MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Each cell phone carrier has different timelines regarding data retention. I've posted the info before on other threads, and will have to find it and bring the link and image here. IDK who JC's carrier is, but it will greatly affect text message retention (from my recollection - so :moo: )

I did find this (applies to google and iPhones):

Apple's iPhones and Google's Androids Send Cellphone Location - WSJ

http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052748703983704576277101723453610

The FBI's involvement in JC's case will mean top notch computer forensic analysis. This will mean all the difference. I said this at the beginning. If they are able to identify the MAC address(es) of anyone else who was directly in contact with her, or who was at the same location(s) with her, the picture of what happened to her in the 90 minute window before she was found will come into focus.

I will add that this same clarity appears to be needed until the time stamp issue is addressed. LE must be able to retrace JC's activities throughout the days (and weeks if need be) leading up to her death, and rule the people whose paths crossed with her in or out in a methodical manner. This takes time and patience. :cow:

I am entrusting this Task Force of Federal and local LE to make sure Jessica receives her justice. I can't imagine this NOT happening!

:moo:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.wired.com/2011/09/cellular-customer-data/

https://www.aclu.org/cell-phone-loc...ponse-cell-phone-company-data-retention-chart

I dont know why people keep talking about this party from what i read the night this happend she was at home and decided to go gas up and clean out her car at the gas station . Thats why she was in her pajamas .Not many girls are going to a party in there pajamas..

The "party" allegedly took place Saturday the 6th.

JC was at the gas station at 6:30PM and found 90 minutes later.

So, the question is: where was she after the gas station and before she was found? A car wash? Getting something to eat? A party?

<snipped for brevity>

There are lots of misconceptions on this thread. Here is the reality:

The "party" wasn't an official party. It was a spontaneous gathering like those that happen every weekend in America.

How do you know this?

I don't know if this has been cited yet but...

BATESVILLE, Mississippi (CNN) —Investigators "are looking at the strong possibility" someone was in the car with a 19-year-old Mississippi woman moments before a fire engulfed the vehicle, a prosecuting attorney said Friday.

But District Attorney John Champion would not say what led investigators to believe Jessica Chambers wasn't alone just before the fire burned her and the car Saturday night near a rural road near Courtland, Mississippi

http://www.wapt.com/national/da-jessica-chambers-phone-provides-leads/30183846?utm_campaign=WAPT&utm_content=cVVdD6&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=trueAnthem:+New+Content

Read the article. Don't bother with the video.

Sadly, I think too much of the media's attention is occupied elsewhere at the moment. Michael Brown, Cosby, a number of other cases... If it was a slow news day, Jessica would be the top story.
Thinking about this, debirlfan, I am wondering IF Homeland Security had been brought into the case, do they have the power to restrict media coverage? Do they ever enlist the aid of others to decoy attention away from the perps or motive? Just curious.

Two thoughts have popped into my mind.

Jessica bought more gas because she was now working and needs it to drive back and forth to work. However, having no idea the cost of cigs, $5.00 - $6.00 at a convenient store, she still doubled the amount of gas she normally purchased. So, to me, nothing looks out of place.

<modsnip>

Whatever the case turns out to be, there are a number of people shaking in their boots! Hopefully the Feds can clean this town up, arrest the perp/s that murdered Jessica, and clean out the drug dealing heads as well as city officials that are dirty. Show the U.S. how laws work and that Jessica brought peace to her hometown!

They do.
It's wrapped up deep in the code of the phone, but from what I read they do log so that the browser in the phone can give you the best search results (say you want a to find a grocery store in google.com from the phone) based on your area.

Data stored in phones (based with google account sync, has nothing to do with carrier. Only texts belong to carrier.):
http://www.brighthub.com/mobile/google-android/articles/113755.aspx

Storing location data (many cases just like this where Google has tried to explain why):
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2384751,00.asp

Hope that makes sense.

This is fascinating. For whatever capabilities or lack thereof that local LE has, when the investigators said the retrieved phone would be "the key to everything" (http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/10/us/mississippi-girl-burns-to-death/) - there's good reason to believe that's true.

I've found plenty of reputable news sites + sources that report that her cell phone was found at the scene, but I'm having trouble pinning down any that have definitively published that the battery was removed + located separately nearby... (someone had posted from Huffington Post previously, but it's a quote from Ben Chambers and not LE).

I can think of many known cases of foul play where a cell phone ends up separated from its battery. I can't recall a single story about a tragic accident where that also happened to occur. I also can't think of any episodes from my own life where I'd have removed my cell phone battery if not to just charge it or clean the phone + plug it back in again.

Furthermore - even if the battery was NOT removed from the phone - and it was left as-is at the crime scene, it's not unfathomable that the perpetrator would have assumed it'd be destroyed in the fire along with all other evidence.

Thinking about this, debirlfan, I am wondering IF Homeland Security had been brought into the case, do they have the power to restrict media coverage? Do they ever enlist the aid of others to decoy attention away from the perps or motive? Just curious.

I hope they are. We are always screaming about our privacy being invaded but when privacy SHOULD be invaded for really suspicious behavior where are they?? How long before a similar thing happens in the same community? Everyone is scared. The good, the bad, and the ugly. MY OPINION>

It really makes no sense to try and destroy a phone these days, besides trying to retrieving photographs (which in some cases upload to a cloud anyways).
The only reason to take a battery out, or to run over it and leave it in the road broken, is so that if someone calls it or emails it, it doesn't triangulate from a tower nearby.

Which, removing a battery, if removed, means they didn't want Jessica found.
So, why start a fire? Fires are pretty noticeable, IMO.

Did someone throw the phone?

Just so many more questions than answers in this case. Makes me sad.

Hmm. "Strong possibility" just moments before? What kind of evidence or clues would suggest that, that would withstand a fire? Let's think on this point.

Actually, we should separate that into physical vs. other evidence (witness testimony, electronic record, etc.) - I am thinking she might've exchanged a text or call with someone like "ok, I'll come pick you up" or "give you a ride" etc.

WRT cell phone records and tracking, the NSA gathers most US cell phone data and stores it indefinitely. This is part of the information that was revealed by former NSA contractor Edward Snowden.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world...92873a-5cf2-11e3-bc56-c6ca94801fac_story.html

Snowden also revealed that NSA built its own "Google-like" search engine for the data and allows federal law enforcement agencies to search the database.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/08/25/nsa-google-search-engine/14594399/

The documents show that in all, ICREACH can access more than 850 billion records on phone calls, e-mails, cellphone locations and Internet chats. A 2010 NSA memo states that more than 1,000 analysts at 23 U.S. agencies engaged in intelligence work have access to the search engine.

According to the NSA files revealed this year, federal law enforcement agencies (FBI, DEA, DHS) theoretically can gain access to cell phone information in this case. Whether they have is unknown.

Apparently the group Anonymous has involved themselves in this case. The amount of stuff they have released is mind blowing. I wouldn't be surprised if Panola County finds itself swarming with the Feds soon.

And if it is NOT, we need to worry. This silence is ridiculous. JMO

It really makes no sense to try and destroy a phone these days, besides trying to retrieving photographs (which in some cases upload to a cloud anyways).
The only reason to take a battery out, or to run over it and leave it in the road broken, is so that if someone calls it or emails it, it doesn't triangulate from a tower nearby.

Which, removing a battery, if removed, means they didn't want Jessica found.
So, why start a fire? Fires are pretty noticeable, IMO.

Did someone throw the phone?

Just so many more questions than answers in this case. Makes me sad.

Or you take the battery out - possibly without the owners knowledge - so that they cannot use the phone to call for help.

I haven't seen any confirmation yet that DHS is involved.

Good conclusion, SBHack --

Striped-jacket opens the front door at 06:26:07 and can be seen at 06:26:09 moving behind the station wagon, approaching Jessica's pump in the belw screen capture #1 from the MyFoxMemphis video. The 8x-speed moves very quickly so you should stop action as soon as you see 06:26:02 or :03, and stop/start thereafter. I hope you know what I mean. Anyway, that sort of clears up the missing 06:26:00 to 06:26:54 that I've been babbling about.

View attachment 65578

But you are correct: There does not appear to be any video timestamp footage for inside screen capture #2

View attachment 65577

I spent so long looking at multiple videos of the footage just to see whether there was one or two guys in striped shirts, the quality varies so much at times the striped shirt looks nothing like itself. The fact that it's so confusing to us makes me hope even more that LE has obtained un-tampered with video from all of the cameras available at that gas station. Cause the footage we're having to sort through and dissect here at WS is only slowing things down!

A lot of people seem to be jumping to the conclusion that she was in the women's shelter because of an abusive boyfriend, and assuming the bf must be the killer. I think not.

Women who live in an abusive household go to a women's shelter because it is not safe to be in their home. So, do we know if Jessica was living with the ex-boyfriend? Was she living with her parents and brother at the time of her abuse?

If the boyfriend was abusive, why wasn't she safe at her parents house? Dad works as a mechanic for the sheriff's office. He couldn't keep her safe at home? Did she have restraining orders on anyone?

Something is fishy here.

<modsnip>

Evening. Long time lurker since the Lauren Spierer case. My hometown of bloomington IN and growing up on and near campus. (Currently living in the south).

Interesting reading everyones theory's and amazed at the outpouring of people. What a fantastic community!
Keep up the great work.

Matic

Welcome, Matic. Thank you for your post and signing up. You're completely right about the WS community. Hope you stick around and share your thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leahruss