MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 ; Quinton Tellis Indicted - #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On Twitter I just listened to a 1 hour question and answer with Therese Apel.

If you have a Twiiter account you can go to her account or perhaps access it on FB. I do not have a FB account so I cannot advise you if it is Available there.

I have WiFi at the hospital and will check as possible to answer questions based on my recollection of her long video.I will be in and out of Websleuths depending on our schedule with my husband's doctor.

Therese indicated that Tellis has 'people in the vincinity'. She also said her theory is they were in her car together on Herron Road. She thinks the passenger seat was reclined and in HER opinion based on several sources-they did have a relationship two weeks prior to her immolation. (She does not know what young people call it but 'it' -but -it's duration was for the 2 weeks prior to her murder)So,'whatever happened' in her opinion was the ' catalyst. She thinks it was very personnel and it was a crime of 'passion'. She thinks he left on foot. In the darkness he might have hid to make sure the evidence did burn. She said Lisa told her that there was a gash on the back of Jessica's head. So she thinks Tellis thought she was dead and set the fire. As a former first responder she thinks the pain revived JC. She also thinks JC air passages were so burned from the first gasp of breath when she woke that it would be very unlikely she could speak to be understood.

I want you to know this is my memory and if I made an error in my recollection - I hope someone will correct me!

I will read another post and answer it.Then I think I will be gone for a while for his appointment.

IF anyone else has listened to her video please correct me. I would never intentionally mislead anyone.

:cow:

Thank you, MizStery. I watched Ms. Therese Apel's Q & A at:
https://www.facebook.com/ThereseApel.news/videos/1323573537669157/
It is excellent--as is your summary.

I was in tears when Ms. Apel described Jessica's final moments at the hospital--
especially the part about her mother comforting her.
(See: ~45:38 - How long was she able to hang on before succumbing to injury?)

I think Ms. Apel deserves whatever excellence-in-journalism awards are out there.
Her coverage of this case has been superb.

JMHO

I wholeheartedly cannot agree more. TA has gone above and beyond in regards to her efforts in this case, and seemly with little to no budget, just a good heat=rth and her ethics in journalism. For crying out loud, she has shot all of her investigative journalism pieces with her iPhone, and was at last I saw 'pushing' for approval to be at the next hearing in LA pertaining to JC's accused murderer. If I had it, I'd throw all the money in the world at her to produce a proper documentary-she has proved herself worthy of that, at a minimum.

Thank you, MizStery. I watched Ms. Therese Apel's Q & A at:
https://www.facebook.com/ThereseApel.news/videos/1323573537669157/
It is excellent--as is your summary.

I was in tears when Ms. Apel described Jessica's final moments at the hospital--
especially the part about her mother comforting her.
(See: ~45:38 - How long was she able to hang on before succumbing to injury?)

I think Ms. Apel deserves whatever excellence-in-journalism awards are out there.
Her coverage of this case has been superb.

JMHO

Happy to see this case finally resolved. Though no trial and conviction has been decided.

Not really. According to John Champion's Gallo Radio interview, QT (like many Courtland residents in 2014) was brought in for a routine interview. At that time, QT provided an alibi for his whereabouts on the evening of Dec 6. When investigators checked his alibi, it was supported by their investigation. But by fall 2015 after the case had gone cold, and after the investigators had decided to return to their earlier details, and long after they had downloaded 23,000 JC phone records, something indicated that QT's alibi did not jive with the information from the cellphone records.

I believe that we now know that that "something" was the fact that the cellphone records indicated not only that QT was the last person to have seen JC around 6 p.m. that night but also that QT "placed himself" at the scene of the crime at 7:26 p.m.

Armed with this new information, Champion's investigators knew that QT was now a . Simultaneously QT was arrested in LA on the ATM charges. When MS investigators learned of his arrest, they then began a series of interviews with QT. The results of those interviews provided them with many contradictions and lies.

Subsequently QT was indicted with JC's murder by the MS grand jury.

With all the sm available at that time, I don't recall any scuttlebutt or mention of his name amongst the community and we all know how they loved to talk :/ That amazes me.

With all the sm available at that time, I don't recall any scuttlebutt or mention of his name amongst the community and we all know how they loved to talk :/ That amazes me.

I remember a few SM posts that referred to LE having "him" in for questioning, or at the station, etc.... IIRC, there was never a name given, just speculation. Could it have been QT?

For some reason, I think the poster was a family member of BR, just going off memory. I remember thinking people must have been afraid of whoever was being questioned because no one responded, and nothing further was said, that I associated with it.

JMO

This is from the Panolian,I hope the link works:
Link
http://www.panolian.com/mobile/?MemberID=1180&ID=68864
Sheriff traveling to talk to witness
by John Howell

<snip>

The night of the murder, when I got on the scene, one of the firemen came up to me. I said, &#8216;Did she give you a name?&#8217;
&#8220;He said that he thought she said the name was Derrick,&#8221; the sheriff said.
&#8220;You had a couple of firemen out there that were just about in shock at what they saw when they got there,&#8221; the sheriff said. &#8220;They went out there for a car fire, and when they got there and started extinguishing the fire &#8212; I want you to remember now that the fire itself was our evidence; everything inside that car and outside that car was evidence &#8212; and they were walking around it, putting water on it and everything.
&#8220;Well, this girl came walking down the road and, as one of them said, she looked like a monster. Her skin had peeled off her face ... it shocked them and scared them,&#8221; Darby continued.
&#8220;Of course you&#8217;re out there in the dark in a secluded area, and it took us a minute to set this guy down long enough to get anything out of him, you know: &#8216;What did you see?&#8217;&#8221;
&#8220;It started there,&#8221; the sheriff continued.
&#8212;&#8212;&#8212;
Three Courtland volunteer firefighters had been the first to arrive with their engine to extinguish the burning car on Herron Road on that night &#8212; Saturday, December 6, 2014.
&#8220;I didn&#8217;t see her at first,&#8221; one of the firefighters told The Panolian during an interview the day after the fire. &#8220;We tried to keep the fire contained,&#8221; the fireman said.
When the firemen discovered Chambers, &#8220;we started packing her up,&#8221; one fireman said, with the limited medical supplies carried on the engine.
&#8220;I called the sheriff&#8217;s department immediately, I notified P1 (Sheriff Darby), called MedStat and immediately put Air Evac en route&#8221; the fireman said.
&#8220;I didn&#8217;t know if there was someone in the woods who was dangerous,&#8221; the fireman continued during the December 7, 2014 interview. &#8220;Or (whether) whoever did it was close by.
&#8212;&#8212;&#8212;&#8212;
<snip>
Personal note:
As person who along with many Websleuthers have prayed for justice for Jessica. This does fill in some of the blanks. Does it answer all our questions or necessarily track with out timeline;well you read Darby's narrative and decide.Many thanks to the editor of the Panolian John Howell.

This is from the Panolian,I hope the link works:
Link
http://www.panolian.com/mobile/?MemberID=1180&ID=68864
Sheriff traveling to talk to witness
by John Howell

<snip>

The night of the murder, when I got on the scene, one of the firemen came up to me. I said, &#8216;Did she give you a name?&#8217;
&#8220;He said that he thought she said the name was Derrick,&#8221; the sheriff said.
&#8220;You had a couple of firemen out there that were just about in shock at what they saw when they got there,&#8221; the sheriff said. &#8220;They went out there for a car fire, and when they got there and started extinguishing the fire &#8212; I want you to remember now that the fire itself was our evidence; everything inside that car and outside that car was evidence &#8212; and they were walking around it, putting water on it and everything.
&#8220;Well, this girl came walking down the road and, as one of them said, she looked like a monster. Her skin had peeled off her face ... it shocked them and scared them,&#8221; Darby continued.
&#8220;Of course you&#8217;re out there in the dark in a secluded area, and it took us a minute to set this guy down long enough to get anything out of him, you know: &#8216;What did you see?&#8217;&#8221;
&#8220;It started there,&#8221; the sheriff continued.
&#8212;&#8212;&#8212;
Three Courtland volunteer firefighters had been the first to arrive with their engine to extinguish the burning car on Herron Road on that night &#8212; Saturday, December 6, 2014.
&#8220;I didn&#8217;t see her at first,&#8221; one of the firefighters told The Panolian during an interview the day after the fire. &#8220;We tried to keep the fire contained,&#8221; the fireman said.
When the firemen discovered Chambers, &#8220;we started packing her up,&#8221; one fireman said, with the limited medical supplies carried on the engine.
&#8220;I called the sheriff&#8217;s department immediately, I notified P1 (Sheriff Darby), called MedStat and immediately put Air Evac en route&#8221; the fireman said.
&#8220;I didn&#8217;t know if there was someone in the woods who was dangerous,&#8221; the fireman continued during the December 7, 2014 interview. &#8220;Or (whether) whoever did it was close by.
&#8212;&#8212;&#8212;&#8212;
<snip>
Personal note:
As person who along with many Websleuthers have prayed for justice for Jessica. This does fill in some of the blanks. Does it answer all our questions or necessarily track with out timeline;well you read Darby's narrative and decide.Many thanks to the editor of the Panolian John Howell.

Thanks for the link to the very interesting article.

I've been thinking for a while that Jessica was not in the car when she was set on fire. According to the article in post #287(for some reason I can't get the quote function to work), she wasn't at the scene, she came walking down the road. From where? How long and hot did the car burn? Would it have been possible for her to walk away and come back? These are questions I've had for a long time, but having Darby say she came walking up on the responders makes me think there's another crime scene.

I've been thinking for a while that Jessica was not in the car when she was set on fire. According to the article in post #287(for some reason I can't get the quote function to work), she wasn't at the scene, she came walking down the road. From where? How long and hot did the car burn? Would it have been possible for her to walk away and come back? These are questions I've had for a long time, but having Darby say she came walking up on the responders makes me think there's another crime scene.
Yes! Was there another crime scene?

This could also explain the apparent lack of concern for the scene surrounding where her car was found... they packed up and moved on after less than 2 hours, perhaps, because they needed to investigate and preserve the other/initial crime scene? Anybody have time to take the little google maps guy on a walk around the area? Skipaboo (sp?) is an awesome map-maker: if you read this, is there any way you'd like to poke around the surrounding areas to see where she was walking from and if any of those areas would have been conducive locations for her murder, such as anything in the cut, private, or otherwise?
Also, why does LE feel compelled to give Eric in LA such a public heads up (i.e. adequate time to seek legal counsel or come up with whatever story he is going to use). In my experience it's more beneficial to catch people off guard in situations such as this, but what do I know.

Yes! Was there another crime scene?

I'm thinking Darby has already talked to Eric, Eric has talked in jail, Tellis said Eric, or what Darby said is not 100% accurate for that reason of catching off guard. Now who is the mystery Eric? It's interesting the Eric/Derrick seems opposite in that article from what we have known.

This could also explain the apparent lack of concern for the scene surrounding where her car was found... they packed up and moved on after less than 2 hours, perhaps, because they needed to investigate and preserve the other/initial crime scene? Anybody have time to take the little google maps guy on a walk around the area? Skipaboo (sp?) is an awesome map-maker: if you read this, is there any way you'd like to poke around the surrounding areas to see where she was walking from and if any of those areas would have been conducive locations for her murder, such as anything in the cut, private, or otherwise?
Also, why does LE feel compelled to give Eric in LA such a public heads up (i.e. adequate time to seek legal counsel or come up with whatever story he is going to use). In my experience it's more beneficial to catch people off guard in situations such as this, but what do I know.

Sorry I'm here. I haven't been able to get on but I'm on it! :) Here is the Case Map to start looking

Which way would be 'down the road' IIRC the incline goes up from the east? Is 'down the road' from the west on Herron Road? :thinking:

Which way would be 'down the road' IIRC the incline goes up from the east? Is 'down the road' from the west on Herron Road? :thinking:
In the south down the road simple means she was walking towards them it doesn't imply any direction

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

In the south down the road simple means she was walking towards them it doesn't imply any direction

Thank you! I don't think she would have been physically capable of walking too far. If there is a 2nd crime scene I think it would have been relatively close by which Should narrow down the possibilities.

I was raised speaking this way up the road down the road head of the holler foot of the holler my understanding of down the road is coming from the opposite that they came from ( firehouse is where they started or the foot ) so they went up the road (or towards the head) so down the road means she was coming from the head or opposite direction as them

I hope that makes sense to you

I was raised speaking this way up the road down the road head of the holler foot of the holler my understanding of down the road is coming from the opposite that they came from ( firehouse is where they started or the foot ) so they went up the road (or towards the head) so down the road means she was coming from the head or opposite direction as them

I hope that makes sense to you

Yep, same here. I'm from Yorkshire, a million miles away so wanted to make sure but coming 'down the road' (or down t'road if I'm proper Yorkshire lol) means coming towards you from any direction to me :)

I kind of think maybe Jessica was trying to hide when she saw lights coming not knowing if it was perp returning or not and walked towards them once she realized they were fire and rescue folks. Or even perhaps she was wandering around due to shock setting in.

This answers one of the questions that many of us have: the $2 charge on Mandy's debit card.

"Last August, Quinton Tellis called the 1-800 number on the back of a Chase Bank debit card and asked for the ATM code associated with the account. He didn&#8217;t know it at the time, but that call would be the beginning of his entanglement in two murder cases."

http://www.buzzfeed.com/nicolasmedi...ica-chambers-suspect-to-two-murder#.pmxexdqNN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ty1220