IL IL - Kierra Coles, 27, pregnant, Chicago, 2 Oct 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"During the course of that night, Kierra entered her residence in the 8100-block of South Vernon," Lieutenant Svilar said. "A man who police identified as a person of interest also arrived and entered the residence. Kierra and the man later got into her car and drove off with Kierra in the driver's seat."

Minutes later, Kierra was seen on the surveillance video using the ATM.

Police said less than an hour later, that same vehicle was seen parking in another area of the city. The person of interest gets out of the passenger side of the car, but no one exited the driver's side.

"The next day, the person of interest is seen parking Kierra's vehicle near her residence before entering the building and exiting with unknown items," Svilar said.

The man was then seen driving off in his vehicle parked on the street overnight.

When he was questioned, police said he gave varying accounts of the last time he saw her.

So it sounds to me like the police have a POI/suspect. Wonder what's up with that.

DEC 30, 2022

Kierra Coles
  • Chicago, Illinois
  • Went Missing: Oct. 2, 2018
Kierra-Coles.jpg

Kierra Coles has not been seen since Oct. 2, 2018. (Courtesy, Coles family)

Kierra Coles, 26, was three months pregnant and excited for a new beginning when she disappeared from Chicago’s South Side. She had saved up for her own car, which was found Oct. 2, 2018, half a block away from her home. Inside the car, investigators found Coles’ prenatal bag, a packed lunch and cellphone. Coles’ mother, Karen Phillips, called police to do a well-being check after not being able to get in touch with her daughter Oct. 3. They found out she wasn’t there, and Phillips made a missing persons report.

This year, the Chicago Police Department released the last known video of Coles. It shows her walking into her apartment, then leaving her home hours later in a car with a man. CPD said in an email to NewsNation that there have not been any updates in Coles’ case since. At the time she went missing, Coles had a steady job and apartment. “I know she’d be a wonderful mother,” Phillips said.

Anyone with information about the disappearance of Kierra Coles should call the Chicago Police at 833-408-0069 or 312-746-7330 or online at CPDtip.com.

MAR 7

CHICAGO (CBS) -- Family and friends of a missing postal worker want the FBI to get involved in the case.

They're holding a prayer vigil Tuesday morning to demand more action in the search for Kierra Coles.

Family and friends plan to increase the $45,000 reward for information to find Coles.

MAR 7

CHICAGO (CBS) -- Family and friends of a missing postal worker want the FBI to get involved in the case.

They're holding a prayer vigil Tuesday morning to demand more action in the search for Kierra Coles.

Family and friends plan to increase the $45,000 reward for information to find Coles.

What does it take to get the FBI involved? They must be pretty sure they know who did it

The mother of Chicago postal worker Kierra Coles, who mysteriously vanished more than four years ago, is hoping the FBI will take the lead in the search for her daughter.

Coles was about three months pregnant with her first child when she disappeared on Oct. 2, 2018, according to her mother, Karen Phillips.

“One minute I want to scream and holler, I want to cry all day,” she told ABC News. “But I know I have to keep going, because I still have to live my life and pay my bills. But it’s just so stressful. Sometimes I don’t even want to get up — I just want to sleep all day.”

MAR 8, 2023
Mom of missing postal worker Kierra Coles wants FBI’s help: ‘I’m never gonna stop looking’ | Western Iowa Today
[...]

Phillips said Wednesday, “I’m hoping the FBI can get us a conviction, or maybe find something that the [Chicago] police hasn’t found. … Working with just the [Chicago] police, it’s getting nowhere.”

She said she hopes answers will bring her “some type of closure.”

Chicago police, who classify the 26-year-old’s disappearance as an open and cold case, has not responded to ABC News’ request for comment on Phillips wanting the FBI to join the investigation.

The FBI would not comment on this case directly, but a spokesperson said, in general, “The FBI is always willing to work with law enforcement partners to the greatest extent possible to provide critical resources on local cases.”

[...]

No body, no evidence. I am pretty sure that LEO "knows" who did this...but I doubt that the police were even able to talk to the person, after all, if LEO doesn't put you under arrest, you do not need to even speak with LEO. No evidence, no arrest. Especially in the case of an adult, just because an adult is missing, left everything, never contacted family members, there is still an outside chance she just decided to leave. Unprobable? Yes, but it can't be completely ruled out, unless the body is found. Or evidence of a crime.

It is frustrating. I feel sorry for her family.

No body, no evidence. I am pretty sure that LEO "knows" who did this...but I doubt that the police were even able to talk to the person, after all, if LEO doesn't put you under arrest, you do not need to even speak with LEO. No evidence, no arrest. Especially in the case of an adult, just because an adult is missing, left everything, never contacted family members, there is still an outside chance she just decided to leave. Unprobable? Yes, but it can't be completely ruled out, unless the body is found. Or evidence of a crime.

It is frustrating. I feel sorry for her family.
There are so many cases like that here, where they pretty much know who did it, but cannot go near them

I have to wonder, if is refraining from putting pressure on a suspect(s) in the hopes that said suspects become too confident in thinking they got away with something horrible. Thus the suspects become careless and just leave allll the info and evidence out and about.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back