IL IL - Kierra Coles, 27, pregnant, Chicago, 2 Oct 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The original video of a woman in the postal uniform IS NOT KIERRA. The one they kept saying over and over that was her, it wasn’t and this new footage is actually her and the last time she was recorded on video we know of. As for the POI, the boyfriend was heavily suspected and I believe still is due to he and Kierra having the baby’s while he was still with his other partner. Boyfriend didn’t want her to keep it.

JUL 21

Homicide Detective Lt. Will Svilar has studied every minute of the day 26-year-old Kierra Coles was last seen.

He agreed to speak to NBC 5 Investigates for the first time about Coles' activities before she disappeared as well as new details that have emerged in the case.

“She’s living a great life. She’s going to have a baby. She’s gainfully employed,” said Svilar. “She is an upstanding citizen who was living a nice life who all of a sudden disappears.”

U.S. Postal worker Coles last spoke with her mother on the afternoon of Oct. 2, 2018 while shopping for baby supplies.

More at New Clues in the Case of Missing Pregnant Postal Worker Kierra Coles

Huh. It almost sounds like they really don't know where he is now.
Right.

"Simmons [boyfriend/person of interest] soon moved out of state with the mother of some of his children. He did not respond to our written requests for comment mailed to his last known address. Philips [Kierra's mom] wants Simmons to come forward."

Last edited:
“'He gave us some conflicting accounts,' Svilar [the case detective] said when Simmons [boyfriend/father-in-waiting] was interviewed by police. “Wasn’t consistent on some of the statements and then didn’t want to talk to us.”

"Simmons soon moved out of state with the mother of some of his children. He did not respond to our written requests for comment mailed to his last known address. Philips wants Simmons to come forward."

Yeah I know. That's what I meant. He moved out of state and isn't at his last known address. Does that mean they genuinely don't know where he is?

JUL 21

Homicide Detective Lt. Will Svilar has studied every minute of the day 26-year-old Kierra Coles was last seen.

He agreed to speak to NBC 5 Investigates for the first time about Coles' activities before she disappeared as well as new details that have emerged in the case.

“She’s living a great life. She’s going to have a baby. She’s gainfully employed,” said Svilar. “She is an upstanding citizen who was living a nice life who all of a sudden disappears.”

U.S. Postal worker Coles last spoke with her mother on the afternoon of Oct. 2, 2018 while shopping for baby supplies.

More at New Clues in the Case of Missing Pregnant Postal Worker Kierra Coles

Great article, @GuyfromCanada. Pretty much sums it all up in one read! Thank you.

Yeah I know. That's what I meant. He moved out of state and isn't at his last known address. Does that mean they genuinely don't know where he is?

Well, he's off to another jurisdiction (no doubt). I'm sure they could find him, but it would take some "work".

They need to concentrate on finding Kierra's body (while keeping a person of interest in their cross-hairs).

Kierra Coles Case Archive:

SEP 24, 2022
[...]

Family of Cole view it as a tradition to keep her memory alive, and to bring awareness to her missing persons case. ...

“She couldn’t wait to be come a mother.,” said Karen Phillips, Cole’s mother. “It’s just sad that four years later, we don’t have her or her baby or nothing.”

There haven’t been many developments in Cole’s case, but investigators released new footage of her mysterious disappearance back in June.

Surveillance video obtained by CPD show Cole making two ATM withdrawals and a person of interest with Cole at her apartment the night of Oct. 2, and then again at her home the next day.

Police still have no one in custody for the case though.

[...]

SEP 24, 2022
Phillips said investigators questioned a person of interest in her daughter's disappearance, but said they didn't have enough evidence to file charges.

Police have said they suspect she is the victim of foul play. They said her case remains a high-risk missing persons investigation.

There is a $25,000 reward for answers.

"I still wanna do something so people could know that I'm not going to stop fighting for my daughter for me to get either justice or for her to come home. I'm not going to stop fighting," said Karen Phillips.

On her daughter's 30th birthday, Phillips wants no other gift but to see her daughter home safe.

For some reason Kierra popped into my mind tonight. A beautiful young woman who was about to have a baby. It should have been a happy time in her life. She and baby Coles deserve to be found and no family should ever have to suffer the loss of a missing child.

#Justice4Kierra

For some reason Kierra popped into my mind tonight. A beautiful young woman who was about to have a baby. It should have been a happy time in her life. She and baby Coles deserve to be found and no family should ever have to suffer the loss of a missing child.

#Justice4Kierra
! I had the same experience today. I couldn't recall her name, but the case was on my mind. I am disappointed to see it remains unsolved.

DEC 5, 2022

Kierra Coles

kierra_coles.jpg

Kierra Coles was last seen on October 2, 2018, leaving her apartment on the South Side of Chicago, Illinois. The 27-year-old was three months pregnant at the time. The day she disappeared, Kierra called out sick from her job as a letter carrier at the U.S. Postal Service. Security video showed Kierra leaving her apartment at 82nd Street and Coles Avenue and walking past her car. She is seen wearing her U.S. Postal Service uniform, despite having called in sick. Her mother reported her missing two days later when calls kept going to voicemail. Police went to Kierra’s apartment to conduct a welfare check. Kierra was nowhere to be seen, but her car was still parked out front. Anthony Gugliemi, Chief Communications Officer at the Chicago Police Department told Dateline in 2018 that foul play is suspected in Kierra’s disappearance. In 2021, the family increased their reward in the case to $49,500. Additionally, the National Association of Letter Carriers is offering $3,500 for information leading to her location. Kierra is described as being 5'4", and weighing about 125 lbs., with black hair and brown eyes. She has a tattoo of a heart on her right hand, and one that says “lucky Libra” on her back. She would be 31 years old today. Anyone with information on Kierra’s whereabouts is asked to call the Chicago Police Department’s Area South Special Victims Unit at (312) 747-8274.

DEC 5, 2022

Kierra Coles

kierra_coles.jpg

Kierra Coles was last seen on October 2, 2018, leaving her apartment on the South Side of Chicago, Illinois. The 27-year-old was three months pregnant at the time. The day she disappeared, Kierra called out sick from her job as a letter carrier at the U.S. Postal Service. Security video showed Kierra leaving her apartment at 82nd Street and Coles Avenue and walking past her car. She is seen wearing her U.S. Postal Service uniform, despite having called in sick. Her mother reported her missing two days later when calls kept going to voicemail. Police went to Kierra’s apartment to conduct a welfare check. Kierra was nowhere to be seen, but her car was still parked out front. Anthony Gugliemi, Chief Communications Officer at the Chicago Police Department told Dateline in 2018 that foul play is suspected in Kierra’s disappearance. In 2021, the family increased their reward in the case to $49,500. Additionally, the National Association of Letter Carriers is offering $3,500 for information leading to her location. Kierra is described as being 5'4", and weighing about 125 lbs., with black hair and brown eyes. She has a tattoo of a heart on her right hand, and one that says “lucky Libra” on her back. She would be 31 years old today. Anyone with information on Kierra’s whereabouts is asked to call the Chicago Police Department’s Area South Special Victims Unit at (312) 747-8274.
The problem I have with this article is that it says Kierra called in sick. I don't think that she actually made the call. I think someone called in and pretended to be her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back