MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"My work has given me a profound respect for what humans suffer at the hands of evil, and a particular sensitivity for what its victims endure. During every investigation that I participate in, there is always an invisible observer at my shoulder, whose presence I never forget. Regardless of the circumstances of a case, I am always giving voice to its silent victim".

"What must this young girl’s final minutes have been like? Did she cry out while he was repeatedly stabbing her, or keep silent, breathing like a wounded animal, watching for the next glint of a blade? Did her thoughts turn to her parents in those final seconds, when she was overwhelmed by the deepest loneliness she had ever known? Did she experience a dissociative response, the sense of drifting upward and watching her own death as if from above? Or did she sink mercifully into unconsciousness, and feel nothing as her life ebbed away"? - Quote by retired FBI BAU Profiler Roger L. Depue..

Between Good & Evil - A Master FBI BAU Profiler's Hunt for Society's Most Violent Predators
http://abusesanctuary.blogspot.com/2007/01/between-good-and-evil-by-roger-l.html

It is my great hope that you learn meditation, some release for your gentle mind to go to where it can purge the job that you do. Debrief, walk in the woods, look at the birds and feel the sun on your face. The people in this world that have to go in and clean up the evil that other humans inflict are unsung heroes, the underdogs and the under appreciated.

At one point in my life, my job brought me in contact with a whole lot of dead people. I remember standing in a cemetery and at an angle I could stand there and just keep counting the headstones of the people I had come in contact with.

PLEASE take care of yourself. Know that once they have passed, a much higher power cares for them.

From twitter moments ago:

Tish Clark
‏@local24tish
DA to give update on Chambers case this afternoon @LocalMemphis @16WAPTNews

ETA: No time stated

BBM

I think this line is being misinterpreted. It seems to me that the confusion was that the investigators thought she passed before they left the scene, when in actuality she did not pass away until later on at 2:37AM. If we are to read it any other way, then what is the "confusion?" When I read it I immediately thought it proved they left before 2:37AM. It could explain how AA thought Jessica was dead already by 11PM.

ETA: Not trying to say I'm right and everyone else is wrong, just pointing out the grammatical make up of the sentence suggested a very different reading than what many others have posted about. Remove the ", and" to make it two separate sentences, then I would agree with you all. Could just be poor writing.

I tend to agree that it is "poor sentence structure". The phrase "before they left the crime scene" is misplaced, IMO. I mentally reconstructed the sentence to read: "The coroner said that there was some initial confusion at the Med about the time of death, and investigators received word that Chambers was dead before they left the crime scene."

But rather than beleaguer the issue, I surrender to the fact that I no longer know whether the investigators remained at the crime scene for a long, or for short time. *smile* Since the coroner is making the comment, the confusion could be that someone pronounced her dead at the church parking lot (the Medevac site), and then the investigators at the crime scene "received word of her death" shortly after that.

All I know for a certainty is that the tow truck operator parked the tow truck with the burned vehicle outside M&M sometime shortly after 11pm, and that Ali Alisanai took a picture of it which he then posted online (Gas Station owner responds to accusations). *frown*

Lol. Guess I am anal-retentive too then. Im located near a river in Western PA. During the winter months, I pull mine away from my windshield. My brother told me years ago about them sticking to the windshield and I've done it ever since. :)

I do it, too. If your wiper blades aren't turned off and they stick to the windshield, they can break (I learned this the hard way). I don't find anything unusual about it.

I too like someone else has stated really wish they would release the 911 call or caller. I find it strikingly odd that this person was able to identify a "vehicle fire" from a mile away in the deep woods/rural road we are seeing. Then to top that off that they saw it from a mile away but never went anywhere close to it to check it out or make sure no one was hurt anywhere close to it? Doesn't add up...........

(BBM) That right there is what I live my whole life by. Judge Judy even says, "If someone is telling you something and it doesn't add up it's because THEY ARE LYING."

We had a grain bin burn outside of town here a few years ago and half the county showed up to LOOK. Human nature would be to go LOOK at what was burning, especially if you were going to call 911.

In my humble opinion it sounds like the devil was on one shoulder and an angel on the other. Afraid of accomplices but wanting to do the right thing.

From twitter moments ago:

Tish Clark
‏@local24tish
DA to give update on Chambers case this afternoon @LocalMemphis @16WAPTNews

ETA: No time stated

Since LE doesn't give out much info, let's hope this update is gonna reveal something positive!!

Does anyone know the exact time of the 911 call and exact time of arrival at crime scene? I have read "around 8pm, to 8:16 and everything in between. Time from the call to arrival should indicate what distance had to be covered from the house fire to the crime scene. JMO

Since the Panolian is a local newspaper, the time reference here may be the closest to an exact time.

My last post for a while...I have work to do!

I'm in a "pollyanna" mood apparently. I've seen on posts that the tow truck driver stopped for smokes at the local gas station, and that the stop was poor judgement, possibly compromising the chain of command and following trial, if it comes to that. I would imagine that with the suspicion of a crime already in place, the tow truck was not left unsupervised at any time, and was likely followed by LE to its final destination.

Since the gas station is the only one in town and closed at 11pm, and the car fire immediately followed a house fire, all the first responders probably needed something to drink, eat, or smoke before the place shut down. But it is highly unlikely that the crime scene evidence was ever left unattended. I don't think we are giving the locals enough credit. MOO

The sheriff's mechanic is undoubtedly competent at fixing engines and cars, and may well be very trusted ;)

I'd like to add that I believe the sheriff stated that Panola Co. was a Christian community etcetera, and that may be why Ben Chambers was forgiven, and given a job with the department. (Also, he is probably serving a lengthy period of probation.)

Regarding the questions about how Jessica's dad got a job with LE when he had a criminal record: I'm currently living in a very small town and have seen that things by necessity work differently than in larger areas. If he was the best, or only, mechanic available daily in such a small community, what else could they do? It would be hard to recruit someone to such an area, and they could probably pay her dad less than an ace mechanic might otherwise pull in. They probably all grew up together and he was known as a good guy but for the screw up. He may have seen "Breaking Bad" and wanted to try and make some money, screwed up and got caught. He may have been ashamed and remorseful. It doesn't necessarily mean that LE is dirty or anything. One advantage to small town living is people know you, and you get second chances. Maybe just a win-win situation for everybody. Everybody makes mistakes, some people learn from them.

Generally criminal behavior comes from a pattern of thinking a certain way and not just all at once like apparently as in Breaking Bad- never watched it. I would venture to say all law enforcement agencies no mater the size except Andy and Barney will have some corruption- criminal thinkers, opportunists- who will seek to utilize other criminal thinkers as in employees even if that employee is trying to turn a new leaf. Puts the employee in not a good position to rehabilitate- he must be strong and not currently doing underhanded things. MOO that it is especially concerning to put young offenders in these work situations especially if LE is trying to get info from them. Having worked for the last 12 years with habitual and serious criminal offenders, addicts, and those with serious mental illness and all combinations thereof, hiring someone with such a meth involved arrest/conviction within less than 5 years is concerning. Even with him being older, and the older ones in my experience are the ones who are more likely to be ready to get out of the criminal lifestyle for a normal one- well some anyways. Not to say I haven't come across some young offenders who sincerely want to change too, but that lifestyle hasn't worn on them yet as it has older ones.

The length of time that the responders remained at the crime scene was provided in early articles. I don't remember how long, but the info. is available. Perhaps look through some articles posted in thread one.

Also, JC gave "a few names". This has also been confirmed via MSM.

New poster here so bare with me. I just want to through my own "two cents" in on this case.

<snipped>

Someone having to do with that gas station knows more than they are telling and don't believe everything her parents are saying because teenagers lie about what's exactly going on in their lives, especially stuff like that.
:wagon:
Thank-you so much for posting. I read your post twice because it was so compelling.

Oh,how I wish I could have been Jessica's champion long before the '' culture sucked the life out of her.(Note:this is my opinion only)

:smile: I am late for an appointment. So I will sign off for now.

I'm in a "pollyanna" mood apparently. I've seen on posts that the tow truck driver stopped for smokes at the local gas station, and that the stop was poor judgement, possibly compromising the chain of command and following trial, if it comes to that. I would imagine that with the suspicion of a crime already in place, the tow truck was not left unsupervised at any time, and was likely followed by LE to its final destination.

Since the gas station is the only one in town and closed at 11pm, and the car fire immediately followed a house fire, all the first responders probably needed something to drink, eat, or smoke before the place shut down. But it is highly unlikely that the crime scene evidence was ever left unattended. I don't think we are giving the locals enough credit. MOO

(Chain of custody) :D

rollingstone Post #280
Regarding the questions about how Jessica's dad got a job with LE when he had a criminal record: I'm currently living in a very small town and have seen that things by necessity work differently than in larger areas. If he was the best, or only, mechanic available daily in such a small community, what else could they do? It would be hard to recruit someone to such an area, and they could probably pay her dad less than an ace mechanic might otherwise pull in. They probably all grew up together and he was known as a good guy but for the screw up. He may have seen "Breaking Bad" and wanted to try and make some money, screwed up and got caught. He may have been ashamed and remorseful. It doesn't necessarily mean that LE is dirty or anything. One advantage to small town living is people know you, and you get second chances. Maybe just a win-win situation for everybody. Everybody makes mistakes, some people learn from them.

He may have gone through some kind of treatment program, did random drug test... it may have been evident that his past was behind him. This happened in 2003 from what I've read. In addition to being in a small town, there may have been enough time passed to establish a different track record. IDK

One thing that is clear to me , if someone is out there with information about what happened to Jessica, they not only have to worry about looking over their shoulder for whoever did this, but their life will, NO DOUBT ABOUT IT, be ran through a sieve on SM. MOO

As for the victom i hope its being in such shock she never felt a thing...but i havnt been on a few days what did i miss i never new she was stabbed ..can you give me a quick update on what we know all i know is she was burnt and died but whispered the perps name to the medic actually i released that info on here but no of nothing new.

BBM - I believe you misunderstood the post above yours. Nothing has been said about JC having been stabbed.

Good points. I'm not experienced in trials and have only watched one, The State vs Jodi Arias, and from that one it has given me the impression that once it gets to trial it is all about the defendant, and the victim gets overlooked a lot. They seem to want most anything thrown out that can be thrown out. So it did freak me out to hear he stopped at the store. Hopefully, you are right and it won't matter.

The thing I question about AA's comments concerns him paraphrasing the sheriff about "they" versus that she was dead at 11. I don't know why the sheriff would have said "They poured gasoline into her mouth" ... why "they" versus "someone." If it's a Freudian slip by AA, it's an interesting one, IMO. (Worse yet, if it's a Freudian slip by the sheriff, obviously.) Why the "they"? Here's the quote (from http://www.newsms.fm/anonymous-othe...dia-gas-station-owner-responds-accusations/):

&#8220;By the time it came to eleven, the police, the sheriff, and everybody come to the store. They said, &#8216;we got to watch the camera.&#8217; I said, &#8216;what happened?&#8217; He said, &#8216;Jessica just died.&#8217; I&#8217;m like, &#8216;Oh my god what happened?&#8217; He said they poured gasoline into her mouth, that&#8217;s how I know, cause the sheriff told me.&#8221;

This won't be a popular angle, but no one has mentioned suicide. I wouldn't have considered death by fire a viable option until I learned of a woman I knew who did it.

After looking at what is known and the hint of deeper issues unknown, I think it is something to be considered. Jessica could have done this alone and it would explain a lot. The car was parked with the brake on and not wrecked. Her phone tossed. Even the extra gas could have been planned so the car would burn/explode. The knock on the head could have come from the initial explosion. I think it is possible she put this in motion.

I've not really thought much about suicide although IMO, it's as likely as anything else proposed.

JMO - The rest of your post is spot on. The head gash, the phone being away from car with cover off and battery nearby, and many other things we think point to a horrific murder could be a result of a violent explosion caused by gas or other accelerant vapors.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member