MS - Alexandria "Ally" Kostial, 21, Ole Miss student, found dead, Harmontown, 20 July 2019 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I often wonder this. I just watched the first episode of Euphoria on HBO last night. Basically the entire episode is young girls lowering themselves for boys that treat like dirt. I was shocked and disgusted watching it and really thought if this is what our younger generation is going through, we are in a terrible place as a species.
Well, keep in mind that a documentary of young people who are mature, healthy, kind, and have a purpose in life wouldn't pull in viewers and ratings. The worst gets highlighted.

jmo

Kendall Downing @kendall_downing
NEW: Brandon Theesfeld lived at this apt complex off Old Taylor Rd in Oxford. Neighbors say they didn’t interact with him much but would see him going to the gym. Another neighbor told me she heard loud parties
@WMCActionNews5

EAQdpA_WkAADLBG

10:24 AM · Jul 24, 2019 pst

The hurdle for defense will be the number of shots, imo. At each pull of the trigger, he had the option to stop.

jmo
Not necessarily as much as we want this jerk in prison the rest of his life 8 shots could go against accident defense but just because lots of shots defense will probably try to convince jury it wasn’t premeditated and it was out of rage going bezerk and unloading bullets from the gun and overkill.

Sadly, we’ve seen monsters get these reduced sentences that has really angered me especially these affluenza cases.

Last edited:
As a victim of emotional and verbal abuse, I can tell you that abusers don’t hook partners by being cool and treating you like dirt. I’d never encountered a “bad person” and believed everyone had a good heart. My ex was the most charming kind person i’d ever met. It’s called “love bombing” and it seemed very sincere. So attentive, thoughtful, engaged! Until 2 years later. Once we were engaged and got a place together I couldn’t do anything right. Nit picking, angry, absurd logic. It throws you for a loop. You believe the person you first met is the “real person”. But that was the fake one. It creates a real confusion. I final figured out it’s some borderline disorder and he was smart and manipulative. Freed myself. But these people are dangerous too so it’s no easy task to get free safely.
So the clue for young women to watch for might be the "love bombing." Sometimes it's the steady guys, not the showy ones, who are the gems worth keeping.

jmo

Edited to add: Sorry you went through that. Unfortunately, many of us have. Let experience be a teacher and be glad you know more now than you did before. Wisdom is a sign of beauty.

Just want to say 2 things- one, the tiny bit of info we've been told as facts on this case really prove why rumors and hearsay are not allowed here. My brother who graduated from Ole Miss last year, was in a fraternity, still has friends there, heard completely false information about where BT was found (also that text or whatever it is that people kept trying to post here had the wrong information). BT was not found at an airport as that text said, but at a gas station. So everything that has not been said by LE or MSM needs to be taken with a grain of salt. It seems like rumors and hearsay are not coming up as often today which is great!
Also this talk of girls needing to be more careful and so on and so forth, bringing up the monster that murdered Yeardley Love at UVA (he only got 23 years for 2nd degree murder by the way)- hindsight is 20-20. Let's not forget that and let's give these girls a little more credit. I highly doubt Yeardley and Ally would be in any way associated with these creatures if they knew what they were capable of. They were both, from everything I have read and heard, incredibly intelligent caring thoughtful women. These boys snapped and murdered them.
I'm reporting my own post because it may be off topic but I just wanted to get those two things out.

Wonder why there's been no PC? If there's a murder and the murderer is immediately arrested, is it unusual to hold a PC? Are we just going to have to wait until the trial to find out more info? Even then will we find out more info? Camera's allowed in court?

This isn't accurate. The Mississippi Code does have murder in degrees. Miss. Code Ann. § 97-3-19 provides that the killing of a human being: "when done with deliberate design to effect the death of the person killed, or of any human being, shall be first-degree murder; . . ." It goes on to define second degree murder and capital murder. Other code sections discuss manslaughter. I agree that it seems that his best defense is likely to be trying to establish a lessor homicide offense; as the evidence seems to be really stacking up against him as the person responsible for her death.

Do you have a link because this is what I’m reading on most Mississippi murder laws. There is no second degree.

Mississippi Murder Laws - FindLaw

New information from that updated article:

"An acquaintance of Theesfeld, who asked to remain anonymous, told Heavy that Theesfeld would carry a 9mm Glock 38 handgun in his truck. The Glock handgun holds eight rounds."

Also, he was arrested yesterday morning at 9:30 at a gas station in Memphis, driving his Ram pickup.
My husband is LE and knows about guns (I do not lol) but he said Glock 38s are not 9mm, but .45 G.A.P. Not sure it makes a difference, but he essentially said a 9mm Glock 38 doesn’t exist. Just wanted to say what he said. I know this was posted awhile ago.

I often wonder this. I just watched the first episode of Euphoria on HBO last night. Basically the entire episode is young girls lowering themselves for boys that treat like dirt. I was shocked and disgusted watching it and really thought if this is what our younger generation is going through, we are in a terrible place as a species.

I’m a guy who was in a fraternity at Ole Miss and I’ve been wondering the same thing for years.

Do you have a link because this is what I’m reading on most Mississippi murder laws. There is no second degree.

Mississippi Murder Laws - FindLaw
Well, I am a lawyer, so I looked on Westlaw at the actual Mississippi Code, which is only accessible with a paid subscription. I think maybe you are looking at an older version of the code. This is link for the 2017 code, which is what I see as the text in Westlaw. 2017 Mississippi Code :: Title 97 - Crimes :: Chapter 3 - Crimes Against the Person :: § 97-3-19. Homicide; murder defined; first-degree murder; second-degree murder; capital murder; lesser-included offenses

On of BT's friends has stated that BT carried loaded Glock with 8 rounds in his car. I will look for the quote. IMO, he used AK as his target for target practice. He dehumanized her to make murdering her more palatable. MOO.

Well, I am a lawyer, so I looked on Westlaw at the actual Mississippi Code, which is only accessible with a paid subscription. I think maybe you are looking at an older version of the code. This is link for the 2017 code, which is what I see as the text in Westlaw. 2017 Mississippi Code :: Title 97 - Crimes :: Chapter 3 - Crimes Against the Person :: § 97-3-19. Homicide; murder defined; first-degree murder; second-degree murder; capital murder; lesser-included offenses
Thank you I’ll read it when I get home from work. Are you sure it hasn’t been changed since 2017 to know longer have degrees?

Is there any information out there as to what BT purchased at the market on Saturday morning?
I was under the impression that it was fuel purchase stop, and that AK stayed in the vehicle and BT got out. My recollection was from reporter T Apel video report. I believe we may learn more if reporter is successful in getting surveillance video she requested from the storekeep.

MOO

Not necessarily
Not necessarily as much as we want this jerk in prison the rest of his life 8 shots could go against accident defense but just because lots of shots defense will probably try to convince jury it wasn’t premeditated and it was out of rage going bezerk and unloading bullets from the gun and overkill.

Sadly, we’ve seen monsters get these reduced sentences that has really angered me especially these affluenza cases.
Yes horrible. Reminds me of Oscar Pistorius

So the clue for young women to watch for might be the "love bombing." Sometimes it's the steady guys, not the showy ones, who are the gems worth keeping.

jmo

Edited to add: Sorry you went through that. Unfortunately, many of us have. Let experience be a teacher and be glad you know more now than you did before. Wisdom is a sign of beauty.
I’m glad I now know. But what young girl knows about this? Until you meet one. And the love bombing wasn’t flashy. Wanting to know “all about you” not gifts. I thought I finally had met someone interested in real conversations. Nope!

Reminds me of Oscar Pitorious

Yes horrible. Reminds me of Oscar Pistorius

His Twitter is still up and a LaFayette Co jury will not be sympathetic. His Twitter will not play well in court due to his tweeting after committing the crime. The tweets before the crime depicted an entitled little punk. He’ll get no sympathy from a LaFayette County jury. Defense will try to plea bargain to life in prison. Hopefully prosecution will throw without parole on there.

Just want to say 2 things- one, the tiny bit of info we've been told as facts on this case really prove why rumors and hearsay are not allowed here. My brother who graduated from Ole Miss last year, was in a fraternity, still has friends there, heard completely false information about where BT was found (also that text or whatever it is that people kept trying to post here had the wrong information). BT was not found at an airport as that text said, but at a gas station. So everything that has not been said by LE or MSM needs to be taken with a grain of salt. It seems like rumors and hearsay are not coming up as often today which is great!
Also this talk of girls needing to be more careful and so on and so forth, bringing up the monster that murdered Yeardley Love at UVA (he only got 23 years for 2nd degree murder by the way)- hindsight is 20-20. Let's not forget that and let's give these girls a little more credit. I highly doubt Yeardley and Ally would be in any way associated with these creatures if they knew what they were capable of. They were both, from everything I have read and heard, incredibly intelligent caring thoughtful women. These boys snapped and murdered them.
I'm reporting my own post because it may be off topic but I just wanted to get those two things out.

Wonder why there's been no PC? If there's a murder and the murderer is immediately arrested, is it unusual to hold a PC? Are we just going to have to wait until the trial to find out more info? Even then will we find out more info? Camera's allowed in court?
Agree . These types, and I’m sure both were narcissistic personality disordered people, are highly intelligent, manipulative, and skilled at fooling people. Breaking up safely is a difficult task as you must at all costs avoid offending them in any fashion. I think identifying abusers should be part of the high school curriculum.

His Twitter is still up and a LaFayette Co jury will not be sympathetic. His Twitter will not play well in court due to his tweeting after committing the crime. The tweets before the crime depicted an entitled little punk. He’ll get no sympathy from a LaFayette County jury. Defense will try to plea bargain to life in prison. Hopefully prosecution will throw without parole on there.
Surely they’ll move the trial- no way anyone in that town hasn’t heard of it by now. Thoughts? What’s the requirement for getting a fair trial? (Granted, I’m sure most of MS is following this...)

The story going around Mississippi is she was severely beaten. Sounds like they argued about something. He beat her, got carried away, and instead of getting help, he made sure he finished her off.

I noted that on the perp walk video, he did not seem to have a scratch on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member