MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This won't be a popular angle, but no one has mentioned suicide. I wouldn't have considered death by fire a viable option until I learned of a woman I knew who did it.

After looking at what is known and the hint of deeper issues unknown, I think it is something to be considered. Jessica could have done this alone and it would explain a lot. The car was parked with the brake on and not
wrecked. Her phone tossed. Even the extra gas could have been planned so the car would burn/explode. The knock on the head could have come from the initial explosion. I think it is possible she put this in motion.
I highly doubt this. If she was committing suicide, why park close to the fire station? Why take the battery out of the phone?
It is possible, but not likely.
Also, someone near by heard someone speed off with loud pipes.
When I heard that, I thought Firebird or one of those loud trucks that country folk often drive.

Just think about 6 minutes. That's an eternity when you're on fire. May her memory be blessed.

Her last few hours reduce me to tears. 6 seconds would be too long to live after that. I wish I had six seconds with the animal that lit the match.

I see nothing wrong with former criminals, especially non-violent ones, being given a second chance to be a gainfully employed, productive citizen. Jessica's father may be an ace mechanic who would otherwise (re)turn to a life of drugs and crime. His job does not put him in contact with the jail population, prisoners, victims or the general public interacting with law enforcement.

Who better to help him on the (presumed) road to recovery? I don't know when he was purportedly arrested on those charges but the fact that he kept his act together when his older son died two years ago speaks well of him and the people he has chosen to surround himself with, including the deputies of this county.

I have a suspicious mind, just like everyone else here does, but I try not to see evil and corruption and presume that whole groups of people are (gang members, corrupt, part of a big conspiracy, racist, etc.) without first hand knowledge or a determination by a person or group duly authorized to examine the evidence deemed worthy of consideration by our courts.

Our judicial system is not perfect and sometimes I get angry and think "injustice!" but it's the best that any country has ever managed to create before.

(Wonder how many hours until I have to eat those words?)

I agree 100%. If you do the crime, you do the time. And then you should be able to move on. Everyone needs to be able to work and provide for themselves/family. Great post!

(BBM) Interestingly enough, that was the first thing I thought of when I went to the 'street view'. I also posted nearly the same thing, back a few pages. This is why I was wondering if the person who called it in was identified. I don't think it's a far stretch of the imagination at all to consider this person was standing in the woods as this all unfolded.

Do you recall several years ago an arsonist had recorded himself talking into the microphone as he video taped several houses that he had burned? Somehow he had dropped the camera or left it behind and police found the video.

Many things to consider here but I do believe that the location of the burn holds a big piece of the puzzle when it comes to opening the gate on the mind to whoever did this.

BBM I don't recall, I guarantee you though, someone stayed behind to watch. This was a ballsy crime, committed by people accustomed to getting away with murder. Literally.

I am not flatfootjoe, but am aware in a recent scenario where someone I know requested autopsy results and as a parent/spouse, etc. you can request those results, however, in their case the sheriff had to sign off on a release form. There were no suspicious circumstances surrounding this case but they needed the autopsy in order to process life insurance. So I would assume in this particular case the parents could request, however, up to the sheriff if they were released or not and I would think probably not be released with an active investigation.

Flatfootjoe,

Would the parents/next of kin be abLE to request those results? Would the info be given to the family or just LE during an active investigation?

I highly doubt this. If she was committing suicide, why park close to the fire station? Why take the battery out of the phone?
When I heard that, I thought Firebird or one of those loud trucks that country folk often drive.

I don't believe it was a suicide, but I think all angles should be reviewed. But I don't think tge FBI, MBI and ATF would be there if suicide was on the table. They are definitely moving forward with this as a murder/arson. I know the FBI will not come in to investigate a suicide. Heck, the Texas Rangers volunteered their services as well.

I take offense :) My two Firebirds were quiet rumblers, the only noise you heard around them were the other drivers crying as I took their money.

Thank you, roadrunner! I had just wondered if the family would be allowed that bit of closure. As much as I would not want to know the information contained in the report, as a parent...well, I would HAVE to know.

I'm not sure if these things are still available ( I think they are) but I bought a spiffy little Dodge Charger 2.2 in 1981 and it had "glass packs" to make it sound like it was a race car or something. They were pretty loud but I sure thought I was cool at that time.

We can sleuth away in any direction you choose, take your leads from anywhere you choose....we just can't discuss our finds until the right doors open...then one of us brings that information forward for discussion. It is hard to follow TOS sometimes, but I personally don't want to be the one creating victims (bet I spelled that wrong!) . From what I have seen so far this case is leaving a lot of persons exposed already in SM and that may not have been necessary... It can be really frustrating sometimes.

It is where I live, in the winter, or after I clean my car. In the winter, so they don't freeze to the glass, lots of people do this. After I wash my car so they don't leave lines on the windshield, I am anal-retentive as hell and I probably am the only person who does this.

okay, thank you for the local info and more.

I take offense :) My two Firebirds were quiet rumblers, the only noise you heard around them were the other drivers crying as I took their money.
Hahaha, I have just been around some very loud Thunderbirds and Firebirds that have been modified and sound really loud. Mostly by adding different exhaust pipes. Also some that had upwards of 600 hp. It was most likely a big truck though IMO.

Thank you. I already knew that and agree for the most part. The question I asked is what do we sleuth?

The only advice that I can offer Victory, is to be patient and pay very close attention. The answer to your question/s will be obvious in time...
Websleuthers have assisted in solving many crimes and missing persons cases over the years. Many times cases are solved due to the awareness created. The following is an example of a missing endangered female from Athens, GA that WS played a part in solving;

Family's perseverance, social networking led to recovery of missing Athens woman ...
http://onlineathens.com/local-news/...-networking-led-recovery-missing-athens-woman
Athens Banner‑Herald
Ivy Merck poses with her parents and brother after they found the missing UGA grad in Miami ... By Joe Johnson Monday, September 17, 2012

I'm not sure if these things are still available ( I think they are) but I bought a spiffy little Dodge Charger 2.2 in 1981 and it had "glass packs" to make it sound like it was a race car or something. They were pretty loud but I sure thought I was cool at that time.

I'm not a car enthusiast by any means but according to this link you can remove the catalytic converter to increase the noise coming from an exhaust. You can hear them here a lot in cars driven by young males and they want them to sound more powerful. http://www.ehow.com/how_7392451_increase-sound-exhaust.html

I hope it's okay to say this but if anyone is watching/reading the Jessica Chambers hashtag on Twitter...just :eek: at some of the info coming out.

They do until it is determined to be a suicide. The FBI, imo, is there as support for using their various forensic tools/labs. They are not taking lead on this case to my knowledge.

I stand corrected, however they usually aren't called in if there is suspicion of suicide.

A 2.2 is an I4 with a single exhaust, you had a glass pack (lol singular) :) . It's a straight through muffler with very few and poorly placed baffles. It is louder than an average exhaust, but even a mufflerless 4 cylinder wouldn't sound as loud as the witness was making it sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MHPortland