MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at Google Earth, there is one of those do-it-yourself car washes (Speedy Car Wash) right across the railroad tracks from the CVFD, about a mile from the M&M First Stop. So probably not a reason for Jessica to travel all the way up to Batesville, unless she had other things to do there. There are a couple of car washes in Batesville, both of them located close to the Interstate.

When you are at a car wash, you are inside a stall. So unless someone was looking for you, they might not see you when driving by it.
uploadfromtaptalk1435874973045.jpg

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=zZD4sPiErdd8.kZlkjIsipZPU
I don't believe she went to wash her car in 40° weather- maybe she did. That car wash doesn't look like it is working. There is grass growing in the bays.
Moo

I don't believe she went to wash her car in 40° weather- maybe she did. That car wash doesn't look like it is working. There is grass growing in the bays.
Moo

Respectfully removed the photo to save space.

I don't understand why JC had to go to a car wash. Her mom never said she went to wash her car. She went to clean out her car and to grab a bite to eat. Due to the LEOs TL, she was near the Sonic where she went frequently. Perhaps it is here that she was seen on private CCTV. Jess could gather trash from her vehicle and utilize the trash receptacle at the Sonic. And she's done with the reason that she told her mom she would be doing; therefore, she returns to Courtland by 6:30.

My responses are in red.

Combining wf and Champion's hypotheses, I believe:

--There was a party --Agree
--The party was west of Herron Road --Disagree. It was North of Herron Rd.
--The party was at "Derrick's" --Disagree; I think party was at DBs
--She drove to the party --Agree, although she didn't know the party was just for her
--Alcohol and/or illegal substances perhaps were consumed at the party --Agree. Although I'm not certain Jess used drugs, I pray she was slipped something to make her pain lessen. It would make the perps job easier.
--She was attacked and hit on the head at the party and knocked unconscious --Agree. This was no accident. She collapsed. They thought she was dead.
--The perp(s) carried her to her car and took her keys and phone --Agree. They needed the keys to start her car. Her phone is the "elephant in the room." Since LEO won't confirm LDs 2 calls (the unanswered one and the 20m call), then, we don't know where her phone was or who was using it.
--Gasoline was poured on her and inside her car purposefully --Agree
--Someone drove her to the Herron Road location --Agree
--The perp(s) left her in the car and threw down her phone --Agree
--Because she was knocked out cold, it took her a while to wake up --Neither agree nor disagree
--After 30+ minutes she woke up --Disagree. Not if she was tied to the tree or left in passenger's seat.
--It is really dark in that area and she could not find her keys --Disagree. She did not look for her keys.
--She decided to use her lighter to look for the keys and tragedy strikes --Disagree. With the strong smell of gasoline, she did not light anything.
--Champion needs a reliable eyewitness of the attack to testify under oath for a first-degree murder conviction (his "void") --Agree about an eyewitness but they won't confess until arrested. If there were 3 perps, one will turn on the others, jmo
--Any defense attorney will argue felony assault with no intention to commit murder --Disagree. the accelerant makes it premeditated murder; qualified for the Death Penalty.

JMO.

JMHO

View attachment 77493

Moo

Appreciate the map, gngr~snap, very helpful. But I do take issue with your remarks.

(1) Temperatures in Courtland, MS on 12/6/2015 ranged between 45°F and 66°F. Not balmy, but not that cold either. At the time Jessica departed her home (5:00 pm, 17:00) it was 50°F, hence the light jacket in the CCTV:
http://www.friendlyforecast.com/usa...on=MS&id=174475&date=20141206000000&sort=hour

(2) You must've never known anyone, or lived anywhere, with a dirt or gravel driveway, yes? Check your car wash photo again. Grass doesn't grow where the wheels go.

Appreciate the map, gngr~snap, very helpful. But I do take issue with your remarks.

(1) Temperatures in Courtland, MS on 12/6/2015 ranged between 45°F and 66°F. Not balmy, but not that cold either. At the time Jessica departed her home (5:00 pm, 17:00) it was 50°F, hence the light jacket in the CCTV (not zipped up):
http://www.friendlyforecast.com/printer_friendly/pf.php

(2) You must've never known anyone, or lived anywhere, with a dirt or gravel driveway, yes? Check your car wash photo again. Grass doesn't grow where the wheels go.
uploadfromtaptalk1435947040527.jpg
I was going by this for temperature.
http://www.wunderground.com/history...rtland&req_state=MS&req_statename=Mississippi
I've been around gravel driveways all my life and yes, grass grows in the middle.
I have never seen grass growing in a car wash bay that is being used on a weekly basis. That's why I thought perhaps it was not functional. At least at the time the photo was taken. (Which, I admit, I don't know what time of year it was)
Moo

--There was a party
--The party was west of Herron Road
--The party was at "Derrick's"
--She drove to the party
--Alcohol and/or illegal substances perhaps were consumed at the party
--She was attacked and hit on the head at the party and knocked unconscious
--The perp(s) carried her to her car and took her keys and phone
--Gasoline was poured on her and inside her car purposefully
--Someone drove her to the Herron Road location
--The perp(s) left her in the car and threw down her phone
--Because she was knocked out cold, it took her a while to wake up
--After 30+ minutes she woke up
--It is really dark in that area and she could not find her keys
--She decided to use her lighter to look for the keys and tragedy strikes
--Champion needs a reliable eyewitness of the attack to testify under oath for a first-degree murder conviction (his "void")
--Any defense attorney will argue felony assault with no intention to commit murder

JMO.

From what I've read concerning her timeline she stopped by a house and was there only 7 minutes ..... not enough time for the above.

--There was a party
--The party was west of Herron Road
--The party was at "Derrick's"
--She drove to the party
--Alcohol and/or illegal substances perhaps were consumed at the party
--She was attacked and hit on the head at the party and knocked unconscious
--The perp(s) carried her to her car and took her keys and phone
--Gasoline was poured on her and inside her car purposefully
--Someone drove her to the Herron Road location
--The perp(s) left her in the car and threw down her phone
--Because she was knocked out cold, it took her a while to wake up
--After 30+ minutes she woke up
--It is really dark in that area and she could not find her keys
--She decided to use her lighter to look for the keys and tragedy strikes
--Champion needs a reliable eyewitness of the attack to testify under oath for a first-degree murder conviction (his "void")
--Any defense attorney will argue felony assault with no intention to commit murder

JMO.

Seriously? So the purpose was NOT to burn her to a crisp ? But hope that she would use her lighter and set herself on fire.? I know that you were taking wf and Champion's scenario, but you said "I believe". Help me out here. All along I have thought that you were on the right track. What if she didn't have a lighter? Gasoline alone will not wipe out a tattoo. JMO

Did Jessica have a tattoo?

There is a stall on Eric Cates case....Two things in common with Jessica's case..burned and no suspects...make that three....the name Eric....

Classito

Casablanca South:

Latter-day Capt. Renault: "Round up the usual suspects. Everybody named Eric. Or Derek."

Happy Fourth of July everyone!

Did Jessica have a tattoo?

There is a stall on Eric Cates case....Two things in common with Jessica's case..burned and no suspects...make that three....the name Eric....

Classito

It has not been proven that she had a tattoo, but there was a lot of speculation early on about WHY she was deliberately torched. The speculation was that a tattoo may have revealed WHO the perp was, who wanted her not just dead, but evidence burned off of her. There were certainly less complicated ways to kill her. JMO

:happy4th: :fireworks2:

Today is my anniversary ~10 years with Websleuths :fireworks: I enjoy reading everyones posts and composing my opinions. Some stories just hook me from the get go~& I feel compelled to know the persons background. Then! I love to go to work & crochet the clues and use my critical thinking skills to solve the mystery. Thanks to Trish and the mods for the Websleuths Forum.

Thanks cady...I do not believe she was burned to remove a tattoo either...was just curious if she had one...

Classito

Seriously? So the purpose was NOT to burn her to a crisp ? But hope that she would use her lighter and set herself on fire.? I know that you were taking wf and Champion's scenario, but you said "I believe". Help me out here. All along I have thought that you were on the right track. What if she didn't have a lighter? Gasoline alone will not wipe out a tattoo. JMO

I was simply combining wf's hypothesis (the suicide hypothesis) with Champion's insistence that the crime was a murder. I said "I believe" because of My Own Darn Self and the past. I apologize.

I truly believe Jessica was tragically murdered.

When I said "west" of Herron, I should have said northwest (e.g., Hughes) or north (e.g., a residence by the jail in Batesville). My apologies.

The "party" was simply a get-together (have a few drinks, etc.) and I believe it was a common occurence on a Saturday night, requiring no advance notice of a series of text messages or phone calls.

A couple of perps could knock someone out, drive their car a few miles, and finish the crime in 60 to 90 minutes.

I am curious if she had a tattoo.

I am also curious about open relationships and jealousy.

Thanks cady...I do not believe she was burned to remove a tattoo either...was just curious if she had one...

Classito

I still think that there is a good possibility that she DID have a tat. Otherwise, they could have accomplished the mission of killing her without jumping through all the hoops!

My theory....The first scene was elsewhere...He/she/they did not mean to kill her just scare her..."it went too far"...Once it went too far and beyond what he/she/they could do to save her....they moved her and car to crime scene...set car on fire to destroy evidence..

If my understanding is correct...The LE has evidence...just do not know who it belongs to...If this evidence is DNA that would mean that none of those questioned have matched the evidence..ditto if it was fingerprints...And while they say the person(s) has murdered before...he/she/they do not have a DNA sample or fingerprints in the database...Just some thoughts of mine...

Classito

My theory....The first scene was elsewhere...He/she/they did not mean to kill her just scare her..."it went too far"...

I'll say "they went way too far" alright by pouring gasoline down her throat ..... that's an understatement .... I believe ChaCha ( or whatever her name is) knows much more about this heinous murder.

I'll say "they went way too far" alright by pouring gasoline down her throat ..... that's an understatement .... I believe ChaCha ( or whatever her name is) knows much more about this heinous murder.
Do you have an MSM link with a statement from LE backing the allegation that "they" poured "gasoline down her throat"?

I understand that, in a case with seemingly inept, certainly unforthcoming authorities, rumor will play havoc. But if she had gasoline in her throat and was fully externally ablaze, how did she speak with the first responder?

As whomever you're speaking of in that last bit is not a named suspect or person of interest, I'll refrain from asking about your supposition there.

Well, another month rolls by on the investigation and no arrests made. How long could it take to check cell phone records for such a small community over such a limited period off time. Don't they have number crunching computers at their disposal? Or is there someone sitting in a little room somewhere going through stacks of paper records? What in the world could be taking so long?

The only place I have been able to find it said that gasoline was poured down her throat was with the early interview with her dad and the M&M owner Ali..As proof of this would require lab testing...I believe they were repeating an assumption.....Nothing has been released by LE (that I have found) about what, if anything, was poured down her throat...However...I may be wrong..if so I would appreciate a link so I could correct my information...

Classito

The only place I have been able to find it said that gasoline was poured down her throat was with the early interview with her dad and the M&M owner Ali..As proof of this would require lab testing...I believe they were repeating an assumption.....Nothing has been released by LE (that I have found) about what, if anything, was poured down her throat...However...I may be wrong..if so I would appreciate a link so I could correct my information...

Classito

Here is an interview from early December, in which Sheriff Dennis Darby states (beginning @ 1:58):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BmRWuoh2svo#t=118
“A lot of what’s being said is not any truth to it. We’re going through the… The Coroner we’re going through the Medical Examiner and as far as some of the stories on accelerants and all this stuff, we’ve ruled them out…” (emphasis added by me)

Same interview a little further along in which a reporter asks the question (beginning @ 4:59):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=BmRWuoh2svo#t=298
“Was no accelerant used?”
To which the Sherriff responds:
“As far as, you know, internally…” [implying a “No” answer]

This was before the ATF lab had completed their analysis, and before the final autopsy results were available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mel18