MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 ; Quinton Tellis Indicted - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Nervous. I mean real nervous. Can't wait until [Wednesday] gets here to find out," said Ben Chambers.
He said he's already been told by the DA though, not every question will be answered.
"He told me that I would probably would never get what I wanted. What a 19-year-old could do to you to do that? Mr. Champion said I probably won't ever get that, won't ever get why."

http://www.aol.com/article/2016/02/24/police-indict-suspect-in-jessica-chambers-case/21317723/

I have not followed this case. Just saw the headline of an indictment and came here. Can someone tell me what the connection is between Jessica & this guy & what possible motive. TIA

I think it was champions interview around the anniversary that he mentioned nobody had refused to give a DNA sample and that they were building a database. That last part confuses me but I've wondered if they didn't have some DNA to work with. I don't know if his DNA would have been on file from his previous offenses but that might be a possibility as to why it took so long to put 2&2 together.

Having said that, even with the no snitching rule being in full effect, given the relationship, it's hard to believe he stayed off their radar this whole time.
Mississippi just passed a bill last year or the year before to collect DNA from felony arrestees to build up their state databank. I wonder if that's what he referred to.

As a convicted felon, DVT's DNA should have been in the database prior to Jessica's murder.

I'm on Fox13 WHBQ Live Stream right now and it says that the time is 9:21 a.m. But it's 11:21 a.m. ET my time. The PC should be coming up in 8 mins. Or am I wrong?
No. You're right. It's 10:25 Central now.

3rd degree arson
Tellis was a suspect from early in the case?
Not allowed to get into the specifics of the evidence
Terrific team effort

Noooo come back WS!!!

Lynnanne Nguyen ‏@lynnannefox13 3m3 minutes ago
Pamela Co. presented case to grand jury earlier this week on Mon & Tues, issued indictment of capital murder, 3rd deg arson

Lynnanne Nguyen ‏@lynnannefox13 2m2 minutes ago
Quinton Tellis has been suspect for awhile, is fr Courtland, MS where #JessicaChambers was found burned alive.Moved to Louisiana summer 2015

Lynnanne Nguyen ‏@lynnannefox13 19s19 seconds ago
Quinton Tellis currently held on fraud charges, use of debit card, belonging to Chinese exchange student found murdered in Monroe, LA

https://twitter.com/lynnannefox13

skibadoo -- I agree. Refresh your screen. But unfortunately you'll hear only that Champion can not tell us anything regarding the facts about when the grand jury indicted QT based upon the evidence that Champion et al presented to them.

About the only thing worthwhile is a fact that Champion presented his case to unbiased prosecutors before presenting it to the grand jury and those prosecutors gave Champion a heads up to proceed....

"Don't anticipate any charges against any other individuals, confident he acted alone"

Watching the press conference, first observation: Nice to see that finally, there is occasion to see these guy in suits!
Next, I feel that this presentation of evidence, that led to the indictment was a direct result of the roundup not too long ago. Somebody finally talked.
Next, I anticipate this being the first of a myriad of indictments to be distributed around that area in relation to the corruption mentioned in the press conference.
Finally, Rest In Peace, baby girl. This isn't over yet, but I am overcome with the feeling that Jessica Chambers is satisfied today to know that her death brought about the additional resources necessary to address the corruption that had eroded her town; the town of her family, and her ancestors.
P.S. It is also of my opinion that the suspect and his new wife married in order to attempt to prevent her from testifying against him in the numerous pending cases/crimes he has committed.

DA: There's some info we got early on that certainly could have led to an arrest but wouldn't have led to an indictment. #JessicaChambers
8:45 AM - 24 Feb 2016

One of the most distressing aspects of this crime is the level of depravity that exists in Panola County, and how it is overlooked so easily. I am glad that my family, friends, and associates are not exposed to a similar environment.

The Clarion-Ledger ‏@clarionledger 1m1 minute ago
DA: He is a gang member, but we don't believe the crime was gang-related #JessicaChambers

The Clarion-Ledger ‏@clarionledger 2m2 minutes ago
DA: There's some info we got early on that certainly could have led to an arrest but wouldn't have led to an indictment. #JessicaChambers

The Clarion-Ledger ‏@clarionledger 4m4 minutes ago
DA: One 4 occasions we thought we had this case solved. We made a trip to Iowa even. Followed leads to Chattanooga also #JessicaChambers

The Clarion-Ledger ‏@clarionledger 4m4 minutes ago
DA: We never believed this was gang-related. We never believed this was drug-related. #JessicaChambers

The Clarion-Ledger ‏@clarionledger 5m5 minutes ago
DA: I don't anticipate getting (Quenton Tellis) back here any time soon, until Louisiana is finished with him

The Clarion-Ledger ‏@clarionledger 5m5 minutes ago
DA re: Extradition process from La.: We will be calling a governor's warrant. Have to go through Gov's office to have prisoner brought in

https://twitter.com/clarionledger

I wonder if he had a relationship with the exchange student. Does she have a thread ? Seems he may become very possessive and very quickly and for the new wife, you dodged a bullet literally.

"I want to dispel the rumour right now. There was nothing poured down her throat!"

Also, this guy was released prom MS prison October 2014, and JC murdered December 2014. Perhaps I am too much of a skeptic, but I cannot forget about the references that JC was paranoid because people thought she was snitching. Next thing you know, this career criminal gets out of the joint and a month & a half later, JC is murdered. Also, very interesting that they confirmed that there was NO SUBSTANCE POURED DOWN HER THROAT. This does somewhat kill my inclination that this was a murder to make a point to others. Now, it seems more like she was just brutally murdered by a sociopath that she unfortunately crossed paths with. R.I.P. Jess.

Will consult with family on whether to seek the death penalty

Good to see you Foxfox!

Credit Therese Apel Clarion Ledger!

Chambers suspect's social posts tie to gang affiliation on.thec-l.com/1TFSgRh via @TRex21

According to criteria used by investigators to validate gang members, a look at Facebook shows the man accused in the burning death of Jessica Chamberscould be a member of the Insane Vice Lords street gang.
Quinton Tellis, 27, was indicted by a special grand jury this week on capital murder charges in the burning death of the Courtland teen, a case which garnered national attention for the brutal nature of the crime. While speculation swirled around whether the homicide could have been gang-related, local gang leaders came out of the woodwork to assure authorities and Chambers’ family that they had nothing to do with it.
http://www.clarionledger.com/story/...s-social-posts-tie-gang-affiliation/80844284/

(1) admit he's a member of a gang

CREDIT From Clarion Ledger Tweeter Threrese Apel
Chambers suspect's social posts tie to gang affiliation on.thec-l.com/1TFSgRh via @TRex21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webberry