MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds an awful lot like victim bashing to me. JMO

This is a very serious accusation.

my daughter, cheerleader and Jessica, cheerleader. Check.

I think the culture at South Panola, a nationally ranked high school for football and cheerleading, is just a tad bit different than other schools (unless your daughter attended a similar school, e.g., nationally ranked and consistently attending the national competition in Orlando every year). SFE

my daughter sought shelter to get away, Jessica, sought shelter to get away. Check.

I was completely unaware that is why Jessica went to Leah's House. Please provide an MSM link.

What exactly are you saying JC "seems to have done" that would be indicative of willingness to walk alone into a bar in another small town?

"Family friends Miranda and Mark Brown are planning a benefit for Jessica Friday evening at the Backwoods Bar and Grill. 'I think it said 500 something people coming on Facebook, so we're hoping to have it packed,' the Browns said."

If family friends are having a fundraiser at Backwoods, I think maybe they chose that location because perhaps Jessica and her family may have gone there. With the given $14 in gas purchased, any location within that radius is fair game for any hypothesis. There was absolutely no insinuation that Jessica sought to go to a bar alone in a different town. Perhaps it was a meeting place? Perhaps Jessica and her family went to Backwoods often that the owners or regulars had a nickname for her?

And you asked for a link to Backwoods, here you go . . .

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/story/27610290/scammers-take-advantage-of-jessica-chambers-family

To address your main thesis,
Sounds an awful lot like victim bashing to me. JMO

I think projection is the appropriate description. JMO

Sorry that was not ok to post. Hope I don't get TO'd, but I thought it was ok because <modsnip>

Sorry that was not ok to post. Hope I don't get TO'd, but I thought it was ok because they are all POIs in the case.
No, it's not okay unless you have an appropriate (MSM) link. SM (Twitter) doesn't cut it, and I'm pretty sure you know that. Further, NO ONE has been named a POI...repeat NO ONE.

No, it's not okay unless you have an appropriate (MSM) link. SM (Twitter) doesn't cut it, and I'm pretty sure you know that. Further, NO ONE has been named a POI...repeat NO ONE.

To be clearer, what was on twitter is their mugshots with the date of 1/9/15 but I don't know the website to find those. If I find the mugshots, would those be ok to post?

Also aren't people who have been questioned in the case POIs?

To be clearer, what was on twitter is their mugshots with the date of 1/9/15 but I don't know the website to find those. If I find the mugshots, would those be ok to post?

Also aren't people who have been questioned in the case POIs?
At least 100 have been questioned. That alone does not make any of them POI's.

If you find a mugshot or arrest record, you can LINK to it. DO NOT post the images or copy and paste the text here.

Gather your belongings and prepare to move over to a new thread. This one will close in ten minutes.

Thanks.

I'm new here and this is only my 2nd or 3rd post so bear with me if this is a big "duh" post.
The caller possibly knows the fire chief and wanted to remain anonymous. While working as a reporter at a small town newspaper in Mississippi I had a rapport with the sheriff, deputies, fire chief, etc. I mentioned to the fire chief shady neighbors that stunk up my neighborhood burning furniture among other things-which is illegal in the city limits. I didn't report it because I didn't want trouble with them. He gave me his cell phone number, assured me I would remain anonymous. They don't burn their trash anymore.
My town is small but much bigger than Courtland, which in IMO, makes it even more likely someone would feel comfortable calling a fire chief rather than a fire department.

Welcome to the forum!

I have my local sheriff's department phone number logged into my cell in the #1 position for the sole purpose of calling that department before calling 911. My reasoning is: If I determine upon coming upon something which I immediately deem as not "life threatening" (such as vandalism, or a trash fire along the side of the road), I will phone that department rather than involve the bureaucracy of a 911 "emergency call".

Also involved in my reasoning is: A call to 911 communication center will involve the operator at that center sending an alert to my city respondents simultaneously with all county respondents. On the other hand, if I call the sheriff's department first, I bypass that operator, go directly to the county respondent who is closer to the scene of whatever I am seeing, and that operator will be quicker to alert my county fire department and mobile, county, LE units if he determines that my phone call is as relevant to my immediate position as I state it to him.

Lastly, involved in my thinking on this subject, is the fact that I do not feel my 911 Emergency bureaucracy is as proficient as my local sheriff's department; and I know that the sheriff's department operator will alert 911 anyway if he feels that it is necessary.

So what I am saying here is that I believe that the person who notified Chief Haley was a person who considered that the proximity of Jessica's car fire to the Courtland Volunteer Fire Department was perhaps a quicker call to the Chief than a call to the 911 Communication Center. It also implies that this caller was very familiar with the local area: Courtland's Volunteer Fire Department station was less than a mile away.

This is a very serious accusation.

I think the culture at South Panola, a nationally ranked high school for football and cheerleading, is just a tad bit different than other schools (unless your daughter attended a similar school, e.g., nationally ranked and consistently attending the national competition in Orlando every year). SFE

I was completely unaware that is why Jessica went to Leah's House. Please provide an MSM link.

"Family friends Miranda and Mark Brown are planning a benefit for Jessica Friday evening at the Backwoods Bar and Grill. 'I think it said 500 something people coming on Facebook, so we're hoping to have it packed,' the Browns said."

If family friends are having a fundraiser at Backwoods, I think maybe they chose that location because perhaps Jessica and her family may have gone there. With the given $14 in gas purchased, any location within that radius is fair game for any hypothesis. There was absolutely no insinuation that Jessica sought to go to a bar alone in a different town. Perhaps it was a meeting place? Perhaps Jessica and her family went to Backwoods often that the owners or regulars had a nickname for her?

And you asked for a link to Backwoods, here you go . . .

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/story/27610290/scammers-take-advantage-of-jessica-chambers-family

To address your main thesis,

I think projection is the appropriate description. JMO

So a fundraiser is planned at this place and from that you get that jessica may have went there to get a drink or a bite to eat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webberry