MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Having gone back and read from page 1 of this thread, looking for "something" that didn't fit, one thing jumped out.

Fire Chief Cole Haley is the one who received the call on his personal cell reporting the car fire. Therefore, no recording. We do not actually know what was said. This raises big questions for me??

Second, the fire chief sees Jessica first and reports she said names to him, however, he only reports name sounds like Eric.

So here we have one person with the only two pieces of critical information available on this case, and there is no proof to back him up!

Something seems wrong in this case! I did not like Chief Haley's interview and mannerism. Then latter he tells us the caller had been cleared that made the call about the fire. My hunky meter is not settling down over this scenario. Something does not fit! Any ideas to go with my ideas?

I wish we knew how many times, in the past months, people called his cell to report a fire!

IDK. Can you think of a scenario where there would be proof of what Jessica said? The Fire Chief is there alone with her.

You raise some interesting points.

The fire chief had the ability to direct suspicions from the beginning... Perhaps everything he said and observed is true, but there is no one to back up his statements. If he had prior knowledge of the event, or knew who was involved in the event, sending LE and or the rest of the community on a wild goose chase for one of the(....eric(k))'s would skew the investigation from the beginning. Everyone would be going down rabbit holes, including the "usual" suspects, with their own theories and accusations, and the real perpetrators could watch from the peanut gallery. JUST MY OPINION

The fire chief had the ability to direct suspicions from the beginning... Perhaps everything he said and observed is true, but there is no one to back up his statements. If he had prior knowledge of the event, or knew who was involved in the event, sending LE and or the rest of the community on a wild goose chase for one of the(....eric(k))'s would skew the investigation from the beginning. Everyone would be going down rabbit holes, including the "usual" suspects, with their own theories and accusations, and the real perpetrators could watch from the peanut gallery. JUST MY OPINION

And there was no recorded 911 call, so no record of who called it in, nor what was initially reported. Pretty nifty.

Charlotte Wilkerson talked to Jessica on her Cell phone that night.
Charlotte is the only one who claims Jessica was at a party and said that what happened to her occurred after she left.
One of the people of interest, Eric Bibbs, lives within easy walking distance of the crime scene. Coincidence?

Remember...Jessica was supposed to have whispered a name that sounded like Eric, or Derrick.

BBM. It's wildly unfortunate that the sheer amount of names and aliases that sound like erik or derrick in that vicinity alone could encompass a month long investigation. No exaggeration, the variants of a bastardized version of the errick which coincide are voluminous.

I'm not certain she attended a party, I'm not certain if she had, that it poses any bearing on the case. I am certain that how she was dressed has no reflection on whether or not she attended a party. We aren't talking about a formal cotillion. Any impromptu gathering could be a "party" It could be important for establishing a timeline, or a motive if you're of the mind that this wasn't planned days in advance. I'd like to know where it was, if it happened, and who was present, but I have 100 other questions I'd like the answers for first.

And there was no recorded 911 call, so no record of who called it in, nor what was initially reported. Pretty nifty.

" Haley said “the tone came down” — that is, he received a signal about the burning car while he was on his way back to his station from responding to an earlier house fire."

I have yet to see anything beyond speculation that the chief was called directly. The quote above seems to contradict that theory.

I'm not sure that the source that came from is an MSM approved site, but I do know I've seen it in more than one location.

" Haley said “the tone came down” — that is, he received a signal about the burning car while he was on his way back to his station from responding to an earlier house fire."

I have yet to see anything beyond speculation that the chief was called directly. The quote above seems to contradict that theory.

I'm not sure that the source that came from is an MSM approved site, but I do know I've seen it in more than one location.

I always carried a pager. When a call came out I was automatically paged. I don't really see an issue with him receiving a direct call unless that was the only call made about the incident...that is highly irregular.
An incident report would have to show at what time 911 received a call and tapes from the 911 Center would have to be made available for any court proceedings. If there were none.....I think heads would roll!

I always carried a pager. When a call came out I was automatically paged. I don't really see an issue with him receiving a direct call unless that was the only call made about the incident...that is highly irregular.
An incident report would have to show at what time 911 received a call and tapes from the 911 Center would have to be made available for any court proceedings. If there were none.....I think heads would roll!

I've seen too many MSM articles saying the 911 caller was identified("somehow") and cleared, to believe a 911 call didn't come in. A dispatch tone being received just goes further to confirm that. As multiple various posters have already offered in this thread, 911 calls in MS are not a matter of public record. The call is not going to be made public until trial, maybe not even then or ever. Now they may have called Chief Cole as well, but he would have already have gotten the "tone" by then, indicating 911 had already dispatched.

Fully agree on the last point, but I'm fairly certain that's not how it played.

:eek:fftobed:

If you look at it from the passenger side..it reads the other way, with the N going toward the front.
How do we determine which side of the truck is pictured?

I just had a chilling thought...
What if the claim of a party was a ruse to get Jessica to a location where events surrounding her death began to unfold.
It wouldn't be the first time this was done to lure people into danger.

YEP. I suggested a while ago that possibly Sha Sha was unknowingly USED to direct JC to a "party" which was really a decoy party to harm her and subsequently end her life. Sha Sha may not have known that it was a decoy, but realized it afterwards and feels guilty. Seems that EVERYONE knows ShaSha and she is who JC visited with often(according to Lisa), since she lives across the street from Lisa and JC. Just some thoughts. JMO

I like your thoughts... ;)
I wish someone would explain why Haley got the call on his personal cell.
Why didn't the caller call 911?
Who thinks --- hey, Ill call the fire chief on his cell and not 911 to report a fire? :thinking:
i know it's likely LE confidential info but I wonder if the chief's phone records were examined for info regarding the person who reported the fire? WHO REPORTED THE FIRE>
Until it is established whether the call came in via 911 or directly to Cole Hale's cell or pager, my thoughts on the caller are that .......possibly........it was a volunteer firefighter who had just left the previous fire and was on his way home.

Until it is established whether the call came in via 911 or directly to Cole Hale's cell or pager, my thoughts on the caller are that .......possibly........it was a volunteer firefighter who had just left the previous fire and was on his way home.

Or, a personal friend of Haley??? JMO

MyBell, I seem to have struck some nerve with you, how and why I am unsure. I do apologize if I have offended you in any way. That would never be something that I would intentionally do. I have been agreeing with you this throughout this entire dialogue that yes, a roundtrip to Sardis is not likely. I only stated that I had not ruled it out. There are a lot of things that I have not ruled out at this point.

Regarding the timeline and evidence, yes, we do have evidence of where she was last seen at the M&M, and where she was found, Heron Rd, but the time frame in between those two is what I am curious about, as it could possibly lead me in the right direction of figuring out the who/what/when's that are bothering me so much about this case.

Regarding your daughter, I will not bring her up again, and I sincerely apologize that my commending her strength in leaving and your openness with sharing to us, offended you in some way. It is a sensitive subject and I should have been more attentive with my words. I was coming from a good place, thanking you for bringing up a topic that is not spoken of much, yet most of us can directly relate to. I never meant to misconstrue your words or imply an ongoing struggle, I was referring what you had mentioned in the past tense, as it was over and in the past, not as being of multiple struggles. I suppose the 's' could have been taken either way. I will be more punctilious in the future.

Finally, I have no idea why the Backwoods Bar and Grill was mentioned either... would have to ask the member who initiated the convo.

:peace:

We do have a timeline and evidence where she was seen and found. She wasn't seen at any bar. A roundtrip to Sardis would take at least 40 minutes and it was in the opposite direction of where she was found on Herron Rd.

I never said my daughter struggles with domestic violence. I said she had an abusive boyfriend as a teenager. She sought help and got it. Just as did Jessica, according to her parent. To assume a teenager who has experienced an abusive boyfriend will then buy gas and drive 20 miles to eat alone in a bar in another town isn't logical. I don't believe Jessica would place herself in such a situation. If she was hungry, the Sonic she was so fond of in Batesville (according to LF) was much closer.

I have no idea why a bar in Sardis was mentioned as a possible location on this forum when it has NEVER been mentioned by LE or Jessica's family. It falls into the category of rumor-mongering, imo.

IDK. Can you think of a scenario where there would be proof of what Jessica said? The Fire Chief is there alone with her.

You raise some interesting points.

MOO

I am recalling a post with a link that referred to there as being multiple first responders, with Haley going to assist JC, and the others going to tend to the car fire. Maybe they all heard her speak, and if so, it will all come out eventually-hopefully at a trial. I'll do some digging in a bit and see if I can find the reference for you.

Added Reference: http://www.people.com/article/missi...death-jessica-chambers-told-police-who-did-it
~Not sure if this helps or not, but this article states, "Deputies in Mississippi responded to a call on Saturday about a burning car and found Jessica on fire outside her black 2005 Kia Rio. "She had her hands up," says Chambers. "One of the paramedics took his coat off and placed it around her." By them stating 'one of the paramedics', this could be indicative of multiple responders.

Such a shame all the rumors that have been added to this case. No links, just open suggestions to B.S. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018