MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No evidence/arrest record could just mean that someone was never caught.

Buying drugs from a gang member is a crime.

And, you don't have to be a gang member to sell drugs.

Buying drugs from anyone is illegal. For Jessica's death to be tied to a gang, she herself needs a tie to the gang to begin with. Something more than just dating a guy who is in a gang. The rest of the gang isn't going to retaliate as a group just because they break up.

JMO

Is it 43thousand if your info leads to the arrest and conviction? Or just a good lead? JMO

and how did AA know that info at 11PM the night it happened?

My opinion is this sounds like the game of telephone we played as kidlets.

Sometimes all it takes is for someone to make a random statement and it gets repeated. It could have been something as simple as overhearing something and misunderstanding it or not knowing the full content surrounding the statement.

EMT says to partner/police/hospital radio (and is overheard by Person A): "her breath smells like lighter fluid, nail polish remover, helium" - to me, I don't know how they could distinguish her breath odor from surrounding fire odors, but presumably professionals who've experienced it would know.

Person A hears it correctly and repeats it as fact when it's just someone's conjecture.
Person A could have misheard something and repeated it as fact.
Person A could have heard correctly and put their own interpretation to it and repeated it as fact.
Person A could be thinking something, then overhear something they thinks confirms their own theory and repeats it as fact.
Person A may something that nobody else knew and thought they'd be safe in repeating it as though they heard it at the scene.

Person B could have misheard and repeated it as fact. Many opportunities for mistakes.

He claimed LE told him and nobody has disputed his claim afaik. If LE knew this by 11 PM, I have to wonder if the source of their information was Jessica herself.

that is the ONLY thing that makes sense. but why would LE spill that info to AA?

I am really, really glad to see the reward $$$ has been upped - that's a positive sign that this case is NOT forgotten and that the authorities are serious about solving it.

Here's hoping that as a little more time passes that someone out there who may know something crucial is swayed by the offer and does the right thing. I think that's how this case will be broken - and perhaps additional DNA/physical evidence will support it, but the right witness could more readily open that door.

Fingers crossed, y'all.

I've never thought gangs were responsible because there has been no evidence Jessica herself was involved in gang activity or gang-related crime, such as selling drugs.

JMO

what's your running theory then?
I flip flop between gangs and a personal vendetta. even JC's friends think it's someone local she trusted.
on that note, if JC had the family and relational troubles that have been insinuated, how could she have been as trusting as people say she was, seeing the best in everyone? she would have some PTSD if she had experienced much of what has been alluded to.

The thing about the reward being upped is this...if someone can give the information anonymously and not be asked to testify in any trial that may come, then I do think 43K may be enough to get some of these shakier characters to talk. However, if they think they may have to testify in a trial, I am not sure 43K is nearly enough. And I guess whether or not they would be asked to testify would depend on the strength of their info and whether it could be independently verified without their presence in court. JMO

ETA It is pretty sad that money would have to be the motivator that would get anyone with information to talk. :(

smiley-whistle_zps510f2ae6.gif

:freakedout::freakedout: NOOOO...just NO! We CANNOT sleuth and post images of every criminal and RSO on the internet.

Now that the FBI has added a $25,000 to the reward increasing it to $43,000 the person to look at for all the answers is someone who would be impressed with $43,000 do you not agree? Otherwise the FBI runs the risk of appearing like fools.

I truly believe that AA has all the answers.

At one point I may have agreed with you, but I have since come to believe that while he may indeed have heard some talk, and may have a pretty good idea who MIGHT do something like that, he probably doesn't know any more than countless other people in that town. JMO

Personally, I don't think there is any amount of money that someone will risk their life for. Just do not see any of the people we have discussed, or others, coming forward. The murder(s) have locked down that area showing what they can do. IMO.

One of the legal branches working this case is going to have to come up with a better idea than money. I cannot see the witness protection program working as the culture the people in this town have grown up in will not be transferable to another area. Sorry, but facts have to be faced! IMO

Personally, I don't think there is any amount of money that someone will risk their life for. Just do not see any of the people we have discussed, or others, coming forward. The murder(s) have locked down that area showing what they can do. IMO.

One of the legal branches working this case is going to have to come up with a better idea than money. I cannot see the witness protection program working as the culture the people in this town have grown up in will not be transferable to another area. Sorry, but facts have to be faced! IMO

Money talks....and the FBI knows this. I agree, that some people will not want to risk their own life for 43k, but trust and believe that kind of money is like a million dollars to some folks. I personally think it will work. Fingers crossed.
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member