MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OR maybe JC was riding in the passengers seat and when she escaped the burning vehicle she didn't shut it? Just popped into my head.. JMO
The pictures that have been posted show that the passenger seat is reclined. Could this be how the murderer got accelerant into her mouth/nose? (Assuming the rumors about that are true...).

Did her car hit the pine tree that has scorch marks on it?

No. There was no damage to the front of her vehicle.

Imo, that is where the killer placed the car, then put it in park, and pull the emergency brake up so it wouldn't roll back down the incline.

Isn't today the day when WMC TV5's Janice Broach and four other investigative reporters are asking questions and interviewing people around Panola County, MS?

In one video clip Charlotte Wilkerson says: "they left the party...[then immediately corrects herself and says] SHE left the party..."

http://www.wbtv.com/story/27589639/first-responder-tries-to-comfort-burning-victim-before-death

then in another video clip she says: "...SOMETHING went wrong. We don't know what yet, but..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9piiaqxLB4

Wilkerson points out in the second clip that she had been called into the police station on Sunday, Dec 7, for an interview, as her telephone number had been in Jessica's phone log as Sha-Sha, and that Jessica had called her.

Wilkerson has interjected herself into the Jessica Chambers story on a very relevant point, and seems to be chatty. Notice how her demeanor has changed from one clip to another.

Great point! The use of passive voice can be an indication of wanting to distance oneself from something (or aid in telling the "truth" by omission).

Did anyone notice that in Charlotte Wilkerson's mugshot (released 12/09), she is wearing a blue and white striped top?? Is she the person filling the gas can in the video...the person that police "cleared"? Seems fishy, JMO.

She is not the one filling the gas can in the video - that man, named Eric, was cleared. One or more of the media links have an interview with him.

Now the mug shot of Charlotte, and the timing of it, is interesting - I saw it on an unapproved internet site, but it came from VINElink. Is VINElink approved? Offender ID: 36208

I don't understand why there is only one person coming forward saying that she was seen at the party.
How could only one person see her there?
Isn't making any sense to me

IMO I think people are afraid. This kind of death is so horrific, and it probably scared people into hiding. If JC were my friend I would tell the cops what I knew, but I wouldn't want my face on the news. I would definitely fear for my safety if these horrific acts happened to my friend/ acquaintance.

The pictures that have been posted show that the passenger seat is reclined. Could this be how the murderer got accelerant into her mouth/nose? (Assuming the rumors about that are true...).

IMO the perp most likely poured the accelerant (and a lot of it) everywhere. Because she was still alive, and breathing, it got into her breathing passages.

Isn't today the day when WMC TV5's Janice Broach and four other investigative reporters are asking questions and interviewing people around Panola County, MS?

Yeah. Supposed to air their report at 10pm. Looking forward to what they dig up (if anything)!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Imo, that is where the killer placed the car, then put it in park, and pull the emergency brake up so it wouldn't roll back down the incline.

OceanBlueEyes does this murder seem amateur to you? You gave so much great info on Holly's case (as well as Foxfire) that I would love to know your opinion. IF the battery was out of her phone and the killer parked the vehicle up that tiny hill to "hide" it, then it just doesn't seem very thought out to me. Like a young(er) person or someone who didn't have much experience/knowledge of forensics and evidence.

I used to be a burn nurse, just adding this FWIW. When an accelerant is used, it usually causes a flash of flame. Breathing in the fire could easily burn the tissues of the nose and mouth, even if no accelerant was poured into them. If Jessica was inside the car when the fire started, I think she would have been overcome with smoke and lost consciousness before 98% of her body could burn, and wouldn't be able to get out of the vehicle. I have seen deep 3rd and 4th degree burns on the front of the body with no burns on the back or butt where they sat or were laying. I think Jessica was standing when an accelerant was poured onto her, outside her car. She caught fire and she breathed in the flash of flames. The soles of her feet were not burned because she was standing when it happened. The fire would burn out as soon as the accelerant/clothing burned away. She fell to the ground and was found there. Maybe the 911 caller did see her running on fire, but she was on the ground by the time the first responder arrived. If so, the perp had to be RIGHT THERE. I've seen severe burns come to the ER and still be talking. But not for long.

Sorry if this is too graphic.

I used to be a burn nurse, just adding this FWIW. When an accelerant is used, it usually causes a flash of flame. Breathing in the fire could easily burn the tissues of the nose and mouth, even if no accelerant was poured into them. If Jessica was inside the car when the fire started, I think she would have been overcome with smoke and lost consciousness before 98% of her body could burn, and wouldn't be able to get out of the vehicle. I have seen deep 3rd and 4th degree burns on the front of the body with no burns on the back or butt where they sat or were laying. I think Jessica was standing when an accelerant was poured onto her, outside her car. She caught fire and she breathed in the flash of flames. The soles of her feet were not burned because she was standing when it happened. The fire would burn out as soon as the accelerant/clothing burned away. She fell to the ground and was found there. Maybe the 911 caller did see her running on fire, but she was on the ground by the time the first responder arrived. If so, the perp had to be RIGHT THERE. I've seen severe burns come to the ER and still be talking. But not for long.

I don't know what to say. Great post with insight into these kinds of things. This makes me sick to my stomach. It is very graphic in nature, but unfortunately, this murder was horrendous. Thanks for your perspective!

She is not the one filling the gas can in the video - that man, named Eric, was cleared. One or more of the media links have an interview with him.

Now the mug shot of Charlotte, and the timing of it, is interesting - I saw it on an unapproved internet site, but it came from VINElink. Is VINElink approved? Offender ID: 36208

I'm not entirely certain that we can assume that the photo on Vinelink is a "mug shot" for a booking. It may just be a Panola Co. "material witness photo" (if such a thing exists). However it is noteworthy to notice that she was not given a "general release" until Dec. 9, Tuesday.

Of course, these dates may need to be interpreted in clerical shift-changes, work details, and times-of-day etc.

IMO, what she knows, when she knew it, and what she is withholding are elements of interrogation that I do not believe Sheriff Dennis Darby is capable of performing. Here's an interesting Sept. 22, 2014 article.

http://wreg.com/2014/09/22/sheriff-confirms-panola-gang-disturbance/

[...]”It’s obviously gang-related, you know. We’ve been going on three years working on gang relationships,” said Panola County Sheriff Dennis Darby, who believes it’s a sign that gangs, which used to come from out of town, have begun to take root locally. [...]Of course we’re on top of it. We know what happened, we know who did it,” Darby said.

And he says it won’t take long for him to prove it.

He has yet to "prove it".

TY Do you think, given the injuries, that she actually was able to speak??? I seriously doubt it. JMO

I apologize for not being as well-informed as most of you all are. Please forgive me if I am missing the obvious.

Was the car found at the scene of the fire with the gearshift in park and the emergency brake on, or was that deduced from photographs of the interior that were taken later?

I don't know what the normal procedures for firefighters are in the case of a burning vehicle, but is it possible they put the car in park, turned off the ignition and engaged the emergency brake? Seems like they would do that even in a car crash and note it on an incident report. If not the VFD, would the tow truck operator usually do that?

I'm trying to get a picture in my mind of how the events would have unfolded if it is a murder.

Do you all believe she was set on fire before her car came to a stop or after?

TY Do you think, given the injuries, that she actually was able to speak??? I seriously doubt it. JMO

Wonder what happened with the autopsy report. Wasn't it supposed to be released Friday?

Quoting SeeAlice: "Was the car found at the scene of the fire with the gearshift in park and the emergency brake on, or was that deduced from photographs of the interior that were taken later?

I don't know what the normal procedures for firefighters are in the case of a burning vehicle, but is it possible they put the car in park, turned off the ignition and engaged the emergency brake? Seems like they would do that even in a car crash and note it on an incident report. If not the VFD, would the tow truck operator usually do that"?

"Do you all believe she was set on fire before her car came to a stop or after?"

You are correct to question these assertions. I think any of the scenarios you list could explain the gearshift and emergency brake. A former burn nurse posted above about his/her belief that Jessica would more likely have been standing outside of the car (but near it) when doused with accelerant.

I think Jessica was standing when an accelerant was poured onto her, outside her car. She caught fire and she breathed in the flash of flames. The soles of her feet were not burned because she was standing when it happened. The fire would burn out as soon as the accelerant/clothing burned away. She fell to the ground and was found there.

Good point. If she was outside the car, standing, how do you suppose the perp got her to stand still for that? Wouldn't she have run? Or do you suppose there were two perps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NeilC