IL IL - Kierra Coles, 27, pregnant, Chicago, 2 Oct 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
They were. I don't know if it's still in effect.
Unsure about the reward from USPS however based on an article from March 2023 (last year) there is still a reward in place from activists.
"Activists raised the reward money to $68,000 for information on the whereabouts of Kierra Coles, who was last seen on Oct. 2, 2018 near 83rd and King Drive. Coles’ car was found parked on her block with her purse and cell phone still inside."

Link to article here: Nearly $70K reward offered in disappearance of pregnant postal worker Kierra Coles.

This year will be six years and the people who did this to her are out there living their lives scot-free.

Hopefully this year will be the year she can be found and the perps arrested.
This really upsets me. I tried to get a high profile African-American journalist interested in Kierra’s case, but was ignored. Shocking that this one didn’t care.

JUL 27, 2024
1440wrok.com

Have You Seen Her? Authorities Still Searching For Kierra Coles From Chicago Illinois

Kierra Coles was a United States Postal Carrier at the time of her disappearance in Chicago, Illinois. Authorities are still searching for her. Have you seen Kierra?

On October 2nd, 2018, Kierra had called off work for the next day. On October 3rd, her car was found near her apartment by an unknown person. Inside her car, authorities found her purse, cell phone, and lunch bag. She was also three months pregnant at the time of her disappearance.

JUL 27, 2024
1440wrok.com

Have You Seen Her? Authorities Still Searching For Kierra Coles From Chicago Illinois

Kierra Coles was a United States Postal Carrier at the time of her disappearance in Chicago, Illinois. Authorities are still searching for her. Have you seen Kierra?

On October 2nd, 2018, Kierra had called off work for the next day. On October 3rd, her car was found near her apartment by an unknown person. Inside her car, authorities found her purse, cell phone, and lunch bag. She was also three months pregnant at the time of her disappearance.
Oh my gosh, can you believe it's coming up on 6 long years?

Thanks for posting this reminder Pommy, Kierra and Baby Coles deserve justice as well as the poor families who have never given up on finding her.

May the truth be found.

#Justice4Kierra&BabyColes

I am interested in how Kiera "called off" for work, email? Did she actually speak to someone? The timeline may be completely off, if she had days off prior to "calling off" from work.

What a coincidence that the father of her baby moved out of the area within days of Kiera's disappearance.

I am interested in how Kiera "called off" for work, email? Did she actually speak to someone? The timeline may be completely off, if she had days off prior to "calling off" from work.

What a coincidence that the father of her baby moved out of the area within days of Kiera's disappearance.
BBM interesting isn't it?

My husband is a mail carrier so I know a little bit about this. The only "official" way to call out of work in 2018 would have been using the call in hotline. It's an automated phone tree and you need the employee ID number to get it to work. Her employee ID number could have been found on a paystub or work ID though. Nowadays there is a website you can use to call out but back then the phone hotline was the only option.

That being said, many stations use unofficial means such as calling or texting a supervisor. According to FedsDataCenter, she was a city carrier assistant (CCA). CCAs are non-career employees. They don't have a set route, they fill in as needed throughout the city they're stationed in and sometimes even in neighboring towns. CCAs are more likely to use the unofficial means of calling in but it really depends on the area and what is the norm there.

Also, considering that she was a CCA, she probably had very few days off. Most CCAs are scheduled to work every day and often work 50-60 hour weeks and sometimes even up to 80 hours a week in peak seasons. October is just before the peak starts though so maybe there would have been a lull that allowed for a day off for every CCA.

Just a theory, far fetched as it may seem: Could the individual (s) responsible for Kierra's disappearance kept her somewhere secret, let her have her baby then did the unspeakable to her while giving or selling the child away?
Idk. I'm not married to this theory. Just thinking out-keyboard.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shevet
Back