MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
the other thing that has occurred to me but I have not seen really spelled out is this: There has been much talk of federal marshals/drug task force personnel already being onsite in Mississippi... what are the odds that Jessica had been talking extensively to the feds regarding the gangbangers? That would get her killed quicker than anything she could have done.... It also might incite the horrible method of retribution that was brought down.... again, I apologize if this has been covered. I tried to read ALL the previous posts, but surely I have missed some......

That's an interesting point. Were there major drug arrests or gang crimes around the time of Jessica's murder? I don't know.

If not, I doubt drugs or gangs are at the heart of this case because from my limited knowledge, gangs don't usually know who is talking and who isn't nor do they know the identity of members of a task force which I think is usually comprised of multiple agencies. Killing Jessica would not prevent LE from using the information she already provided if indeed she provided anything at all. A gang member wanting to go down for drugs and adding a homicide charge just doesn't make sense to me unless there had been recent arrests. Anybody know?

I am confident that Panola County DID have shortline crews that went outside, because I read where a former sheriff had been tagged for having them install siding on his house. Here where I live, I believe all the county lockups have crews that go out daily.

What does this have to do with this case? If you have main stream media reports that tie this in with this case then your okay. JMO.

as far as the smuggling, it was almost always inside the rectum. They had a dry room at the prison with no running water, as well as a detection chair that they could use if they suspected contraband. the logic behind the dry room was that you had to go sooner or later, and when you did, your contraband was coming out with no way to flush or dispose of it.

I want the dad to be squeaky clean, but he DID have some background in years gone by. I am confident that an investigator would at least give cursory thought to that possibility when considering why Jessica would be so inhumanely murdered.... Please let me know what you think.....

Ranch, did you read my post regarding the father's work with the county Jail? There is obviously a motive behind all of this.... the father's prior trouble regarding manufacturing meth is public record... as I said, I desperately want him to be squeaky clean.....

Ranch, did you read my post regarding the father's work with the county Jail? There is obviously a motive behind all of this.... the father's prior trouble regarding manufacturing meth is public record... as I said, I desperately want him to be squeaky clean.....

I have no idea what your talking about. We need links from main stream media here. Not unsupported accusations.

Hi all.... new member here, but have followed the case intently since it first broke in the news. I have diligently tried to read all the posts regarding this, so as not to plow ground that has already been covered.
<snipped>

:welcome::wagon:

You have great insight about the internal mechanisms operating within the prison system.

:welcome: :fireworks:

SStar33, shortline crew is a work crew who goes out and has a good deal of freedom, working out on public works projects.. as opposed to the old chaingangs which had very little mobility. Shortline crews are loved by gangs both black and white on the inside because when they are out in public, they can go to the bathroom by themselves, take a break outside, etc... all good ways to connect with their supplier... also very easy to find a secret place to tuck the contraband away. They make a tapered packet with baggies, tape, etc. so as to facilitate the smuggling.

as far as the smuggling, it was almost always inside the rectum. They had a dry room at the prison with no running water, as well as a detection chair that they could use if they suspected contraband. the logic behind the dry room was that you had to go sooner or later, and when you did, your contraband was coming out with no way to flush or dispose of it.

I want the dad to be squeaky clean, but he DID have some background in years gone by. I am confident that an investigator would at least give cursory thought to that possibility when considering why Jessica would be so inhumanely murdered.... Please let me know what you think.....

The dad works as a mechanic. I seriously doubt he is risking his job in order to be a drug mule or that his daughter's death had anything to do with drugs or gangs. I just don't see it.

Dad is a victim and we aren't allowed to suggest otherwise. I highly doubt Dad or his past had anything to do with this, nor him being involved in some kind of drug ring. He seemed to have cleaned up his act. It's not like he is working directly with inmates, he is just a mechanic. I would look more towards whoever called Jessica to the "party" or something to do with her being in a shelter and possibly writing a book. Seems VERY personal to me and that wouldn't include a drug mule from jail or an outside crew. JMO

Don't mind me, I'm just killing time till we get the DNA, accelerant, tox reports, etc.
That leaves me time to think about things like car fires. The latest thing I am wondering about is, if ones seat belt is fastened during a car fire, and the fabric belt portion burns away, and the plastic housing of the latch/clip mechanism melts away,....... will the clasp still be buckled?
And while I'm thinking of that, these days a lot of cars are equipped with "retracting" seat belt buckles. They are part of the airbag restraint system. During a jolt with enough impact, the belt "receptacle" will retract about an inch to automatically and with the speed of lightning tighten your seat belt. I would want to know if Jessica's seat belt was fastened and if the retractor retracted. Just because. The investigation may never have to go this far, but these are things that should be found out. I doubt if the electronic boxes survived very well but the airbag module might also say whether or not the bags deployed due to an impact.
With not much else happening. my thoughts turn to the car. Was it in Jessica's name and did her father get it for her, and did he get it from "the department" as in a repro, or unclaimed impoundment? And was he the mechanic on record, and was there recent work done?

Great line of inquiry, thank you for your approach. Those would be good things to know and I've wondered about the same things, but it's hard to tell from the pictures available. IIRC, it was said either in MSM or at some point around the time of her service, that her Dad had gifted her the car. She was very proud of it. It was for turning her life around.

If you're the perp/s who did this, would you stick around or leave the county by now? So, who has left the county or the Courtland, Batesville area precipitously, who may have driven a loud car, and who may have disposed of some clothing with evidence, who either wanted Jessica dead and burned and planned it or just ran into her and burned her to death? If the perp/s stuck around, they would do so due to family and business ties, could do so if nobody but they themselves alone knew of what they did, or anybody and everybody who knows or suspects is too scared to talk, which doesn't wash with me, but it's possible. If this thread is any indication, not to mention SM tangents for obvious reasons, LE has a handful weeding out everybody's favorite suspect. So, almost a month, and Justice for Jessica is no less in demand.

the other thing that has occurred to me but I have not seen really spelled out is this: There has been much talk of federal marshals/drug task force personnel already being onsite in Mississippi... what are the odds that Jessica had been talking extensively to the feds regarding the gangbangers? That would get her killed quicker than anything she could have done.... It also might incite the horrible method of retribution that was brought down.... again, I apologize if this has been covered. I tried to read ALL the previous posts, but surely I have missed some......

Good point, and it makes me wonder when she was in the women's shelter, if they had a program that helps victims report crimes / work with drug task force, etc. Would the shelter have helped her in this way?

If you're the perp/s who did this, would you stick around or leave the county by now? So, who has left the county or the Courtland, Batesville area precipitously, who may have driven a loud car, and who may have disposed of some clothing with evidence, who either wanted Jessica dead and burned and planned it or just ran into her and burned her to death? If the perp/s stuck around, they would do so due to family and business ties, could do so if nobody but they themselves alone knew of what they did, or anybody and everybody who knows or suspects is too scared to talk, which doesn't wash with me, but it's possible. If this thread is any indication, not to mention SM tangents for obvious reasons, LE has a handful weeding out everybody's favorite suspect. So, almost a month, and Justice for Jessica is no less in demand.

My guess is that the majority stick around, especially if it's someone who knew the victim and would be missed. Also, just think about the statistics of killers who return to the scene of the crime or insert themselves into the investigation.

Having said that, I do find the comments made by LF, who says she went fishing the night JC died, to be interesting. She either doesn't have a filter or she was nervous and just couldn't stop talking. And I personally think it's strange that she went to the scene and gave an interview. She acted like she knew JC well but also said that she was really friends with JC's older sister. Then she talks about JC's visits to the Sonic and that she called her "my Sonic baby". Then she makes fun of JC always messing with her eyelashes. I don't know. It is probably nothing but I think she gave way too much detail about how she found out JC had been killed. Then she goes with her sister and their kids to the scene and gives an interview including the information that she had driven past that area the night before. It just makes me wonder what her intentions were.

My guess is that the majority stick around, especially if it's someone who knew the victim and would be missed. Also, just think about the statistics of killers who return to the scene of the crime or insert themselves into the investigation.

Having said that, I do find the comments made by LF, who says she went fishing the night JC died, to be interesting. She either doesn't have a filter or she was nervous and just couldn't stop talking. And I personally think it's strange that she went to the scene and gave an interview. She acted like she knew JC well but also said that she was really friends with JC's older sister. Then she talks about JC's visits to the Sonic and that she called her "my Sonic baby". Then she makes fun of JC always messing with her eyelashes. I don't know. It is probably nothing but I think she gave way too much detail about how she found out JC had been killed. Then she goes with her sister and their kids to the scene and gives an interview including the information that she had driven past that area the night before. It just makes me wonder what her intentions were.

Well put, thank you. The details are extravagant under the circumstances, or maybe just nervous, as you point out. She likes to fish, so maybe she does it to relax? I took the details to be her effort to boost the case for justice and help out her friend, with her sister who was Jessica's contemporary doing the same, then just saying what she knew, but you're right, it could possibly be more, as anonone has been pointing out for days now, in all ways possible.

Or is it any less odd or interesting than claiming to be bumming a cigarette than mentioning Jessica didn't have the right brand. When I first heard that and watched the action on the video, when Jessica is called to the side, the striped guy exists the store, fills the jug, than leaves, just as she bends over to put out her cigarette, I took the person off camera to who called her over to be attempting to distract her from the gas jug striped guy. That guy in the interview says when he looked up he saw Jessica and recognized her, but in the video they never see each other, it seems to me. So when did he see her? After he was in the car leaving with Sandy without her cigarette but gas for the generator or when he dashes off from the pump toward the car? By the time he's at the car, Jessica is in the store. I tried really hard, but I did not notice him look up and over at her at any point.

I find with any of the interviews there's the chance to parse every little bit, but some of it may lead somewhere, some of it doesn't. LE has cleared the cigarette lady and the gas jug striped guy who left with her, but no word yet from other interviews, and no more attempts from people to clear their names besides GM, RT, Shasha, AA, Derrick and Eric.

Did Fowler live on Herron Rd.? If so, I can understand her comments as any fisherman knows Crappie bite best in low light conditions. If not, there is zero reason to take Hurron Rd. to Lake Enid---NONE!

Hi all.... new member here, but have followed the case intently since it first broke in the news. I have diligently tried to read all the posts regarding this, so as not to plow ground that has already been covered. I wonder two things as I speak, and that I have not really seen anybody elucidating upon.....
1. Is there any sense that the father might have run afoul of the gangs, especially because of his work with the sheriff's dept? The reason the thought came to me is this: I have worked with prison crews for extended times in the course of renovating an old historic building in my hometown. I have become very familiar with their M.O. The road and shortline crews are under intense pressure from inside the prison to serve as mules, carrying contraband inside their persons into the prison upon their return from work detail. we had several at various times who were caught with contraband in and on them. One man was caught with two cell phones inside his rectum, supposedly being hired by gangbangers to mule them in. I would never want to slander or malign anyone, but does it seem plausible that Jessica's dad had run afoul of the gangs because of either his refusal to smuggle contraband in, or because he had previously done it and was stopping because of the heat coming down on the prison system due to abuses?

At this point in time, nothing would surprise me. WELCOME interesting thoughts.

Hi all.... new member here, but have followed the case intently since it first broke in the news. I have diligently tried to read all the posts regarding this, so as not to plow ground that has already been covered. I wonder two things as I speak, and that I have not really seen anybody elucidating upon.....
1. Is there any sense that the father might have run afoul of the gangs, especially because of his work with the sheriff's dept? The reason the thought came to me is this: I have worked with prison crews for extended times in the course of renovating an old historic building in my hometown. I have become very familiar with their M.O. The road and shortline crews are under intense pressure from inside the prison to serve as mules, carrying contraband inside their persons into the prison upon their return from work detail. we had several at various times who were caught with contraband in and on them. One man was caught with two cell phones inside his rectum, supposedly being hired by gangbangers to mule them in. I would never want to slander or malign anyone, but does it seem plausible that Jessica's dad had run afoul of the gangs because of either his refusal to smuggle contraband in, or because he had previously done it and was stopping because of the heat coming down on the prison system due to abuses?

BBM

Welcome robsteros41 and thanks for that.

Hi and welcome. I've worked with inmates and my purse and sometimes me were searched every time I went thru the sally port. I think Jessica's dad is a mechanic with the sheriff's dept. and I doubt he interacts much with prisoners in the jail but even if he does, a gang is not going to use an LE employee to try to smuggle in contraband. The LE employee would be fired and the prisoner sent up the river, sotospeak.

JMO

I dont mean to call you out on this but NO NO :) how do you think inmates get things, its not outsiders, for the most part, Ive had a lot of friends who have worked for the County its usually the employees, the smaller the jail it is seems to make it easier too!

I dont mean to call you out on this but NO NO :) how do you think inmates get things, its not outsiders, for the most part, Ive had a lot of friends who have worked for the County its usually the employees, the smaller the jail it is seems to make it easier too!

Any employee who is dumb enough to risk their job smuggling contraband INTO a jail is likely destined to become a resident themselves. Just sayin.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member