GUILTY MS - Amanda Price, 31, murdered at her New Albany home, 5 Dec 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There was a 48 Hours on ID channel the other night about a funeral director, Michael Roseboro, who beat and strangled his wife and put her in the pool, saying she was killed by a random attacker. What struck me about the case, besides the brutality, was the number of people on the show who came forward to say he was from such a good family, so prominent in the community, they had such a "loving" marriage, etc...one person made the remark that he never "belittled her in public" which I guess was supposed to be in his favor. (?) Anyway, he was convicted, he was obsessed with another woman and did not care for the divorce route...

Again, I am not saying that this case in New Albany is anything but a tragedy at this point, but there are so many case of the "perfect" marriages ending in the murder of one (usually the wife.) Look at how perfect Scott and Lacey looked to the outside world. JMO

I watched that. Chilling.

According to the link Colette posted, mycroft's question of the relationship between Mayor Tim Kent and his family and the Prices is now answered. It's also noted that the New Albany mayor is a former New Albany Police Department Investigator. Hmmm, Coach might've had him on speed dial, afterall.

Colette, all these additional details that've been added since the very first reports sound fishy to me, like someone's making things up as they go along. Now he's reported as "diving" through the door, and "lunging" at the intruder who was "standing" in the doorway. Maybe this has always been Ron's "story", but these little details seem to keep changing with each telling. Maybe it's just the police chief contradicting/bungling previously reported "facts", (I think the police chief just mispoke when he said "he", meaning the husband, took the dog out) but it's very frustrating trying to keep it all straight. Just imagine how that investigation's going, when no one can get it right. Media savvy, the police chief is not. Maybe he needs to start using a teleprompter.

The husband dived through a sliding glass door? Or was it open?

Diving through a sliding glass door is a good way to get yourself killed. There's thick glass there which can produce deep, devastating lacerations.

I'm going to have to go back and read the first reports, because I recall something about him falling through the door and getting cut.

Perhaps someone more on top of the case can help me out here.

The husband dived through a sliding glass door? Or was it open?

Diving through a sliding glass door is a good way to get yourself killed. There's thick glass there which can produce deep, devastating lacerations.

I'm going to have to go back and read the first reports, because I recall something about him falling through the door and getting cut.

Perhaps someone more on top of the case can help me out here.

And is that even remotely possible? I'm sure coach is a pretty strong fellow but come on!! Those things are VERY hard to break even with something. And their house is new-ish, so I'm sure their glass door is state of the art.

Here's the initial "fell through a glass door" post:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7417873&postcount=13"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - MS- New Albany coach shot, wife killed[/ame]

According to the link Colette posted, mycroft's question of the relationship between Mayor Tim Kent and his family and the Prices is now answered. It's also noted that the New Albany mayor is a former New Albany Police Department Investigator. Hmmm, Coach might've had him on speed dial, afterall.

Colette, all these additional details that've been added since the very first reports sound fishy to me, like someone's making things up as they go along. Now he's reported as "diving" through the door, and "lunging" at the intruder who was "standing" in the doorway. Maybe this has always been Ron's "story", but these little details seem to keep changing with each telling. Maybe it's just the police chief contradicting/bungling previously reported "facts", (I think the police chief just mispoke when he said "he", meaning the husband, took the dog out) but it's very frustrating trying to keep it all straight. Just imagine how that investigation's going, when no one can get it right. Media savvy, the police chief is not. Maybe he needs to start using a teleprompter.

So dramatic, "diving" thru the door. Wouldn't it be a helluva lot easier to open it? Impossible to bust through it the first time, if at all.

I could be mistaken, Joe, but I thought the very first reports said (or at least implied) that Ron *fell* through the glass door (and got "cut up") as a result of getting shot. At least that's what I took from the initial reports. Perhaps the meaning was misconstrued through poor communication (it was during a Mercury Retrograde phase, afterall), or perhaps . . . someone is changing their story.

Well that makes some sense, falling thru after being shot. Still don't know how it would be possible, even dead weight but I'll keep an open mind about it.

Seems like some confusion with the reporting may be going on here. Maybe.

When I was a kid, a neighbor boy ran through a sliding glass door believing it was open. He was cut up from head to toe and was hospitalized for a while. It took him ages to recover - and that was without a bullet wound on top of it!

IDK. Perhaps these fellows will get the story straight here in the next day or two.

Pretty much what I thought, no news = no news. Thanks for the link Brenda! I'm glad that MBI is involved, maybe they won't be as impressed with the perfect coach & will be able to be objective.

And I know I just made that snarky comment about the coach so I am taking this time to remind myself that I should keep an open mind and at this point, he is a victim too. Just getting harder to remember that.

From BrendaStarr's link above:
The shooting of New Albany High School football coach Ron Price and the killing of his wife Amanda has really put a damper on this holiday season.
Yes. As such things will.

(The real question now is, given the mythologizing, how long it will be till there's a run for public office.)

Perhaps he'll make a bid for Mayor when his best friend's current term ends.

In other news, New Albany Mayor dubs best friend Coach Ron Price Knight O' the Realm, despite the fact that he's indirectly* responsible for town's lackluster holiday shopping season. /snark

*or not

http://www.wreg.com/news/wreg-newalbanyfolo-121411,0,6522450.story

Well, did he run through a plate glass window or fall through a glass door?

And now, Coach "almost had him"?

He's being mythologized. *facepalm*

The reporting here by the media is amateurish. You don't "run" through a window, you "fall" through it. You run through a door, and if he ran through a plate glass door, he's lucky not to be seriously injured or dead. That's thick and sharp glass that can cut deep into the body.

"Coach teleported through the glass wall and tackled the ninja, but the ninja rendered himself invisible. Coach was able to grab the ninja's throwing star before the ninja disappeared. That's how Coach's face got cut up. He's cut up real bad on account of the ninja." (<--- Leading tomorrow's newscast. Ninja sightings increase.)

just a silly question but i'm going for it...what happened to tempered glass door regulations?

The husband waited to get his wounds treated until the next day... maybe he was busy moving a gun to another location after LE left. I wonder if they fought at the door and she slammed it in his face as she was trying to get away. I will be very surprised if the killer is not the husband or someone he hired.

"Coach teleported through the glass wall and tackled the ninja, but the ninja rendered himself invisible. Coach was able to grab the ninja's throwing star before the ninja disappeared. That's how Coach's face got cut up. He's cut up real bad on account of the ninja." (<--- Leading tomorrow's newscast. Ninja sightings increase.)

:clap: Bravo!! And he can't be even a regular Ninja, he's Coach Ninja. His only rival at this point is Chuck Norris.

just a silly question but i'm going for it...what happened to tempered glass door regulations?

Exactly. Their house would have those type doors, it's a very nice house and seems new. That's why I was having a hard time believing it in previous posts. But then again, I've never been through a glass door so what do I know.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coach K
Back