IL IL - Kierra Coles, 27, pregnant, Chicago, 2 Oct 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Last edited:
Brian Entin (from the Gabby P. case) tweeted this:

https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1448477923774771206

"Two weeks ago, Kierra Coles would have turned 29. Her baby would be a toddler. But, three months pregnant and excited for her new beginning, the postal worker disappeared from Chicago’s south side in 2018."
@RudabehShahbazi
with tonight's #MissingInAmerica

Beautiful Kierra's parents have been so vocal and kept her name in the news as much as possible. Bless them.

The BF was dating another woman and they both moved shortly after Kierra disappeared. Hmmmm.

FEB 6, 2022
Lightfoot Says Chicago ‘Must Do Better’ Finding Missing Black Women And Girls, Whose Cases Are Disproportionately Ignored - KTVZ
[...]

KP’s daughter Kierra Coles was pregnant when she went missing in 2018.

“Because she’s the color she is, that evidence don’t mean nothing,” said KP. “Did she have her baby? I wasn’t there. I was with all my girls when they had their kids.”

She said the Chicago Police Department has not answered her requests for information in two years.

“Every time they call, they’re on vacation. They have more vacation than anyone that I know,” she said.

The mayor made a promise Saturday, saying, “You will get a call from the chief of detectives this weekend.”

CBS 2 will follow up with KP to see if the mayor delivers that promise.

[...]

FEB 6, 2022
Lightfoot Says Chicago ‘Must Do Better’ Finding Missing Black Women And Girls, Whose Cases Are Disproportionately Ignored - KTVZ
[...]

KP’s daughter Kierra Coles was pregnant when she went missing in 2018.

“Because she’s the color she is, that evidence don’t mean nothing,” said KP. “Did she have her baby? I wasn’t there. I was with all my girls when they had their kids.”

She said the Chicago Police Department has not answered her requests for information in two years.

“Every time they call, they’re on vacation. They have more vacation than anyone that I know,” she said.

The mayor made a promise Saturday, saying, “You will get a call from the chief of detectives this weekend.”

CBS 2 will follow up with KP to see if the mayor delivers that promise.

[...]
Hope this brings some much-needed attention to this case. Kierra and her family deserve justice.

Why do Black women and girls make up 1/3 of all missing persons cases, and what can be done to find them?

CHICAGO - Black women and girls make up more than a third of the missing persons cases in the United States, and on Saturday, Chicago leaders talked about ways to tackle the crisis.

Illinois State Rep. Robin Kelly (D-Chicago) hosted a virtual forum on the need for increased attention to these cases. For example, Chicago police are still looking for Kierra Coles – the pregnant postal worker who went missing in 2018. Despite extensive community attention on her disappearance, and a big reward, she remains missing. Her case is one among many in Chicago that remain unsolved.

Think about you everyday Kierra. I keep wondering what is going on in Chicago and hope that more aggressive detectives will be hired to help the current investigators. I think about your family and know they need answers and justice for you. I’m far away from your family and they don’t know me but my heart is with them everyday.

Kierra Coles was about three months pregnant with her first child when she vanished more than three years ago.

The U.S. postal worker’s disappearance initially drew widespread media attention and speculation, but her trail quickly went cold. For Mother’s Day, Coles’ mom joined other parents of missing children to mark the “heartbreaking” occasion and raise alarms about the stalled, years-long searches that have left them grasping for answers.

“I would like to say Happy Mother’s Day to her if she’s watching this,” Coles’ mother, Karen Phillips, told her daughter during a news conference Sunday in Daley Plaza. “But for the most part, I would like the police to step up and do more in Kierra’s investigation. I don’t feel like they have done enough to cover my daughter’s case.”

Coles, now 29, was last seen near her Chatham apartment on Oct. 2, 2018. Her car was found out front with her phone and a packed lunch inside, adding to the mystery.

Phillips noted that Chicago police investigators initially told the family they had multiple suspects, but the list was ultimately whittled down to nothing. She questioned why detectives haven’t interviewed the father of Coles’ unborn child, who she said lawyered up after her disappearance.

“Every day is heartbreaking,” Phillips said. “You know, you have to get up and prepare yourself to go through another day without your child … wondering what’s going on. Is she safe? Is she not safe? You know, where is she?”

Her concerns were shared by the three other mothers whose children have gone missing, seemingly without a trace.

Article continues at link.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back