MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
but I do have problems with not seeing her drive off. We have all these moments of her there, but not her leaving. I wonder why that is?

This is an excellent point!

Thank you for the nearby car wash information and I did not know she referenced the other Batesville car wash previously! :)

Flatfootjoe's 20-30 minutes are a part of the 90-minute drama; they can not be subtracted as you have done.

I think that's my fault. I added on the estimated length of her phone call to mom (6:38, - approx 20 minutes long, IIRC) to arrive at 7:00. The 911 call reportedly came in about an hour and a half after that. (I can't remember exact time reported for 911 call at the moment.)

Edit: time of phone call from mom.

Thanks, ZOOL!

Absolutely. In fact it could be a capital murder case and death penalty qualified.

Meaning, the suspect was in the commission of another felony (first degree arson) when the felony murder of Jessica happened.

IMO

Here in my home town an arsonist is being charged with two counts of murder for burning down a condo building and murdering two women. This man had already killed two people in Feb this year in a hit and run. This struck home with me because I owned this condo and lived there for a while.

http://www.wwaytv3.com/2014/12/11/c...ires-suspect-charged-with-first-degree-murder

Makes me wonder too. She pulls away from the video surveillance at approximately 06:32 (estimate) and 16-mins later at 06:48 (according to her mother) she is involved in a 20-min phone call. Interesting. The scene of the crime is approximately 12-mins drive from M&M Gas.

Not 12 min, the scene is less than 2 miles from the gas station. A few minutes. If she talked to her mom that long, maybe mom was worried and there was a bit of an argument. JMO

Makes me wonder too. She pulls away from the video surveillance at approximately 06:32 (estimate) and 16-mins later at 06:48 (according to her mother) she is involved in a 20-min phone call. Interesting. The scene of the crime is approximately 12-mins drive from M&M Gas.

I don't see her going to that isolated car wash in the dark, but if she did, she could have been talking to her mom as she cleaned her car, and then been assaulted there maybe? More likely it seems to me she went to a well lit mini mall type place with a station and coin car vacuum near where she could get something to eat. Where would that be near there? There are a number of choices according to skibaboo's map linked on the media page The same thing could have happened to her farther away. A blunt force strike to the head that may have knocked her out in either place, and then the perp/s trying to burn away evidence in a spot where it would be easy to use back roads to remain unseen and get away since the perp/s did not have a car. Besides, her mom may have a good idea where she was exactly when they spoke, even where she was getting cleaning her car, as part of the 20 minute conversation, probably more details she was told not share by LE.

Wish we knew for certain what accelerant(or accelerants) were used to start the blaze. I don't imagine we will get much more from LE on that. At least until there is an arrest made. Maybe not even then. Hopefully, there is DNA evidence linking someone to this crime.

I'd like to know, too, since I imagine gasoline is probably the most common accelerant used in arsons.

Someone mentioned earlier that alcohol burns too quickly to have been used in this situation. What else is there? Aerosol sprays, nail polish remover, butane, turpentine (last 2 pretty unlikely, IMO.)

This says gasoline IS the most common accelerant.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Detection_of_fire_accelerants

But it was pretty chilly, so she could have had her windows rolled up. It's possible she was doing her nails, I guess.

Not 12 min, the scene is less than 2 miles from the gas station. A few minutes. If she talked to her mom that long, maybe mom was worried and there was a bit of an argument. JMO

Yes this is interesting. 20 minutes is a long time to be on the phone. I'm wondering if Jessica was apprehensive about something and kept her mom on the phone until the situation was all clear. She could have done this without her mom knowing. I know sometimes at night walking back from the bus stop I've called someone and had them on the line as "standby" until I got to safety. Wonder if this was the equivalent? Also Jessica did not look at all comfortable with whoever she went off camera to speak to in the gas station video. There was definite hesitation as she approached whomever. She did not look as if she expected to see them there and did not seem interested in approaching them.

I don't think that Lisa has said so publicly,but I'm sure that proper investigators would have asked her if she heard any voices in the background of the call. Perhaps JC was at a "party" but more than likely, outside of it when she gave her Mom the "getting a bite to eat" story. That could mean that she had arrived at the so-called "party", but did not go inside or close to the "festivities" until she got off the phone with her mother. She may have never entered a house, because she could have been accosted before she had a chance to. Just brainstorming. JMO

Flatfootjoe's 20-30 minutes are a part of the 90-minute drama; they can not be subtracted as you have done.

I should have been more clear. I realize the 20-30 minutes are part of the timeline. I am speaking of JC being alive and not on fire, which would be what, an hour? Or do I still have that wrong?

I
I'd like to know, too, since I imagine gasoline is probably the most common accelerant used in arsons.

Someone mentioned earlier that alcohol burns too quickly to have been used in this situation. What else is there? Aerosol sprays, nail polish remover, butane, turpentine (last 2 pretty unlikely, IMO.)

This says gasoline IS the most common accelerant.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Detection_of_fire_accelerants

But it was pretty chilly, so she could have had her windows rolled up. It's possible she was doing her nails, I guess.

I think earlier someone mentioned lighter fluid/charcoal fluid. Or maybe the use of gas AND another accelerant. None of it is pleasant to think about. Makes me sick.

It was once felt that rapid fire growth and extensive damage was indicative of an incendiary fire. However, the type and quantity of combustible materials found in automobiles today, when burned, can produce this degree of damage without the intentional addition of another fuel such as gasoline. In the case of a total burnout, one cannot normally conclude whether the fire was incendiary on the basis of observations of the vehicle alone. The use of fire patterns or degree of fire damage to determine a point of origin or cause should be used with caution. The interpretations drawn from these patterns should be verified by witness evidence, laboratory analysis, service records indicating mechanical or electrical faults, or factory recall notices. The investigator should also be familiar with the composition of the vehicle and its normal operation. (See Chapter 4.)

http://www.interfire.org/res_file/92115-1.asp

(No, I don't understand what this means.)

Incendiary - designed to produce fire.

A very interesting read, imo;

CRIME SCENE STAGING AND ALTERATIONS
The CSI Effect on Criminal Investigations

By Vernon J. Geberth, M.S., M.P.S.
Former Commander of Bronx Homicide, New York City Police Department
Author of Practical Homicide Investigation: Tactics, Procedures, and Forensic Techniques. Fourth Edition

http://www.practicalhomicide.com/Research/PIMag0707.htm
<sniped - read more @ link>

STAGING:

"Staging a scene occurs when the perpetrator purposely alters the crime scene to mislead the authorities and/or redirect the investigation. Staging is a conscious criminal action on the part of an offender to thwart an investigation.

In my experience investigating suspicious deaths I have oftentimes had a 'gut' feeling that something was amiss. Practically speaking, 'If you have a gut feeling that something is wrong. Then guess what? Something is wrong.' Actually, that "gut" feeling is your subconscious reaction to the presentation, which should alert you to the possibility that, 'Things are not always what they appear to be'" This position is consistent with equivocal death investigations.

EQUIVOCAL DEATH INVESTIGATIONS

"Equivocal death investigations are those inquiries that are open to interpretation. There may be two or more meanings and the case may present as either a homicide or a suicide depending upon the circumstances. The facts are purposefully vague or misleading as in the case of a "staged crime scene." Or, the death is suspicious or questionable based upon what is presented to the authorities. The deaths may resemble homicides or suicides, accidents or naturals. They are open to interpretation pending further information of the facts, the victimology, and the circumstances of the event."²

jc map.jpg

So if you look at the map in the media thread, to me it looks like after the gas station, she headed in the opposite direction of Batesville and the car washes, and that is when she was speaking to her mom. To me with all that time that passed, she was coming BACK from wherever she went in that direction, headed towards home. So what is in the other direction? Are there car washes that way?

Both the rocking and the fact that he struck me as kind of smug or smirking bothered me - Others on this board saw the interview very differently though. It is possible he was very nervous, I guess.
After watching the fire chief speak in the video a couple of pages back I can't help but wonder what is making him nervous enough to rock the heck out of that chair......

One thing that we can be fairly certain of is that the gasoline was purchased at some time at M&M gas station and was transportable. JMO

I think that's my fault. I added on the estimated length of her phone call to mom (7:38, - approx 20 minutes long, IIRC) to arrive at 7:00. The 911 call reportedly came in about an hour and a half after that. (I can't remember exact time reported for 911 call at the moment.)

SeeAlice, I'm confused now. SwampMaMa's original timeline had 06:48:xx for mom's telephone call, not 07:38:xx. I have never seen the time listed anywhere. Have you? There's a big difference here.

It is confirmed, I found it on google maps. It is small (2 stations), doesn't look like it would be lit at night, and may not even be in operation according to some reports.

There seems to be a church and what seems like an auto body shop across the street from it. You would think cameras would be there.

Main St, where the wash is located, turns into Herron. Herron, further west, is where her car was found on fire.

RSBM, I was about to post the map but you can see a SS a few posts above, what is across the street that you thought may be a body shop is actually Courtland Volunteer Fire Dept.

Jessica Chambers' ex-boyfriend cleared as a suspect, despite social media claims
One thing is clear, investigators say Jessica's ex-boyfriend is not a suspect, despite what social media is saying.
[snipped]
Bryan Rudd now lives in Iowa, says he has nothing to do with Jessica's murder, and is heartbroken to hear about what happened to his old girlfriend.
[snipped]
"I hope that Panola County can stay strong, and not feed into all this hatred and lies that's being spread around town because it's not going to help us, it will only divide us and a house divided cannot stand."
The ex-boyfriends mom quoted above put up the picture of Jessica Chambers with her son as an act of remembrance and paid dearly for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3