Found Deceased MS - Brittany Crenshaw, 19, McLaurin, 16 Aug 2012 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I thought I read a trust was being set up, for when she is 18...how would that help her out now, or her father?
A trust can be used to raise a child. When she hits 18, anything left would go to the child. The trustee has to prepare an annual accounting of the funds and submit to the court to ensure the money is being appropriately spent.

I am wondering who was financially supporting the baby when Brittany was alive; I believe she was a stay-at-home? Was her "boyfriend/accused killer" paying the bills for the child?

I can see how the father needs help getting started, but wasn't he paying money each month anyway? I guess I am not seeing the loss of income if Brittany was not working. Anyway, not begrudging the child anything...just wonder why expenses of a child would be such a burden, when she is his child.

JMO

I am still very confused. I understand Brooklyn is with her father, Jimmy. I may be misunderstandng some things.... Brittany obviously had parents/step-parents. I THOUGHT I read that Brittany's dad was paying for funeral. Then I thought I read somebody had supervised visits only??? Who is Gina?? Mom or step-mom? Then I read that Brittany's mom was paying for funeral. Who is the money going to that is being raised with the fb page?
If the people on the bring Brittany home fb page are keeping one dime of money for themselves, they should go to jail. Straight to JAIL!!!!!!!

I am still very confused. I understand Brooklyn is with her father, Jimmy. I may be misunderstandng some things.... Brittany obviously had parents/step-parents. I THOUGHT I read that Brittany's dad was paying for funeral. Then I thought I read somebody had supervised visits only??? Who is Gina?? Mom or step-mom? Then I read that Brittany's mom was paying for funeral. Who is the money going to that is being raised with the fb page?
If the people on the bring Brittany home fb page are keeping one dime of money for themselves, they should go to jail. Straight to JAIL!!!!!!!

Those are very good questions. Who in the heck knows what money is going to what?????? All I know, everybody from every side wants money for funeral expenses.

Gina is brittanys mom, but I take it Brittany didn't hang around them much due to the stepfather. (the man Gina was married to) for whatever reason.

It seems Brittany was closer to her dads side of the family, which included her stepmother, who she lived with until she took off with Ben.

Brittanys baby, Brooklyn, is now with her young father, Jimmy. Which is natural after a mother passes away. Jimmy is close or knows brittanys dad side of the family, which is why they are helping him paint a bedroom for the baby, brooklyn.

I'm not exactly sure who the facebook page people are. Maybe friends of the mother of Brittany??????? Don't know.

All I know....both sides want money and neither sides have a very good account worked out. There seems to be questions asked about the whole money situation. If you ask questions, you are deleted from the facebook page.

IMO from what I am getting.

The entire financial thing just seems very sketchy. If you cannot answer a question and delete said questions then why should anyone send them money? Wasn't Brittany suing Jimmy for child support? As a divorced mom that doesn't sit well with me. I feel like people are seeing $ signs and it doesn't feel kosher to me.

First please excuse my lack of skill with posting. I only have an iPad and not very used to it. I am very proud of how jimmy has stepped up to take care of his baby . I am also very amazed and impressed with this website for it was the only way I had to fine out the details and keep up with a case that is very close to my heart. I met Brittany and Brooklin when they came to my house with jimmy shortly after they had moved here to make a fresh start and help Jimmy's grandpa (who is my husbands father ) and is not in good health. They were a sweet family and I enjoyed their visits. Unfortunately they did not stay together long but I know that jimmy loved them both very much and I believe he may have had hopes of them getting back together someday but being young and living in a day to day way of thinking like so many young people do these days, time just kept passing by and both being headstrong also did not help. I know he will have to grow up a lot faster now but we are not in charge and everything happens for a reason although sometimes it take a long time to find out what that may be. I want more than anything to try to help find out how and why that sob did what he did so I can quit dreaming about it and find some closure. I don't know if I have any info to add but maybe because I can talk to jimmy every day, I might can find out about something's through him that would help put that creep under the jail. He did meet him when he went to visit Brooklin .

DO NOT POST DONATION INFORMATION IN THE THREADS, PLEASE.

All donation requests must be approved by the WS's owners - Tricia or SoSueMe.

You may post links to news articles that include donation info - but you may not post donation requests.

Thanks,

Salem

I am wondering who was financially supporting the baby when Brittany was alive; I believe she was a stay-at-home? Was her "boyfriend/accused killer" paying the bills for the child?

I can see how the father needs help getting started, but wasn't he paying money each month anyway? I guess I am not seeing the loss of income if Brittany was not working. Anyway, not begrudging the child anything...just wonder why expenses of a child would be such a burden, when she is his child.

I haven't figured out the quoting thing on here...may be this ridiculous laptop I'm on...But to answer your question:

Brittany had only known Benjamin Davis for two months, but he was supporting them at the time of her murder. And Jimmy and Brittany were working out the child support agreement. Jimmy has no problem supporting Brooklyn, he just doesn't have anything you need when you are suddenly raising a two yr old little girl. Items like crib sheets, car seat, and basics. Brittany had moved Brooklyn to Texas and then with Ben, so other than some visits, Jimmy wasn't seeing Brooklyn a lot. None of her stuff went with her when the judge gave Jimmy custody. I bet it would be comforting for her to have some of her old stuffed animals and blankets...just for familiarity, like her mom's smell. But Jimmy is doing a great job getting it all together.

Thats whats great about this website. You can ask questions WITHOUT being deleted and blocked like on the facebook page. I do not see anything bad being said on here. Maybe I am missing the bad post. Everyone that is considering donating has the right to know exactly where there money is going. I am by no means bashing this family in mourning. I just work hard for my money.

I agree 100 percent

I haven't figured out the quoting thing on here...may be this ridiculous laptop I'm on...But to answer your question:

Brittany had only known Benjamin Davis for two months, but he was supporting them at the time of her murder. And Jimmy and Brittany were working out the child support agreement. Jimmy has no problem supporting Brooklyn, he just doesn't have anything you need when you are suddenly raising a two yr old little girl. Items like crib sheets, car seat, and basics. Brittany had moved Brooklyn to Texas and then with Ben, so other than some visits, Jimmy wasn't seeing Brooklyn a lot. None of her stuff went with her when the judge gave Jimmy custody. I bet it would be comforting for her to have some of her old stuffed animals and blankets...just for familiarity, like her mom's smell. But Jimmy is doing a great job getting it all together.

Thank you so much for keeping us posted on the little baby Brooklyn. When is the memorial going to be?

Brittany's body has not been released from the coroner for a funeral, as far as I know. I believe there will be a couple of memorials in 2 different locations. The one in Texas will probably be some time in October, when family is gathering for Brooklyn's birthday. Her family that is running the facebook page has more information regarding a funeral in Louisiana. You may be able to post a question there...they blocked me.

Yea So hope he gets the death penalty. He is a bottom feeder. Any man that puts their hands on a woman is a wuss. Y not fight a man your own size. Its so sad......Wonder if there is anymore updates... Prob never know what made him do it. He will go to jail and be "innocent" like 98 percent of the other prisoners. This case really gets to me. Thanks Katykate for keeping us posted......

There are no new updates bc of the hurricane....so I suspect that slowed court cases down.

Those are very good questions. Who in the heck knows what money is going to what?????? All I know, everybody from every side wants money for funeral expenses.

Gina is brittanys mom, but I take it Brittany didn't hang around them much due to the stepfather. (the man Gina was married to) for whatever reason.

It seems Brittany was closer to her dads side of the family, which included her stepmother, who she lived with until she took off with Ben.

Brittanys baby, Brooklyn, is now with her young father, Jimmy. Which is natural after a mother passes away. Jimmy is close or knows brittanys dad side of the family, which is why they are helping him paint a bedroom for the baby, brooklyn.

I'm not exactly sure who the facebook page people are. Maybe friends of the mother of Brittany??????? Don't know.

All I know....both sides want money and neither sides have a very good account worked out. There seems to be questions asked about the whole money situation. If you ask questions, you are deleted from the facebook page.

IMO from what I am getting.

The Facebook page is being run by a friend of Kaci Crenshaw's (Brittany's sister on her dad's side for those who are having trouble keeping up). From what I can tell, Brittany's mom Gina and that side of the family have zero to do with it. I know her sister Olivia (mom's side) is attempting to do some sort of fundraiser strictly for Brooklyn (she had mentioned selling paintings?). Gina has set up an account for Brooklyn at a bank in West Monroe. Other than that, I have seen no fundraising activity going on from Gina's family. They are strictly set on making sure Brooklyn is being taken care of and that she is able to remain a part of their lives.

Is it legal for just anyone to ask for donations? This totally seems like a scam to me. Sick people JMO

def confusing i tell you. im just glad i came to this website before our family sent money. we even made an announcement in church about donating. now i dont know what to tell my church. guess it would def be better to wait until we see a fund set up under Brooklyns name.

If you can walk up to someone in a parking lot and ask for money without getting a ticket, then I suppose it is legal. I don't think Gina's family is doing that. I think that people are asking where to send money to help and they are trying to do what they can to make sure it goes to Brooklyn.

I do think any fundraising attempts can be evaluated by the IRS to make sure they get their share, so hopefully the bank will help them take care of that legally.

IMO the only person that should be soliciting donations for the child should be the person who has custody of her. Donations for a funeral should be made directly to a funeral home.

It just all seems kinda fishy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mimimaria
Back