know they may try and pin this on someone else given his father's statement. I do not think that they would lightly enter into a trial without compelling reasonable doubt. At this point it's hard to imagine what that might be though.

Yes, he did. Although I'm not sure what type of exercise. It appeared that she had been previously active in track and lifeguarding so I am reasonably sure she was a pretty fit young lady.

Right, I think her Dad just said fitness classes.

She was also into golf and on the golf team. IIRC

Thank you I’ll read it when I get home from work. Are you sure it hasn’t been changed since 2017 to know longer have degrees?

There were some amendments this year but not to those provisions; they added killing of a utility worker to the list of capital offenses and a drug related killing to one of the non-capital murders ( I can't remember off the top of my head if it was 1st or 2nd). I am not licensed in Mississippi, so I am reading the statute like any other person would without any experiential knowledge but I have to say that it looks like his present charges do not qualify as a capital murder in Mississippi. That's crazy to me but like I said, not a MS lawyer. If he was charged with kidnapping or robbery or rape or some other felony, then it would qualify but it looks like the present charge uses the language from first degree murder provision verbatim.

That’s a good point. Everyone is different, you are right. Hiding a pregnancy under work clothes can be a little easier than hiding it in the hot, humid Mississippi months when running around in skimpy clothing and fitted athletic wear. I was posting that thinking she was wearing a tie up top, but an article states she was wearing a blue dress and white jacket. But who really knows, certainly not me.
You are correct about her attire... it’s so hard to tell just watching!

Here’s a longer version of the bar video. At around the 20 to 21 video time stamp her feet cross and looks like she looses her balance and bumps against the wall. Some believe she took an Uber to her apt. Which makes entire sense both my boys who went to college always took an Uber or Lyft

I wish she could have been stopped from going out again that night once she got home :(

Surveillance video shows last night Ally Kostial was seen alive

It looks like she hugged someone who is off camera before she left the bar. Who was that?
Also it appears that the reason she didn't go into Rooster's, but may have looked in and chatted with the bouncer at the door, is because she was waiting there for her Uber/Lyft.

Academic reasons sounds to me like the standard "this employee worked from this date to this date" when you don't want to give a positive reference. I suspect there is more to this story IMO (and not just academics). Considering what he is charged with now - I shudder to think what he has in his past. JMO

If it was only academics, there are plenty of private school options for rich dunces right there in DFW, no need to go to a Baptist boarding school in San Marcos.

<modsnip - Quoted post was removed>
I'm not sure he could even get into a public high school if he was kicked out. Our high school district wouldn't take him if that was the case. He would have to attend a continuation school or study from home for a probationary period.

Last edited by a moderator:
There must have been trouble at Country Day to send him to a place like San Marcos Academy. Just me - but I liked having my kids at home during their high school years. Maybe he was too much to handle so instead of a military school they sent him there. Out of sight out of mind.

With the Fareses and Creekmore on opposite sides, I’d be shocked if we get a motive or a trial. BT gets 20 years, the Fareses get paid and Creekmore closes a big case.

A pretty boy like BT in a Mississippi Prison for 20 years? Umm,BT will be living in the hell ‘of what nightmares are made of’.

It’s well known even if he survives 20 years in prison and is released then all that remains will be a brief broken life. Now please,”use your imagination then triple the wear and tear on his psyche,the bullying and torture he physically will be subjected to 7/24 for (the entire prison sentence a rough estimate of) 20 years”. Then I cannot imagine the eternity BT will endure.

MOO

Last edited:
I havent been on here for a day so just now seeing the video of her. Too me, it appears she has been drinking. A couple times she sort of wobbles as she walks. It appears she is texting or checking her phone, so it could be that, but I think she is some what intoxicated. Now, nothing wrong with that of course. But it tells me she has been out a while, and I would assume with someone. She is an attractive and popular young lady. Why is she now alone? I think she is looking for someone.

I havent been on here for a day so just now seeing the video of her. Too me, it appears she has been drinking. A couple times she sort of wobbles as she walks. It appears she is texting or checking her phone, so it could be that, but I think she is some what intoxicated. Now, nothing wrong with that of course. But it tells me she has been out a while, and I would assume with someone. She is an attractive and popular young lady. Why is she now alone? I think she is looking for someone.

Knowing what the sidewalks are like there and other historical districts that are similar and factoring in that she could be distraught, even crying is causing me to think that there is more than one possibility for her appearance on the video. JMO

I understand the rumor swirling about why she might have been shot in the torso and abdomen. But I’m having a hard time reconciling that with what her friend said a couple days ago about this guy harassing AK and making her life miserable, so badly she would cry. My impression from that was AK didn’t like the guy but he wouldn’t leave her alone. So, a pregnancy, I’m not so sure. I’ll wait till that’s confirmed before I go down that street.

PrarieWind- what do you think are the plea possibilities here? If LE does have his clothes w her blood DNA, plus weapon, plus market video near her body site? I hate when these affluent @sses walk away with a slap on the wrist. This one concerns me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HopeBloom