MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a exact quote from her mother......I cant find her fathers which was more elaborate but here is her mothers from huff post.....Chambers' mother spoke to her daughter about an hour before her death.

"She was like, 'I'm cleaning out my car and I'm going to go get something to eat and be home to clean my room up," her mother said.

There has been no confirmation of there being a party and certainly none of Jessica being there. It has been days since it first came up as something 'heard' but no witnesses ever showed up, which makes me think it is due to rumors and distancing.

Has this been discredited?

Snip:
The prosecutor on Thursday also updated information he had given CNN the previous day that indicated Chambers had attended a party but police couldn’t find anyone who had seen her there. Police have now spoken to witnesses who claim to have seen Chambers at the party, the prosecutor said.

http://ktla.com/2014/12/11/mississi...provided-firefighters-clue-to-who-killed-her/

I just had a thought, complete speculation, but what if, is there any evidence that JC was actually IN a gang and then wanted out, and the only way out is "out"? MOS

The major media outlets are covering this story. On the Internet, you will have to scroll down on cnn, nbcnews, foxnews, etc. where the reports still continue that her phone records hold the evidence. That has been going on a couple of days now. The initial report from the PD said arson. That story continues nationally with no evidence. Keep in mind the outrageous nature of the original reports last week, where she walks up in full flames to the fire fighter and gives the name of her killer, after having lighter fluid intentionally squirted down her mouth and nose and being set on fire. I am wary of the speculation and just wish more evidence was forthcoming.

Yes, the story is getting national coverage. As for why it isn't getting wall-to-wall coverage, very, very few cases get that level of coverage. Her death was absolutely horrific, but I can't think of a past case where someone was set on fire, and it got huge coverage, although I am sure it has happened. I think the MSM does not have much interest in cases in rural areas. They like cases where you don't expect something like this to happen. The domestic violence, gangs, drugs, etc rumors are not going to draw the national media in.

This link shows 1407 articles written about the case: http://interceder.net/latest_news/Jessica-Chambers

OR maybe JC was riding in the passengers seat and when she escaped the burning vehicle she didn't shut it? Just popped into my head.. JMO

The initial question was why LE thought that there was someone in the car with her just before the fire - if the passenger door was open, then that would suggest two people were in the car, regardless of who was doing the driving.

There has been no confirmation of there being a party and certainly none of Jessica being there. It has been days since it first came up as something 'heard' but no witnesses ever showed up...
<snipped>

Yes there is and yes, she was...

The prosecutor on Thursday also updated information he had given CNN the previous day that indicated Chambers had attended a party but police couldn’t find anyone who had seen her there. Police have now spoken to witnesses who claim to have seen Chambers at the party, the prosecutor said.

Police have now spoken to witnesses who claim to have seen Chambers at the party, the prosecutor said. ... Asked who authorities had spokento in the course of their investigation, ...

http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/10/us/mississippi-girl-burns-to-death/index.html

Despite reports she was going to a party, her appearance -- her hair was in a bun and she was wearing camouflage pajama pants -- suggests that wasn't the case, Champion said. Police have also spoken to partygoers, who don't recall seeing her there, he said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WHAT SITES CAN I LINK?

1. Mainstream media news (MSM)
2. Justice for Jessica Lane FB -- https://www.facebook.com/JUSTICEforJESSICALANE
3. Law enforcement websites

CAN I LINK TO A BLOG?

NO blogs are approved in this case at the moment.

CAN I LINK TO A FB PAGE OTHER THAN THE "JUSTICE FOR" PAGE?

MSM or LE related FB and Twitter pages; and Jessica's personal page. Remember, you CANNOT post names of her FB friends, sleuth her friends, or gossip about them.

CAN I POST ABOUT WHAT I READ AT AN OFF LIMITS SITE?

NO. If the site can't be linked, then you can't post what you read on it.

CAN I POST PHOTOS FROM A PERSONAL FB PAGE?

NO. Images must come from an approved source (i.e., MSM) and be accompanied by a link to the source.

Rules: Etiquette & Information

[...]

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player.

[...]

Posting a thread to comment on, question, or criticize moderator or administrator action is not appropriate in a public forum. Please utilize the board’s Private Message function or email staff if you wish to discuss these issues. As long as you bring up your concerns maturely and civilly to the moderator or administrator in question, we will do our best to address your concerns fairly and promptly.
:bump:

ETA: Leave the FB rumors and gossip where you found them. Until LE indicates they are looking at a particular POI, all named and unnamed witnesses and bystanders are off limits for "sleuthing" and speculation.

(reply to OneLove)
From what I'm reading here, it seems Jessica was living at her parents home when she was killed. So, why was it now safe for her to be there if she had to be in a shelter before?
The father's quote bothers me, and other posters have thought it strange as well.
Chambers' father, Ben Chambers, said his daughter left a battered women's shelter a few months before she was killed. "She was getting on the right track. She had learned her lessons from being in bad relationships," he told NBC News Saturday.
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/jessica-chambers-teen-burned-death-mourned-funeral-n267811

I'm thinking Dad didn't approve of her "bad relationships" and she wasn't able to move back home until "she had learned her lessons".

Everyone is speculating on gangs and drugs, but sometimes the problem is closer to home. Which is the first place the police investigate, by the way. We'll just have to wait until they're ready to release more information about the investigation.

"We're still looking into certain individuals at this time. I believe that we have stated that we have no suspects, and that is still the case," Assistant District Attorney Jay Hale. "We have talked to numerous witnesses that could potentially become suspects."

Investigators are also looking into a party Chambers may have attended before the incident.

http://wapt.com/news/burned-womans-last-moments-caught-on-surveillance-video/30155552

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just catching up and sorry if this has already been posted. In this video approximately 55 seconds in, the reporter said investigators showed up at this man Eric's home questioning him because the first responder who attended to Jessica said she was able to talk and she mentioned the name either Eric or Derrick.

I believe it will only be a matter of time before an arrest is made. Rest in peace dear Jessica. Justice will prevail. MOO.

Edit: Just to add, no I do not believe it is the gentleman being interview. HTH.

http://www.wapt.com/national/da-jes...um=twitter&utm_source=trueAnthem:+New+Content

Cherokee thanks for those arrest record links. They are really tiny on my phone but I think I could make out Jessica's info. Will try on a computer tomorrow, but...
A- Is there anyone else listed as Arrested in the Panolian that is a familiar name here?
B-was anyone arrested for simple assault on the same day(s) as Jessica?
And/or
C- does the name of anyone arrested appear on both days of Jessica's arrests, maybe for a different charge?

Sometimes in a DV or public fight situation, both parties get arrested and then they sort the whole he said/she said thing out in court.

Some are querying about the party... I think this as already been posted previously.

http://www.wbtv.com/story/27589639/first-responder-tries-to-comfort-burning-victim-before-death

"There was a party going on and she was there," said Chambers' acquaintance Charlotte Wilkerson. "When she left the party, that's when it happened to her."

"She's 19 years old," said Wilkerson. "I've known her forever."

I can't get the video to play, probably because I need to update whatever player WBTV is using. Does Charlotte Wilkerson say she was at the party and actually saw Jessica or just that she knows Jessica was there? TIA

Are the cops really viewing the video from inside the gas station?! No unadulterated, physical copy for them? It looked liked the tape "jumped around" a few times and even skipped a minute of footage. Seems odd.

A plethora of things could have happened to this poor girl, but it seem sort of retaliatory, not random.

I can't get the video to play, probably because I need to update whatever player WBTV is using. Does Charlotte Wilkerson say she was at the party and actually saw Jessica or just that she knows Jessica was there? TIA

Yes she appears twice briefly in the video and states she saw her at the party.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay