MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There has been ambivalence on Lisa's part, but she's still deeply grieving. On reflection of near and recent events she's remembering Jessica's issues with anger, paranoia, tranquility, and even episodes of happiness. She's also generalizing her behavior over long term periods. Many people have described Jessica as "always happy", "very positive", "really friendly". It seems apparent to me, the one thing Jessica wasn't is very happy, her life seemed full of sadness IMO. There is going to be some inconsistency and ambivalence in a grieving parent, where you believe they may have had a troubled child, or a troubled relationship with that child.

I hope that somewhere, the draft copy of that book still exists as rumors I've read suppose. It would be a great insight into the life of a girl who didn't get to live what may have been a wonderful life.
I imagine if it existed, it would have been the first thing removed from the house by LE, along with computer/tablet.

I think she has probably conveyed her feelings about CW directly to police and they will be the ones doing the extrapolating. The thing listeners do not realize in radio interviews is that they may have agreed upon the questions in advance.

As immediately obvious as that should have been to me, I hadn't considered that. Touche.

There is something that bothers me about how Lisa describes Jessica as a always-happy-person, and how she then says that she wanted to write a book about her life. In order to feel like writing a book about your life at the age of 19, you have to have been through a lot of hard moments, right?

Now, we know that she lost her brother and that it probably was a traumatic event in itself. Also, if the story of the abusive ex-boyfriend is true, it's a second traumatic ''event'' to add to her life. But, to me, there must be more to it, some things that we don't know.

I don't want to start making crazy theories without proof but I bet that she had way more problems throughout her life than what her friends and family want to admit.

Maybe this doesn't prove anything at all, but I can't stop wondering what she intended to put in that book...

The death of a sibling plus an abusive relationship are a lot to handle by a teenager. In the context Linda Oliver related, she wanted to write a book to help others find strength in overcoming adversity. For some reason, that has morphed into rumors she was writing some kind of tell all about crime.

Alabama author Linda Oliver said Chambers had recently asked her to help write a book about her life.

Oliver, of Birmingham, said Chambers approached her while she was packing up after a speech about her own book at an Oct. 25 church conference in the Batesville area.

"She thanked me for sharing some of the horrible facts of my own story" and then asked for help with hers, Oliver said. "She said, 'I want my story to be told.'" Oliver did not elaborate.

http://www.nola.com/news/index.ssf/2014/12/funeral_for_jessica_chambers_1.html

The death of a sibling plus an abusive relationship are a lot to handle by a teenager. In the context Linda Oliver related, she wanted to write a book to help others find strength in overcoming adversity. For some reason, that has morphed into rumors she was writing some kind of tell all about crime.

<ffjsnip>

The dearth of publicized information in the case has in and of itself fueled rampant speculation on almost every aspect, people are dissecting every interview, facial expression, sentence and even in some cases word expressed.

The dearth of publicized information in the case has in and of itself fueled rampant speculation on almost every aspect, people are dissecting every interview, facial expression, sentence and even in some cases word expressed.

I agree and only hope the speculation about her parents ceases. They are victims. The wild theories are coming up empty because this wasn't some ISIS-related, terrorist hit, it wasn't a gang-agreed-upon hit, it had nothing to do with AA being from Yemin and wasn't the act of a serial killer from out-of-state. It was a vicious, premeditated murder by someone right there in that community.

all, JMO

I wouldn't know. Did Jessica live with the Rudd's when she was 17? Where did we hear that?

I saw an interview with either BC or JC's aunt and they said JC has a 4 yo sister. I assume she lives with Lisa.

Lisa is feisty as heck on FB. I wonder if she had stage fright.

That is what I see. there is the submissive persona and then there is the feisty one.
means nothing really as the family dynamic did not lead to whatever happened to JC, except in that she may not have received the right kind of support or help. But still no fault of the family that she ended up murdered. but it does muddle the info around the case and make one wonder about what JC had endured in various areas of her life and what steps were being taken for her well being.

If it were me, I would not be able to sit and look across the street knowing one of my neighbors knew something, unless I was quite terrified of them. I would be on them and would probably be accused of harassment. Unless I was afraid of them or their "people".

I saw an interview with either BC or JC's aunt and they said JC has a 4 yo sister. I assume she lives with Lisa.

Jess had a little sister. She is Ben and Debbie's (Jessica's stepmother) daughter.

WTH?

So the timeline has changed?

yah, this is confusing. so she left home at 5 or 5:30 and was really at M&M shortly after that buying $14 of gas (3x as much as usual). Then she's supposedly washing her car, eating dinner and or at a party for 2.5 hours until her car is found on fire. talked to her mom from wherever she was at 6:48PM. had yet to wash the car and get food at that point. so what did she do for 78 min between 5:30 and 6:48pm?

so, Ben and Lisa are divorced? McCleric was Lisa's first husband? Now Ben is married to Debbie? I thought Ben had JC's older siblings from a different mother? has Ben been married 3 times?
adding confusion to the family tree now.
Oh, geez. Thank you for the headache. Lol

Hmm. I still wasn't sure if I believed in the party myself. Especially if I had to take Charlotte's word.

the party still seems to be something which is not definitively established. whomever the witnesses are may be lying.

Does anyone know if Jessica was still going to Leah's to receive counseling? Or anywhere for counseling for that matter?

Does anyone know if Jessica was still going to Leah's to receive counseling? Or anywhere for counseling for that matter?

not known, but seems likely that she may have had a confident or mentor from Leah's she stayed close to after she left.

There is something that bothers me about how Lisa describes Jessica as a always-happy-person, and how she then says that she wanted to write a book about her life. In order to feel like writing a book about your life at the age of 19, you have to have been through a lot of hard moments, right?

Now, we know that she lost her brother and that it probably was a traumatic event in itself. Also, if the story of the abusive ex-boyfriend is true, it's a second traumatic ''event'' to add to her life. But, to me, there must be more to it, some things that we don't know.

I don't want to start making crazy theories without proof but I bet that she had way more problems throughout her life than what her friends and family want to admit.

Maybe this doesn't prove anything at all, but I can't stop wondering what she intended to put in that book...

You're not making crazy theories, because it could be the truth. It's not only possible, but probable that her family and friends wouldn't even be aware if she was depressed. I don't know that she was, but living a um...not good? self-destructive? lifestyle would be one indication or symptom of depression. On the other hand, some people thrive in that lifestyle, but I wouldn't believe it for a minute of Jessica.

It's not uncommon for "the most cheerful, upbeat, always happy person" you know turns out to be the most depressed and nearing suicidal person you knows. It's so much easier to focus on helping other people than it is to recognize, let alone, deal with your own depression.

It's hard to explain, but it's true.
================================================

My opinion via Better Living Through Chemicals - in this case Prozac. :happydance::happydance::happydance::loveyou::skip:

I think maybe probably possibly too much is being made of this book that JC wanted to write. I don't say that in response to any particular posters here at WS. I am speaking generally. I know when I was 19 I thought I had life all figured out. My life was totally boring but I remember thinking about writing a book and thinking I had a story to tell. I think if I had met an author such as the lady that JC heard speak, I may have had the same response. Motivational speakers ARE motivational. Yes, it seems clear that JC had gone through some adversity in her short life, but I don't think whatever she could have told would have been so threatening to another person(s) that she would be murdered because of it.

I was wondering if she was still seeking counsel for a very specific reason. At our women's center, residents could stay up to 90 days at a time. It was common to see those who had received counseling over a period of time sort of take the newbies under their wings. The more empowered these women started to feel, the more they wanted to give back or offer counsel to those just beginning the process, becoming mentors, so to speak. It is understandable to want to share what you have learned. Perhaps Jessica was offering advice to someone to leave a bad relationship and it wasn't appreciated?

so, Ben and Lisa are divorced? McCleric was Lisa's first husband? Now Ben is married to Debbie? I thought Ben had JC's older siblings from a different mother? has Ben been married 3 times?
adding confusion to the family tree now.

R.McC was BC's 3rd wife's ex-husband. LC (mom) had two children I think. JC and her older sister. I think all the half siblings and step siblings come from BC other marriages. I think, maybe. :blush:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
speedygoose98