Found Deceased MS - Brittany Crenshaw, 19, McLaurin, 16 Aug 2012 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
As for trying to collect the money, I don't know that anyone has said Gina is trying to make money, just Kaci. I am anonymous enough to the family that they don't know me to remove and block me from the facebook page. I did ask where to send money to Brooklyn's daddy, and no answer was given. I suspect the post has been removed. His name is Jimmy May. His facebook page is pretty much private, but I was able to leave him a message offering assistance. They say he is not asking for anything, but if anything is collected, I sure believe he deserves to get it for that little girl. There are a couple of cute photos of them together and I saw one comment where he said he was just so glad that Brooklyn does know he's her daddy. I don't think Brittany and Jimmy got along so well, unfortunately...they were pretty young.

As for why Gina has supervised custody, it has everything to do with step dad. I don't know the details, so I won't elaborate, but you can imagine the allegations Brittany had made. From what I understand, Kaci is the only one trying to profit and being under-handed about collecting donations.

why are they not setting up a fund for Brooklyn? thats what i dont understand. If im correct i think that a bank will set up an account for her. Dont know if someone can get to the money or is it for her when she turns of age? i feel so bad for whats going on but something just keeps making me kinda upset with the continuing asking for money. Dont get me wrong I would 100 percent agree with a fund for Brooklyn. Do other people feel the same way? Or am I just to cautious? There is lots of people that are voicing their concerns on the facebook post but as soon as they post they are deleted.

Just so many scams nowadays. something else I read on a post before it was deleted was that Brittanys real dad didnt even claim her... Is that true?

I never heard that Brooklyn's dad didn't claim her. I did hear that he wasn't very involved, but that may have been because she was living in Texas and he was living in Louisiana. Based on older pic and posts on facebook, he definitely "claimed" her. His timeline says the date that Brooklyn Renee May was born. I'm not sure about child support and such...but she was so young and courts tend to give mothers custody with no overnights until a child is 3 yrs old, at least that's what they do in Texas. It would be hard for him to be involved when they lived so far away. I have to hope that he will step up, and that's what I am going to expect.

How can we send money to Brooklyn's daddy to help him with expenses? Taking on a 2 yr old full-time will be a big change in his life?
Like ·

Help Bring Brittany Crenshaw Home: They are not accepting money for Brooklyn's dad just donations of clothes,shoes, toys etc. but in the near future will accept donations for a trust fund for Brooklyn.
5 hours ago · Edited · Like
Write a comment...

So this is what my question got on the facebook page. Apparently whoever is collecting doesn't want to give up the control of the money to Brooklyn's dad. I guess we'll see how that works out. I would think Jimmy could sure use some money now.

Im sorry i meant to say I had read that Brittany's not Brooklyns dad didnt even claim her. You know you read so much you really do not know what to believe. I know what you mean about how the Dads have few rights to the babies. I am a grandma to a 7 month old little boy. My son isnt allowed to even keep him overnight. Its hard for the dads if they arent married. So happy that Brooklyns Dad stepped up...

I wonder when we are going to get more updates on how Brittany died and everything that led up to that moment?

Does anybody know when Ben goes back to court?

All those wanting to get stuff to BROOKLYN - a FB message or friend request to Stacy Yeldell! She and Jimmy are setting up
The trust fund for this precious little girl!! All details are going to be posted there!

How can we send money to Brooklyn's daddy to help him with expenses? Taking on a 2 yr old full-time will be a big change in his life?
Like ·

Help Bring Brittany Crenshaw Home: They are not accepting money for Brooklyn's dad just donations of clothes,shoes, toys etc. but in the near future will accept donations for a trust fund for Brooklyn.
5 hours ago · Edited · Like
Write a comment...

So this is what my question got on the facebook page. Apparently whoever is collecting doesn't want to give up the control of the money to Brooklyn's dad. I guess we'll see how that works out. I would think Jimmy could sure use some money now.
If the fund for Brooklyn is set up properly in trust, then the father, as her legal guardian until 18, will have control of the fund.

Brooklyn is with her father and that's where the money and donations need to go! It's my understanding that they brought this baby to him with the clothes on her back! No diapers, no change of clothes, nothing familiar like a toy, nothing! Exactly what I feel will happen with everything given to this FB page!! I haven't been deleted from it yet, but I am encouraging everyone to NOT send that group a dime!

I thought I read a trust was being set up, for when she is 18...how would that help her out now, or her father?

If the fund for Brooklyn is set up properly in trust, then the father, as her legal guardian until 18, will have control of the fund.

That depends. It can be set up for 2 or more people.... to designate any monies going anywhere. It can include an outside third person as well.

The fund/trust may be mentioned in the obit and funeral arrangements when it's published. IMO

Brooklyn's dad is working on setting up a trust right now. Stacy Yeldell and Jimmy May are the way to go through facebook. I still haven't been kicked off the Bring Home Brittany page, but I won't be sending anything to them there. As soon as the info is available, I will do my best to get it here. I haven't spoken to my personal connection in a couple of days, so if I get more info soon, I will share for sure!

Update on Brooklyn. Daddy is doing a great job and he really wants the best for her. Yesterday he painted her room with Brittany's step mom and step grandma, the family Brittany and Brooklyn had been living with before moving with Ben. I should have an address soon where donations or maybe Walmart giftcards can be sent to Jimmy. He needs crib sheets, car seat, diapers, etc, so Walmart is a great solution for that. And, Brooklyn's birthday is in October and a birthday party is being planned for her as well:)

Update on Brooklyn. Daddy is doing a great job and he really wants the best for her. Yesterday he painted her room with Brittany's step mom and step grandma, the family Brittany and Brooklyn had been living with before moving with Ben. I should have an address soon where donations or maybe Walmart giftcards can be sent to Jimmy. He needs crib sheets, car seat, diapers, etc, so Walmart is a great solution for that. And, Brooklyn's birthday is in October and a birthday party is being planned for her as well:)

Thank you so much for the update!!! God bless them and please let them know prayers are being sent from Alabama. I pray only the best for little Brooklyn!!

Katykate, could you tell me if Brooklyn 's dad works? Such a sad story. Her poor Mom who seemed so desperate to make a family. I get ill thinking about it.

It is sad that she and the child's father could not have tried to make a family, if that is what she wanted, instead of choosing some other guy she couldn't have known very well either. Did they even try, does anyone know? Or was it a one-night kind of thing, that resulted in a pregnancy?

Sorry, guys. I don't know him personally. He does have a job. He and Brittany lived together for a year after Brooklyn was born. What I saw on his facebook page was that he loves to fish. Nothing wrong with that:) I know he's going to try his best. We can just hope he'll do a good job. He's going to have help from Brittany's stepmom's family to be as successful as possible. Looks like he has a good friend in Stacy Yelnell. I'll get to meet him in October and see that sweet baby girl again! Waiting for an address for donations. Cell service where he lives is not exactly outstanding.

I just checked Jimmy's fb page. Some new pics of Brooklyn. She looks great! Jimmy is getting lots of support from friends and this is what he wrote:

"An thank you i'm raise her just like britt wanted she gonna be a wonderful little ladie"

That sure made me smile:)

I'm glad Brooklyn is doing good. She is such a beautiful girl. Sounds like her young dad is going to have to grow up fast. I have faith he can do it, and maybe be a better person b/c of it. Good things have to come out of tragedy, right?

I could tell by reading Brittany's page that her and her stepmother were close. I'm glad she is helping the dad get adjusted to being a full time parent. My wish is the whole family could come together to help him and Brooklyn. Let old issues go...and move forward together.

In the words of Judge Judy......you're suppose to love your child more than you hate each other.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back