MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If memory serves me correctly, Jessica was at the gas station at 5:25. Phone call happened with Mom at 6:48. She was communicating with her Mother, but in theory no longer at M&M. The lost hour. Where? Before the 8:13 call, more time lost. Where?

In my mind, Jessica and the car was lit on fire very close to the time of the 911 call--maybe just minutes or moments before. I don't think she would have still been alive if she had been on fire for 15 or so minutes. Fifteen minutes is a long time to be in a blazing fire and still be living and conscious enough to speak or try to speak to first responders, and I do believe she spoke the name Eric before she lost consciousness. The biggest reason I believe this is that LE went to EB's house by 9:30 according to him. Keep in mind that this was probably the second time they had gone there because EB said they had called either his mom or his grandmother, and WENT to one or the other's house looking for him. I can't remember which one's house they went to, but this would have been BEFORE they found him at home at 9:30. So, they went looking for EB probably less than an hour after the 911 call. I can't think right now of any other reason they would have started looking for EB that soon unless Jessica had spoken a name that sounded like Eric or Derrick. Believing that she was conscious and spoke a name or names makes me believe that it was not before 8 o'clock that the fire was lit. I believe she was lit on fire some time between 8 and 8:13 when the 911 call came in. Any earlier than that, she would not have still been conscious.

We've read it both ways--that she was walking in the road on fire and then she was laying near the car and not still on fire, so we don't know which to believe. I tend to believe the first report "walking in the road on fire" because somebody had to have told her father that because he said it too, in his interview with a reporter. He would not have just made that up, IMO. I think the 911 caller saw something that we are not being made aware of. I think s/he might have seen a person or persons fleeing the scene and just couldn't identify them. All this is OMO except for the links to the interviews on the media thread.

Yep. Agree with everything above. Mom said she wasn't going out much other than to neighbor's home and work. Who had she been spending most of her time with? Was she meeting anyone after work to eat or hang out with before coming home? She trusted someone.

Not at all implying that she was doing it, but her job at Goody's was part-time, IIRC, which probably meant no set schedule. If she wanted to get out of the house for an evening, Jessica could have just told mom she had to work, and unless LIsa checked up on her, and if she did, it would most likely be by calling her cell instead of the store's number, I would think, she would be none the wiser. JMO

In my mind, Jessica and the car was lit on fire very close to the time of the 911 call--maybe just minutes or moments before. I don't think she would have still been alive if she had been on fire for 15 or so minutes. Fifteen minutes is a long time to be in a blazing fire and still be living and conscious enough to speak or try to speak to first responders, and I do believe she spoke the name Eric before she lost consciousness. The biggest reason I believe this is that LE went to EB's house by 9:30 according to him. Keep in mind that this was probably the second time they had gone there because EB said they had called either his mom or his grandmother, and WENT to one or the other's house looking for him. I can't remember which one's house they went to, but this would have been BEFORE they found him at home at 9:30. So, they went looking for EB probably less than an hour after the 911 call. I can't think right now of any other reason they would have started looking for EB that soon unless Jessica had spoken a name that sounded like Eric or Derrick. Believing that she was conscious and spoke a name or names makes me believe that it was not before 8 o'clock that the fire was lit. I believe she was lit on fire some time between 8 and 8:13 when the 911 call came in. Any earlier than that, she would not have still been conscious.

We've read it both ways--that she was walking in the road on fire and then she was laying near the car and not still on fire, so we don't know which to believe. I tend to believe the first report "walking in the road on fire" because somebody had to have told her father that because he said it too, in his interview with a reporter. He would not have just made that up, IMO. I think the 911 caller saw something that we are not being made aware of. I think s/he might have seen a person or persons fleeing the scene and just couldn't identify them. All this is OMO except for the links to the interviews on the media thread.
We also have a report of hearing loud pipes on a car. Possibly the noise was from a second car? I think multiple people were involved. Someone was in her car with her, I think. And someone was in another car. The person who rode with or drove JC to Herron got a ride back to wherever they all came from. MOO

Not at all implying that she was doing it, but her job at Goody's was part-time, IIRC, which probably meant no set schedule. If she wanted to get out of the house for an evening, Jessica could have just told mom she had to work, and unless LIsa checked up on her, and if she did, it would most likely be by calling her cell instead of the store's number, I would think, she would be none the wiser. JMO
I so agree with this post. I've done it myself.

DairyDog, excellent thought. Did Jessica receive a phone call/text prior to leaving her Mom's house? LE or the Marshals know the answer to that. So did Jessica leave to simply get her Mom some cigarettes, or did a text message send Jessica out and if so, why? (thus creating a need to create a longer period away from home, getting gas, cleaning out her car and grabbing a bite to eat)

This has been bugging me...why did Jessica leave her house if she truly was scared or worried. This leads me to believe IF (a huge SPECULATIVE IF) there was a text, she left to help someone and whoever sent that text set this horrible chain of events into motion.

DairyDog, excellent thought. Did Jessica receive a phone call/text prior to leaving her Mom's house? LE or the Marshals know the answer to that. So did Jessica leave to simply get her Mom some cigarettes, or did a text message send Jessica out and if so, why? (thus creating a need to create a longer period away from home, getting gas, cleaning out her car and grabbing a bite to eat)

This has been bugging me...why did Jessica leave her house if she truly was scared or worried. This leads me to believe IF (a huge SPECULATIVE IF) there was a text, she left to help someone and whoever sent that text set this horrible chain of events into motion.
And said person may not even have realized how horrible things were going to get. But yet...the guilt would still eat away at that person. Knowing that without their involvement, JC may still be alive. This is why I beloeve this will be solved eventually. Not everyone can keep such a secret forever.

Wish we had a local so we could determine if Batesville car wash had surveillance video. The one closest to my home does, but it sits behind the gas station and it is owned by the people who own the gas station. If there is a surveillance system there, LE knows if JC made it to the car wash. That further narrows our window if she cleaned her car out.

Are we certain on the time of the 911 call/fire dept. arrival? I know I've read both approximately 8:10 and approximately 8:30.

Are we certain on the time of the 911 call/fire dept. arrival? I know I've read both approximately 8:10 and approximately 8:30.

An extra 20 minutes could be very important. Nothing cut and dry about this case now is there?

I'm seeing 8:13 or "just after 8 pm" on the first three articles I've pulled up. Wish LE would release an official timeline. We need to know when she was last known to be alive and well.

Do you believe there were two crime scenes? One in Batesville or elsewhere and one on Herron?

I believe there were 2 crime scenes. One where Jessica was raped, possibly knocked out, and someone(s) stole her car and drove her to the burn site.

I'm seeing 8:13 or "just after 8 pm" on the first three articles I've pulled up. Wish LE would release an official timeline. We need to know when she was last known to be alive and well.

I bought a subscription to broadcastify just to see if I could hear anything about Jessica. There was one instance of incoherent babbling for a second or two at about 8:25 with nothing before that and nothing after.

Recently I heard 8:00 and now I can't remember where I heard it. Did Lisa maybe say that in her interview with Tricia?

Yes, it was said she had a call before she left the house. I will look for a link.

ETA, here is is:

http://www.newser.com/story/199889/phone-may-be-key-to-case-of-teen-burned-alive.html

Police say the 19-year-old received a call before she left her house that evening and that the phone may be "the key to everything," according to John Champion, the district attorney for Mississippi's 17th Circuit. Police obtained warrants Wednesday to retrieve records from Google and Chambers' cellphone provider, then circumvented a password and started poring over her texts and data.

Wish we had a local so we could determine if Batesville car wash had surveillance video. The one closest to my home does, but it sits behind the gas station and it is owned by the people who own the gas station. If there is a surveillance system there, LE knows if JC made it to the car wash. That further narrows our window if she cleaned her car out.

Just thinking....would she have to go to a car wash to clean out her car? If I was only going to clean my car out and not wash it, I would have cleaned it out at home. Most people have a big garbage can at home and most everyone who has any carpet in their house have a vacuum cleaner as well. So what would be the point in going to a car wash just to clean out the inside of their car? I've always cleaned out my car at home where I could take what needed to be kept back inside my house and vacuumed it with my own vacuum cleaner. I wouldn't go to a car wash at night alone and spend money just to use the vacuum at a car wash unless I didn't have a vacuum cleaner at home and didn't know anyone I could borrow one from. I'm from the South, and I never hear anybody say they are going to "clean" their car when they mean they are going to "wash" it. We all say "wash" instead of "clean." It remains unclear to me whether she intended to clean her car out or wash it.

LD said during the interview JC was going to clean out her car.

Just thinking....would she have to go to a car wash to clean out her car? If I was only going to clean my car out and not wash it, I would have cleaned it out at home. Most people have a big garbage can at home and most everyone who has any carpet in their house have a vacuum cleaner as well. So what would be the point in going to a car wash just to clean out the inside of their car? I've always cleaned out my car at home where I could take what needed to be kept back inside my house and vacuumed it with my own vacuum cleaner. I wouldn't go to a car wash at night alone and spend money just to use the vacuum at a car wash unless I didn't have a vacuum cleaner at home and didn't know anyone I could borrow one from. I'm from the South, and I never hear anybody say they are going to "clean" their car when they mean they are going to "wash" it. We all say "wash" instead of "clean." It remains unclear to me whether she intended to clean her car out or wash it.

Maybe the vacuum at home was an upright. We had one several years ago and I had to go to the car wash to clean the inside of my car. We might never know why Jessica decided to go to the car wash that night or if, in fact, that was what she was going to do.

Yes, it was said she had a call before she left the house. I will look for a link.

ETA, here is is:

http://www.newser.com/story/199889/phone-may-be-key-to-case-of-teen-burned-alive.html

Police say the 19-year-old received a call before she left her house that evening and that the phone may be "the key to everything," according to John Champion, the district attorney for Mississippi's 17th Circuit. Police obtained warrants Wednesday to retrieve records from Google and Chambers' cellphone provider, then circumvented a password and started poring over her texts and data.

I know absolutely zero about disposable phones, so you may get a good laugh at my asking this question. If she had "friends" who used disposables, would LE be able to determine who called her from one of those?

eta: about the car cleaning . . .
Just to add a differing opinion here, I have never used my indoors vacuum to clean my car. The monster vacuums at car washes are really inexpensive and powerful. The one I went to when my kids were toddlers could suck stray Cheerios from nearly a foot away. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shachio8485