MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I truly believe that AA has all the answers.

I personally do not believe that.

IMO, Auntie Sha-Sha has all the answers. IMO, LE is going to keep trying to lock her down until they can either entice her with enough money or charge her with something that carries a hefty sentence where she would most likely want to negotiate for a
lesser sentence in exchange for information regarding this murder. KWIM?

Money talks....and the FBI knows this. I agree, that some people will not want to risk their own life for 43k, but trust and believe that kind of money is like a million dollars to some folks. I personally think it will work. Fingers crossed.
JMO

A kid maybe ... if a kid knew something and had some proof of it on their cell phone. It's a stretch. Maybe someone who was involved but didn't know they were involved.

Personally, I don't think there is any amount of money that someone will risk their life for. Just do not see any of the people we have discussed, or others, coming forward. The murder(s) have locked down that area showing what they can do. IMO.

One of the legal branches working this case is going to have to come up with a better idea than money. I cannot see the witness protection program working as the culture the people in this town have grown up in will not be transferable to another area. Sorry, but facts have to be faced! IMO

I respectfully disagree with second to last sentence.

This is pretty much in line with what I was thinking and posted last night in the poll. We don't know if accelerant was poured down Jessica's throat or not. Despite statements from Ben Chambers and Ali A, official statements are not confirming (actually, denying) that it happened (thank you, bessie, for the links). I was simply stating last night that IF it turns out accelerant was poured in her mouth, and that her death was an act of revenge or a warning, the message of This is what happens to people who talk would be frighteningly clear. I was trying to think of what motive a person could possibly have for doing something so horrific (as if setting somebody on fire isn't horrific enough).

Just an opinion based on a possible theory. That's all.

Yep, I read what you wrote in the poll section right after I wrote this here. I couldn't remember whether anyone had suggested this idea yet so I decided to do so. To me, the accelerant down the throath has a deeper meaning/objective than just provoking the death (if it did happen that way, of course).

what's your running theory then?
I flip flop between gangs and a personal vendetta. even JC's friends think it's someone local she trusted.
on that note, if JC had the family and relational troubles that have been insinuated, how could she have been as trusting as people say she was, seeing the best in everyone? she would have some PTSD if she had experienced much of what has been alluded to.

All along I've held the opinion that Jessica's killer was motivated by retaliation and revenge that involved a personal relationship. But it also smacks of a set-up by someone wanting to pin her murder on a gang rather than on specific individuals.

JMO

He claimed LE told him and nobody has disputed his claim afaik. If LE knew this by 11 PM, I have to wonder if the source of their information was Jessica herself.

I can't wait to find out what JC told them because IMO she told them 'something' and LE ran with that information. JMO

A kid maybe ... if a kid knew something and had some proof of it on their cell phone. It's a stretch. Maybe someone who was involved but didn't know they were involved.

Kid or adult. Someone that's financially struggling, IMO, would take into consideration that kind of money. JMO

At one point I may have agreed with you, but I have since come to believe that while he may indeed have heard some talk, and may have a pretty good idea who MIGHT do something like that, he probably doesn't know any more than countless other people in that town. JMO

One cultural trait all small towns in the deep south seem to have is an incredible distrust of "outsiders." He is an outsider and always will be and for that reason alone I think he doesn't know any more than you or I know.

One cultural trait all small towns in the deep south seem to have is an incredible distrust of "outsiders." He is an outsider and always will be and for that reason alone I think he doesn't know any more than you or I know.

I absolutely agree with that.

All along I've held the opinion that Jessica's killer was motivated by retaliation and revenge that involved a personal relationship. But it also smacks of a set-up by someone wanting to pin her murder on a gang rather than on specific individuals.

JMO

Interesting point of view. Very interesting. Since there have been some gang-realted deaths in the area, the perps would have known that the attention would first be directed to gangs. Very logical.

Personally, I don't think there is any amount of money that someone will risk their life for. Just do not see any of the people we have discussed, or others, coming forward. The murder(s) have locked down that area showing what they can do. IMO.

One of the legal branches working this case is going to have to come up with a better idea than money. I cannot see the witness protection program working as the culture the people in this town have grown up in will not be transferable to another area. Sorry, but facts have to be faced! IMO

I disagree. The culture has been transferred to other towns for over a century. St. Louis and Chicago were flooded with poor, southern workers before the turn of the 20th Century. The railroads, Mississippi River and Illinois shipping canal made that happen. Upping a reward so that it surpasses what some residents make in an entire year is going to be quite an incentive, imo.

When I was 19 and healthy (many moons ago) I don't know, but I think it would be pretty hard for one person to pour lighter fluid down my mouth and up my nose unless I was knocked out. I was skinny then, but strong as an ox.

When I was 19 and healthy (many moons ago) I don't know, but I think it would be pretty hard for one person to pour lighter fluid down my mouth and up my nose unless I was knocked out. I was skinny then, but strong as an ox.

But we have no other reason to believe she was knocked out. All the discrepancies in this case him to come from one source. But why?

I believe it was flatfootjoe who first said, "It would take a psychopath to do this."

I agree with that. And it's hard to believe this would be the first time they played with fire.

JMO

Agree with the first part. Not sure on the second.

But we have no other reason to believe she was knocked out. All the discrepancies in this case him to come from one source. But why?

I believe it was flatfootjoe who first said, "It would take a psychopath to do this."

I agree with that. And it's hard to believe this would be the first time they played with fire.

I believe she had a gash to the head from being knocked out. I think that is how she was overpowered. Is the killer a psychopath? Could be. Our death rows are heavily populated by psychopaths.

I really think this case may never be solved as its solution would expose the investigation's early mistakes. It may be deemed more important to preserve the official status quo than it would to look honestly at what actually took place.

In Mississippi choking bumps up simple assault from a misdemeanor to a felony so I’d be more than surprised if LE doesn’t know the who, when, where, how and why regarding the incident in the M&M parking lot-if it occurred. They’d need is a witness and/or video footage to make an arrest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abberline vs Edmund Reid