IL IL - Kierra Coles, 27, pregnant, Chicago, 2 Oct 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Chicago native brings neighborhoods to life, raises awareness with vibrant art | WGN-TV

Reed said he got the idea last year while listening to a true crime podcast about numerous missing women and teens in and around the Chicago area.

“I stumbled on the fact that it could be possibly a serial killer in Chicago rumors of like sex trafficking,” he said.

Last May, he began with the high profile case of Kierra Coles — the pregnant postal worker who went missing in October 2018 as she was leaving her home in Chicago’s Chatham neighborhood.

“I did the portrait of Kierra Coles and I posted it,” he said. “I also asked her mother, father, other relatives go tagged in it and they really like what I was doing.

The mural, located at 79th Street and Prairie Avenue, contains a QR code where people can learn information and comes complete with a contact number for police.

Attachments

• 080621.art.17th.and.Prairie.Kierra.JPG
    080621.art.17th.and.Prairie.Kierra.JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 28
  • 080621.art.Kierra.1.JPG
    080621.art.Kierra.1.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 24
Chicago native brings neighborhoods to life, raises awareness with vibrant art | WGN-TV

Reed said he got the idea last year while listening to a true crime podcast about numerous missing women and teens in and around the Chicago area.

“I stumbled on the fact that it could be possibly a serial killer in Chicago rumors of like sex trafficking,” he said.

Last May, he began with the high profile case of Kierra Coles — the pregnant postal worker who went missing in October 2018 as she was leaving her home in Chicago’s Chatham neighborhood.

“I did the portrait of Kierra Coles and I posted it,” he said. “I also asked her mother, father, other relatives go tagged in it and they really like what I was doing.

The mural, located at 79th Street and Prairie Avenue, contains a QR code where people can learn information and comes complete with a contact number for police.
Beautiful mural, please let this generate some lead that will lead to answers about Kierra & Baby Coles. It's been too long.

New Initiative Focuses On Cases Of Missing Women In Cook County

Their focus is on cases that date back to 1930, which involves about 170 people.

They will be paying particular attention to cases of women missing in the last 10 to 20 years in Cook County.

Dart says they’ve been working on this initiative for the last three or four months now.

Parents of missing postal worker issue plea for same attention as Gabby Petito case: ‘We haven’t forgotten’

“I want you all to treat Kierra Coles’ case like it was Gabby [Petito’s] case,” George Ivy, a family friend, said Friday at a press conference. “You all broke your necks — police, detectives, FBI — for Gabby because she was white. I need you all to man up and do stuff for Kierra Coles.”

Questions had also been raised by the mother of Jelani Day, a 25-year-old graduate student at Illinois State University, after the disappearance of her son earlier this month.

On 3rd Birthday Since She Vanished, Kierra Coles' Family Still Praying For Her Safe Return; 'She’s Alive Somewhere'

"There are Gabby Petitos in the Black and Brown community, and these families are desperate just to get their cases heard," said Derrica Wilson, CEO of the Black and Missing Foundation. “Missing persons isn't a Black issue. It’s not a White issue. It is an American issue.

"You look for my daughter for a few weeks, and then it just, it died down," Phillips said. "Y'all did everything possible for this other person until she was found."

Parents of missing postal worker issue plea for same attention as Gabby Petito case: ‘We haven’t forgotten’

“I want you all to treat Kierra Coles’ case like it was Gabby [Petito’s] case,” George Ivy, a family friend, said Friday at a press conference. “You all broke your necks — police, detectives, FBI — for Gabby because she was white. I need you all to man up and do stuff for Kierra Coles.”

Questions had also been raised by the mother of Jelani Day, a 25-year-old graduate student at Illinois State University, after the disappearance of her son earlier this month.

I’d love to know what happened to Kierra-and for whoever was responsible for her disappearance (and likely murder) to face the music.

Her boyfriend/father of her baby MOVED out of state when she was reported missing and he was the last person she was with?

Guess not enough on him (no recorded interactions on SM like Gabby/Brian, etc)
Perhaps if his name was added to her missing page (Last seen with “Name”) - if it can be verified.
Are there no photos or anything of them together? Didn’t they work together?
Did no one ever meet the boyfriend?

Why is he hiding?
JMO

Was this guy only involved with Kierra? Gosh, it’s been so long since she disappeared, that I can’t recall. I think he might have been involved with another woman, too. I would like to light a fire under this case-she deserves to be found, and her family deserves to know.

ABC 7 Chicago‏Verified account @ABC7Chicago

Postal worker Kierra Coles, 27, who was pregnant, missing from South Side for one week: https://abc7.ws/2ydUBgC

ABC 7 Chicago on Twitter

athychaney‏Verified account @kathychaney

#KierraColes was last seen Oct. 2. She's a USPS worker and is pregnant. Kierra was seen on video leaving her home in Chatham, dressed in her work uniform, but her family says she called off that day. If you know something, say something. #FindKierra

kathychaney on Twitter

WGCI‏Verified account @WGCI

HAVE YOU SEEN THIS YOUNG LADY? Kierra Coles has been missing for nearly one week! MORE DETAILS INSIDE!

WGCI on Twitter

I wonder if she really called out of work herself? She was dressed for work, so maybe not?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back