MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 ; Quinton Tellis Indicted - #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he was the murderer of that poor exchange student, she would still be alive if had been arrested. Surely, he was on probation and they could have made something stick. I feel awful for both of these girls and their families.

This guy Tellis caused a whole lot of gang members and drug dealers to get arrested due to the LE dragnet created by his actions. They're all gonna be gunning for him.

Good riddance.

ETA----Anybody care to try and explain how you would get the name "Eric", from his name ?

Quinton Verdell Tellis

Oh, the family is on now and it's breaking my heart. It is nice to see them live, though.

This guy Tellis caused a whole lot of gang members and drug dealers to get arrested due to the LE dragnet created by his actions. They're all gonna be gunning for him.

Good riddance.

ETA----Anybody care to try and explain how you would get the name "Eric", from his name ?

Quinton Verdell Tellis

A garbled and breathless "Tellis" might sound like "Eric" -- it's possible when heard by someone who knows he is dealing with a burning & dying woman and can do nothing to help her. JMO.

Did they show the indictment? I thought I heard someone say at the end "the indictment is over there" But a fuse blew in my kitchen and knocked the power out and I missed the rest..

A garbled and breathless "Tellis" might sound like "Eric" -- it's possible when heard by someone who knows he is dealing with a burning & dying woman and can do nothing to help her. JMO.

The teen was then taken to hospital where her parents rushed to see her before she succumbed to the burns, which covered 98 per cent of her body.

Lisa Daugherty told the channel WJTV she heard from one of the firefighters and from a nurse that her daughter said a man named Eric ‘did this’ to her.

She allegedly said that she did not know her attacker's last name but repeated the first name about 15 times.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...hambers-death-Mississippi-year-dead-road.html

If you read the highlighted part, it still doesn't make any sense.

Here's an article that has probably been posted a couple of times before, but since we've been talking about gangs in that area, it caught my eye as I googled "Panola County, MS."

FBI: 17 indicted in Panola County gang offensive

Therese Apel, The Clarion-Ledger 7:41 a.m. CST December 18, 2015

Seventeen people have been charged in north Mississippi as a part of a major operation targeting suspected gang members called "Operation Bite Back," officials said.

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/.../gang-offensive-underway-north-miss/77349156/

"I want to dispel the rumour right now. There was nothing poured down her throat!"

Glad this rumor was dispelled. It is common in flash over incidents where flammable liquids such as gasoline, lighter fluid, etc., are involved for burn victims to inhale the vapors causing severe burns to the respiratory system..

Family and friends of the accused are OFF LIMITS!! Don't sleuth them, and don't accuse them.

Bringing this post forward from @Classito 10-15-2015. BBM

West Monroe man arrested on assault, arson charges

Aug 15, 2015

Ouachita Parish Sheriff's deputies arrested a West Monroe man on Sunday on several charges including aggravated arson after several violent incidents at a West Monroe home.
According to witness' accounts reported in the arrest affidavit, the suspect, Michael D. Eubanks, 28, of 106 Lenwil St., West Monroe, struck the first victim multiple times with a closed fist. When the second victim tried to leave the house on two separate occasions, Eubanks physically prevented her from leaving.

Eubanks entered the home with a jug of gasoline and a lighter and told them he would burn the home down and kill both victims. Eubanks then left the home and ran to the house next door. Eubanks set fire to the front step of the house while three people were inside the house.

[...]

http://www.hannapub.com/ouachitacit...cle_c3cad286-3fbf-11e5-a734-4b7e197b182c.html

http://www.bustedoffenders.com/louisiana/west-monroe/sex-offenders/michael-dewayne-eubanks/2395594

Both offenders living in Courtland at the time of the murder, both incarcerated in the Ouachita Parish jail in Louisiana at the same time, and both apparent arsonists with past records. Wonder if Mikey could have befriended, then rolled over on, his jail mate for a reduced sentence? Wonder what has become of that $54,000 in reward money...

JMO

[video=twitter;702558432398700544]https://twitter.com/AThompson_WREG3/status/702558432398700544[/video]

April Thompson ‏@AThompson_WREG3 3m3 minutes ago
Suspect 27 year old Quinton Verdell Tellis charged with Jessica Chambers' murder. @3onyourside

Good riddance.

Quinton Verdell Tellis

kinda o/t my cat is called Ellis... I spent ages this morning saying his name wondering the same thing. If I say it quite lazily, in my scottish accent its conceivable I could be jibbering eric

I'm sorry if this is too graphic, but if her tongue was burned...... The "t" sound, "l" sound and "s" sound all require use of the tongue. Try to say Tellis without using your tongue. It will sound a lot like Eric.

No, it was a stretch -- you make a good point!

Just what is this Eric stuff?? :confused: Will we ever find out? .. :dunno:

Well, to blurt out the obvious....it almost appears that she may have been covering for this guy even as she lay dying on a hospital bed.

I suppose it's possible he may have a nickname or slang name that rhymes with "Eric", but if he does, nobody else in the community seemed to know it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018