MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding Lisa's phone call to Jessica..........I wonder if in her duress she might be confusing the time she sent Jessica the text message with the time she finally got through to Jessica by phone?
IIRC Lisa said she:
-sent Jessica a text and didn't get a response
-called Jessica and didn't get a response
-called Jessica again and spoke with her
So maybe the actual phone conversation only lasted a few minutes but the entire time for all 3, including waiting for responses, took ~20 minutes?

I think LE has a pretty good idea of where Jessica was from 6:30-7:30 but they want clarification and eye witnesses. JMO

I've thought this same thing: that LD simply confused the time. It could be because of duress; we've discussed possible medication and anxiety. Another thought is that she perhaps needs reading glasses (not being critical; I do and don't have them yet) and spoke before seeing the time clearly. But the time could be easily corroborated on her cell phone. ???

Re: JC's cell phone being "off." Is it possible that instead of off she was simply in a location where her phone didn't work because there was no or bad reception, i.e., in a basement or pole barn or something? IDK about the Courtland area, but in my town, there are even curvy, hilly roads where you have reception in one area but not in another. Perhaps she was off Herron Rd. in a place without reception (first crime scene?) before moving to the spot just off the road?

Of course her being somewhere with no reception makes little sense in terms of the phone call with LD. So again, ???

How would Lisa confuse the time of the call? That was the last time she spoke with her daughter and I can easily believe being so upset and not thinking clearly and being able to remember the time from your head. The problem with that is on my phone it clearly lists when the call was made, when it ended and how long it lasted.
I have an iPhone and always have. Surely though all phones store that log until you delete, right?
I would probably never delete the record of that call if it was my daughter.

JMO

Going off of what you said, hypothetically, what if the run for drugs wasn't for Jessica, but for her mom? This could explain some of the guilt that LD is feeling. I'm in no way insinuating that LD wants her daughter murdered, I am just throwing out another possibility, that perhaps LD made up the phone call ( I think we can all agree on that at this point) as she had sent her daughter on a 'run' for her, and she met her demise somehow along the way? Just a thought...

Thank you for saying what I was trying to put together in my head.

Don't remember the guy's name, he lived close to the scene, was the first one LE interviewed, he said he'd been home since 6:00 or 6:30 due to a toothache. Was his name Eric, Derrick? Could she have been at his house and turned her phone off? Or maybe the reception is not good in his house?

Gee, he may have put his foot in his mouth when he stated the timeframe he had been home! Maybe LE just doesn't have the connection piece to tie him to it. JMO

Don't remember the guy's name, he lived close to the scene, was the first one LE interviewed, he said he'd been home since 6:00 or 6:30 due to a toothache. Was his name Eric, Derrick? Could she have been at his house and turned her phone off? Or maybe the reception is not good in his house?

Gee, he may have put his foot in his mouth when he stated the timeframe he had been home! Maybe LE just doesn't have the connection piece to tie him to it. JMO

I found it interesting how specific he was about the time in the interview, when if IIRC, he also mentioned LE had been in touch with his mom and grandma, just after it happened. He repeated what he'd heard from the investigators, about his being the only 'erik' sounding name close by. He looked scared, swallowing hard between words, as he explained how it dawned on him the next day why LE had come by, and rather upfront with many details about where he'd been, which in the end was home asleep with a toothache, either back from work or not at work that day, I'm not sure.

It crossed my mind too, with the timeline from the recent presser, but it seems to have not led anywhere with LE.

Eric Bibbs

I just still have so many questions regarding the timeline....
<snipped>
2) CW claims of a party and Jessica being there. She claims that after she left the party is when it happened to her. Soooo why isn't the party part of the timeline?

3) when LE claims that with technology they can say that Jessica was at the crime scene at 7:31. Could it be that she was in the area of the crime scene and not just at the exact location on Herron Rd?

Jus asking

OK first to your #2 point;about the party. I personally believe (ya know that gut feeling you have)that Jessica was at a celebration i.e. child's BP

Second,in #3;I like that you are thinking outside the box! Also,I believe you are correct & the time stamp exactly 7:31 is in fact based on the type of 'technology' LE used. Remember Sheriff Dennis Darby (I can hunt down the interview) mentioned he was not at liberty to divulge the high tech utilized by the FBI in the investigation.

I reserve the right to completely change my opinion. :wink:

Now,I am going to think about the timeline some more. Of course this is 'My Opinion Only'

OK first to your #2 point;about the party. I personally believe (ya know that gut feeling you have)that Jessica was at a celebration i.e. child's BP

Second,in #3;I like that you are thinking outside the box! Also,I believe you are correct & the time stamp exactly 7:31 is in fact based on the type of 'technology' LE used. Remember Sheriff Dennis Darby (I can hunt down the interview) mentioned he was not at liberty to divulge the high tech utilized by the FBI in the investigation.

I reserve the right to completely change my opinion. :wink:

Now,I am going to think about the timeline some more. Of course this is 'My Opinion Only'

Darrell Greene's report post the recent presser goes over this and mentions "technology" being used to determine parts of her timeline.

Darrell Greene's report post the recent presser goes over this and mentions "technology" being used to determine parts of her timeline.
You are absolutely correct. I apologize that my comment was vague. I was thinking that Suspicious1 in their post # 3 suggests that whatever tracking LE utilized time stamped her location (& it was somewhere nearby)but placed her not yet at the final crime scene.

As I suggested it could mean i.e. Jessica was at a private residence (or somewhere else)nearby and was not yet at the location given by the unnamed 911 caller.

Or,perhaps there is an individual who wants to get the reward & claims to know who/whom set Jessica on fire. The informant has knowledge of the actions of these individual(s) & LE are protecting their source. In conclusion LE could be using the guise of tech for the purpose of anonymity.

The impression I have is the DA is appealing for the co-operation of a few individuals to tie together what they have been told.

This all speculation. But,it was Supicious1's excellent post that opened up 'out of the box' possibilities as to the source of Jessica's whereabouts @ 7:31.:moo:

I found it interesting how specific he was about the time in the interview, when if IIRC, he also mentioned LE had been in touch with his mom and grandma, just after it happened. He repeated what he'd heard from the investigators, about his being the only 'erik' sounding name close by. He looked scared, swallowing hard between words, as he explained how it dawned on him the next day why LE had come by, and rather upfront with many details about where he'd been, which in the end was home asleep with a toothache, either back from work or not at work that day, I'm not sure.

It crossed my mind too, with the timeline from the recent presser, but it seems to have not led anywhere with LE.

After re-watching the interview, I really disagree. He seemed maybe bewildered, but I didn't read him as "scared." I've definitely gotten the "guilty conscience" or "knows something" type of vibe from watching some of the other people interviewed, but not this guy. My opinion only, of course. :)

After re-watching the interview, I really disagree. He seemed maybe bewildered, but I didn't read him as "scared." I've definitely gotten the "guilty conscience" or "knows something" type of vibe from watching some of the other people interviewed, but not this guy. My opinion only, of course. :)
Exactly,Eric Bibbs does seem bewildered & for what it's worth I also found him believable! :moo:

I just wanted to relay some of my thoughts with regards to Champion's updates. Sorry if I'm being repetitive as I know much of this has been discussed. Starting with the timeline:
I have no proof but a gut feeling that there may have been more to the phone call that Jessica received at home. For all we know, she may have made no plans to go out until she received this call. Champion made light of the call and basically said it was innocuous! Or was it?
In many cases, LE is more than pleased to release any possible places where a victim may have been seen prior to the murder. This could very well tweak the memories of potential witnesses. Champion did give the intersection in Batesville where Jessica was spotted (video cam I think) but why didn't he disclose the place(s) where she went? This seems strange to me. We know it may have been Sonic, Walmart, Goodys etc. but what would be the harm in releasing this information?
I also wondered too, if the investigators' technology actually pinpointed Jessica at that fateful spot or was she nearby. Champion seemed to say she was at that spot at 7:31.
I really believe that Jessica went willingly with the killer(s) or met up with him/her/they. I think that initially, she was totally oblivious to the horrible demise that was planned for her. I don't think this was a spur of the moment argument that turned into a rage killing. This may seem to be a mute point, but who would carry accelerant with them for a meet up especially if he/she got into the car with Jessica. All JMOO.
In summary, I think that Champion did not release certain information that may seem innocuous, for fear of putting the guilty party on high alert. Once again, MOO.

I agree. That was my first reaction to his interview. It was only after yesterday's timeline I was reminded about the times he mentioned. At the time, he seemed upfront and bewildered, is a good way to put it. I don't see much reason to think he wasn't.

Well, the Unsolved Mysteries segment was disappointing. I'm thankful that they are spreading the word about JC's case, but I was expecting more, I guess. Moo.

Maybe I'm not thinking straight or might be missing something, but I don't see why the residence in Courtland JC went to after she left M&M is such a secret. Another thing: IF JC left the M&M just after 5:30 pm (if the video time stamp was off by an hour) and LE is saying she drove to this residence and arrived just before 7pm...how could it have taken her that long to drive from the M&M to anywhere in Courtland as it is such a small town?

Maybe I'm not thinking straight or might be missing something, but I don't see why the residence in Courtland JC went to after she left M&M is such a secret. Another thing: IF JC left the M&M just after 5:30 pm (if the video time stamp was off by an hour) and LE is saying she drove to this residence and arrived just before 7pm...how could it have taken her that long to drive from the M&M to anywhere in Courtland as it is such a small town?

She was at home, where she lived with her parents, until 5:00 p.m. At 5:00 p.m., she went to a gas station in Courtland where she was seen on surveillance footage.

"She was there a short period of time. When she left we know she went to a residence in Courtland. She arrived a little before 6:00 and left at 6:00."

http://www.localmemphis.com/story/d...der-timeline-gap/36911/UpMqeitq6EuTzszT4v304A

i will link the video of DA Champion's press conference. But, before you watch it be aware that LE CAN account for Jessica's whereabouts up till almost 6:30. But,for an hour from 6:30 till a approx 7:30 they CANNOT account for where or who Jessica was with.

But,we know Lisa Doughty said she spoke to Jessica for 20 minutes in the middle of this 'so called' one hour time warp.

Let me say this one more time: DA Champion goes on record to say that they are unable to track where she was during that entire hour. I wonder why there was not ONE question from reporters as to how she could avoid detection using
state of the art tech?

Lisa Daughty says her cell phone time stamp was 7:13 at the end of her last conversation with Jessica;YET,LE have no idea where Jessica was during that one hour window. What is going on? :moo:

Link to Jessica Chambers Timeline
http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/clip/11146442/jessica-chambers-timeline-night-she-was-murdered

Steve P saw your answer after I posted. Didn't mean to butt in. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member