IL IL - Kierra Coles, 27, pregnant, Chicago, 2 Oct 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
EXCLUSIVE: Mother of Missing Pregnant Postal Worker Kierra Coles Reveals Shocking Update Into Daughter's Disappearance

Karen Philips, the mother of missing U.S. postal employee Kierra Coles, said she prays every night for a good night's sleep because she knows when she wakes up, her nightmare begins again.

“It feels like a replay. Every day, the same feeling,” said Philips. “Day after day.”

Philips’ daughter Kierra was three months pregnant when she suddenly disappeared in October 2018.

After two years of no answers, Philips told NBC 5 Investigates she was ready to reveal what Chicago detectives told her not to disclose at the time of her daughter’s disappearance.
Yes, wow indeed!!!! Ugh what happened to KIERRA !?!?!
:(

EXCLUSIVE: Mother of Missing Pregnant Postal Worker Kierra Coles Reveals Shocking Update Into Daughter's Disappearance

Karen Philips, the mother of missing U.S. postal employee Kierra Coles, said she prays every night for a good night's sleep because she knows when she wakes up, her nightmare begins again.

“It feels like a replay. Every day, the same feeling,” said Philips. “Day after day.”

Philips’ daughter Kierra was three months pregnant when she suddenly disappeared in October 2018.

After two years of no answers, Philips told NBC 5 Investigates she was ready to reveal what Chicago detectives told her not to disclose at the time of her daughter’s disappearance.
Mind boggling
“It’s a mother thing. You just know your child,” said Philips. “That’s not her walk. She was a little bit smaller and a little bit shorter.”

The next day, Philips said she went down to the Chicago police station to talk with detectives about her concerns that it wasn’t her daughter on the video after all. Philips said that Chicago detectives told her that wasn’t her daughter on the video.

“He says don’t tell anybody that’s not your daughter,” said Philips, noting that the video was of another woman who lived down the street and worked at the post office.

Philips admitted she remained quiet for years, not saying a word about the video, saying, “Now, I have nothing to lose. I mean, it’s been two years, and you [investigators] have came up with nothing.””

A quick move across the country reminds me of Letecia Stauch taking Gannon. Kierra was tiny and would fit into a suitcase.
That was my exact, immediate thought, too. I would not discount Louisiana as a possible location for Kierra and Baby Boy Coles.

Great work on the part of NBC Chicago. I got so mad I actually started shaking while reading this article. I mean, sure, it’s possible Kierra was taken by some random person as she parked her car near her home, for example, after she returned from the ATM, but it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to know that is not what happened here (in fact, I don’t think she even made it back from the d**n ATM).

If anyone reading here knows what happened to this young woman and her unborn child, don’t think, just do the right thing (all callers remain confidential): The Postal Inspection Service is offering a reward of $25,000 for information leading to Ms. Coles’ whereabouts and are asking people to call the hotline at 877-876-2455 and refer to case number 2693502.

By the way, this article explains the comment made by the public information representative at the United States Postal Inspection Service in an Oxgen.com article from November, 2018:
“ [Kierra’s] family said the post office told them Coles called out of work the following day on Oct. 3, although it's not clear whether she made the call herself. Several media outlets have showed surveillance footage from that day appearing to show a woman many believed was Coles dressed in her postal uniform seemingly leaving for work. However, Julie Kenney, a public information representative at the United States Postal Inspection Service, which is investigating the case alongside the Chicago Police Department, told Oxygen.com the postal service doesn't believe the woman was Coles.” (BBM)
Mysterious Disappearance Of Pregnant Postal Worker Lingers, With Few Clues For Family And Investigators

Kierra Coles, 27, was last seen on October 2, 2018, leaving her apartment on the South Side of Chicago, Illinois. She was three months pregnant at the time. The day she disappeared, Kierra called out sick from her job as a letter carrier at the U.S. Postal Service. Security video showed Kierra leaving her apartment at 82nd Street and Coles Avenue and walking past her car. She is seen wearing her U.S. Postal Service uniform, despite having called in sick. Her mother reported her missing two days later when calls kept going to voicemail. Police went to Kierra’s apartment to conduct a welfare check. Kierra was nowhere to be seen, but her car was still parked out front. Anthony Gugliemi, Chief Communications Officer at the Chicago Police Department told Dateline in 2018 that foul play is suspected in Kierra’s disappearance. The family and the U.S. Postal Inspection Service are offering a combined reward of up to $50,000 for information leading to the whereabouts of Kierra. Additionally, the National Association of Letter Carriers is offering $3,500. Kierra is described as being 5'4" tall and weighing about 125 lbs. with black hair and brown eyes. Kierra has a tattoo of a heart on her right hand, and a tattoo that says “lucky Libra” on her back. Anyone with information on Kierra’s whereabouts is asked to call the Chicago Police Department’s Area South Special Victims Unit at (312) 747-8274.
upload_2021-2-10_14-9-24.png
Seven years of Dateline's Missing in America: 156 still missing

Early in the investigation, a chilling video of a postal worker thought to be Kierra Coles surfaced. The Oct. 3 video captured at 11:45 a.m. from a neighbor’s surveillance camera showed what many believed at the time to be Kierra dressed in her postal uniform walking past her parked car in Chicago’s Chatham neighborhood.

“A woman calls down to me and says her husband has video,” said NBC Chicago’s Regina Waldroup, who at the time was in the neighborhood knocking on doors and looking for leads. “He’s saying, 'There she is walking down the street. You see her and she’s in her postal uniform and that’s her. That’s her!'"

“I’m thinking she’s walked into somebody’s car, so with all the video that they took off the blocks, that we would be able to see exactly what car she got into,” Waldroup said.

At the time, Karen Philips was at home watching the video again and again on her cell phone. She went to bed that night thinking something about the video was off.

“It’s a mother thing. You just know your child,” said Philips. “That’s not her walk. She was a little bit smaller and a little bit shorter.”

The next day, Philips said she went down to the Chicago police station to talk with detectives about her concerns that it wasn’t her daughter on the video after all. Philips said that Chicago detectives told her that wasn’t her daughter on the video.

“He says don’t tell anybody that’s not your daughter,” said Philips, noting that the video was of another woman who lived down the street and worked at the post office.

Philips admitted she remained quiet for years, not saying a word about the video, saying, “Now, I have nothing to lose. I mean, it’s been two years, and you [investigators] have came up with nothing.”

Postal inspectors who are the lead agency in the Coles case would not confirm that the video is of another postal employee but did tell NBC 5 Investigates that they have a timeline of Kierra’s whereabouts the night of Oct. 2 before she went missing.

Two More Videos Emerge the Night Kierra Disappeared

Philips told NBC 5 Investigates that another Chatham neighbor showed her a video of Kierra and her boyfriend, Josh Simmons, a fellow postal employee, leaving her apartment in separate cars the Tuesday night Kierra disappeared. The video was turned over to police.

Philips also disclosed that after leaving Kierra’s apartment, Chicago police detectives told her that the couple then went to an ATM nearby where video captured Kierra taking out $400 from her banking account and handing it over to her boyfriend.

Our Freedom of Information request for police records on the Coles investigation was denied. Police have not named any suspects or persons of interest, including Josh Simmons. NBC 5 Investigates found no criminal history in his past.

Philips said that Simmons was the father of Kierra’s baby. They had dated for about six years, but he also had other children with another woman who Philips said Kierra did not get along with.

"She had a fight with the other baby’s mother, and she was banned from coming to the house," said Philips.

“He just had manners, never raised his voice. I always gave him the benefit of the doubt," said Philips. But two years later, she said, "that makes me question a lot."

“I can’t understand. You dated my daughter for six years, “ said Philips. “I took you to be a decent guy, you work and go to church, and now my daughter is pregnant and missing and you do nothing.”

Chicago Police released a statement saying: “The Coles case remains a high-risk missing person investigation with potential foul play suspected. At this point, anyone with knowledge of her last whereabouts is asked to contact the Chicago Police Department as we are seeking any and all information in an attempt to locate her and we won’t stop until we do.”

The U.S. Chicago Division of Postal Inspectors also issued a statement, writing: “Postal Inspectors have tracked down and vetted nearly 400 leads across the country. We cannot begin to imagine the level of pain grief, and frustration felt by Ms. Coles’ family, friends, and community.” The Postal Inspection Service is offering a reward of $25,000 for information leading to Ms. Coles’ whereabouts and are asking people to call the hotline at 877-876-2455 and refer to case number 2693502. All callers with remain confidential. WWW.twittercom/USPIS_chi.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back