MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird. The helicopter was there WAITING for her??? Helicopter from Memphis? She was a few miles at most from the church? How long did she languish at the site?? UGLY BIZ. JMO

I may be misunderstanding, but I took that to mean that transport was coordinated such that the helicopter was there to meet the ambulance...ie so that the ambulance didn't have to wait around for the helicopter to land. it was there and ready to receive her. Jmo.

I volunteer at the Regional Library near my home. I work almost exclusively processing donated books. The first thing I had to do was get a complete background check from the Washington State Patrol.

That being said,I also would be interested how Mr. Chambers came to be employed as a mechanic by LE.

I do not feel I am in any way acting pious because of this question. It seems at least to me an obvious question.

MOO

You know what's even closer to Courtland, MS? Selmer, TN. Walking Tall country. Where's Buford Pusser when you need him? OMG I just looked on Wikipedia....he died in a very similar way to the way Jessica did WHAT THE WHAT?

"Pusser died on August 21, 1974 from injuries sustained in a one-car automobile accident. Earlier in the day, Pusser had contracted with Bing Crosby Productions in Memphis to portray himself in the sequel to Walking Tall. That evening, returning home alone from the McNairy County Fair in his specially and powerfully modified Corvette, Pusser struck an embankment at high speed that ejected him from the vehicle. The car caught fire and burned."
I've gotta tell you, when I first read some of the 'unauthorized material' about characters and alleged activities in Jessica's town, Buford Pusser and Walking Tall was the first thing that came to my mind. Not because I think Jessica died in a car crash (many people don't think Pusser did either), but just because of the possible power struggle in a small southern town between those that wish to do bad and those that try to enforce law and how such a struggle opens the door widely to corruption on many levels. JMO

I don't believe this was a wreck. Why would her phone be separated from her battery, or her for that matter? And as someone before me eloquently stated, the FBI doesn't investigate car accidents.

I have to admit it is a little disappointing to come here and find everyone's hands are so tied as to what is permissible in the TOS. It's as ridiculous as the Sheriff saying no case was ever solved due to social media. I can make up a scenario out of pure imagination here but I can't discuss social media revelations? That's disappointing, to say the least.

I can't recall a recent case where we've had sooo many individuals actually stated by LE as outright "ruled-out."

Maybe when everyone else in town is ruled out, only one left is declared the loser. JMO

I volunteer at the Regional Library near my home. I work almost exclusively processing donated books. The first thing I had to do was get a complete background check from the Washington State Patrol.

That being said,I also would be interested how Mr. Chambers came to be employed as a mechanic by LE.

I do not feel I am in any way acting pious because of this question. It seems at least to me an obvious question.

MOO

I have to wonder too because it is such a 'sensitive' position. You have to have a lot of trust in a mechanic that is working on patrol cars. One could do a lot of dangerous things to a car on that position. So it seems odd that someone with recent legal problems would be given that trustworthy job.

Flatfootjoe,

Would the parents/next of kin be abLE to request those results? Would the info be given to the family or just LE during an active investigation?

I'm assuming in an open criminal investigation, regardless of location, those reports will be released only on a need to know basis. The feds are in there now, info starts leaking and heads will roll.

Okay. I missed out on a whole bunch, failing to "read between the lines" and the secret links that aren't allowed to be posted. Good grief. Just googled the "Ray" link and got a back story on this case, and this town, no one would dare believe... I am hesitant to believe it myself and can totally see why the mods only want reputable news sources posted and not the free for all of the Internet where the PhD posts next to the DuMY. All I can say, is thank goodness the FBI (if that is even true) is involved.

The autopsy will show the cause and manner of her death.

Foreign DNA (not Jessica's) analysis will indicate if a second (third, fourth, fifth) party was involved, and with luck, who the other parties might be.

I understand that DNA sequencing can take some time. However, is it possible to identify "foreign dna" meaning it doesn't match with the victim's strand, before sequencing?

Keep in mind that a LOT has been unearthed due to this case. Much may be happening on so many fronts.

Good cop/bad cop is a classic and who says "bad cop" can't be behind a computer screen these days? I wouldn't get too worried about whether the big dog agencies have a handle on everything. The dots to be connected spread far and wide and encompass far more than the one or ones present at and directly responsible for JC's vicious murder.

I'm getting set for a long wait on many charges other than possibly whoever was directly responsible for JC's death.

And I think the major agencies know their business, they just can't reveal their strategies. Patience, patience.

ETA: For short, when the lights were turned on, the roaches scattered. Infestations can be, uhm, complicated.

Those are stacks, usually run on diesels, they can be pretty loud too. Cutouts sound like open headers though, not something I imagine you'd run into these days, cutouts are used on performance engines to reduce exhaust pressure, usually on high performance v8's and it almost requires aggressive valve timing so your exhaust valves actually close. Run a car with open headers for a bit and you'll see why it's not done often. What he heard was probably an off road mudder, or a bike with straight pipes, either way sounds like it was running like a scalded dog.

The ratio of what we know to what we think we know is still breathtakingly small.

Well, not only is this a small town, it also appears city officials and employees are related and/or have records!

I am so glad the FBI and other agencies are in there working on Jessica's case. Otherwise, I truly do not believe her case would be solved. IMO.

The ratio of what we know to what we think we know is still breathtakingly small.
ITA, and add that your comment may be the understatement of the year. [emoji108]

Patience, patience. What has been unearthed so far runs VERY wide and VERY deep on multiple fronts.

Long leash.....

I have to wonder too because it is such a 'sensitive' position. You have to have a lot of trust in a mechanic that is working on patrol cars. One could do a lot of dangerous things to a car on that position. So it seems odd that someone with recent legal problems would be given that trustworthy job.

Agreed, competent, trusted mechanic for motor pool is crucial.

What happened after the arrest? Conviction? Charges dropped? What?
Is it possible that Dad's PCSO employment pre-dates his arrest?
If his employment pre-dated arrest, is it possible chg was dropped and his employment continued?

Sorry, I don't recall date or yr of Jessica's dad's arrest.
JM2cts.

Darkstar105, it's a small world. I attended Central high school in Savannah, TN, with Buford Pusser's daughter. After his death, TN Guv Blanton, issued her a driver's license at the age of 15 to drive his mother to DR appointments. The sign entering Adamsville says, "Welcome to Adamsville TN, home of Buford Pusser; The Sheriff who walked tall, and 1800 other happy people"..

Small world indeed! My grandfather was a cop in northern Alabama and shot a bootlegger! (It was more like the 30's but still...)

There's so many possibilities in this case, it's frustrating to think how many angles law enforcement has to consider here.

Ultimately, I don't think this was necessarily a case where someone carefully planned to try and burn Jessica alive, that was an afterthought in a crime of passion I would imagine.

I think Jessica may have befriended some bad people over the years. She seemed like she was trying to be on the right track but in small towns it's not always easy to sever ties with every bad seed out there.

Whoever did this, I think she trusted them. However when tempers flared, in the midst of an argument did some assault Jessica? Did they suddenly fear the consequences of putting their hands on her?

I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case, and burning the car with her in it was just to cover their tracks.

I understand that investigations take time. But does anyone else feel like local LE and DA hopes everyone just forgets about this case? Or that some other incident, much bigger than this happens somewhere far away from rural mississippi to draw attention away from this case?

I understand that investigations take time. But does anyone else feel like local LE and DA hopes everyone just forgets about this case? Or that some other incident, much bigger than this happens somewhere far away from rural mississippi to draw attention away from this case?

Bingo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member