MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 ; Quinton Tellis Indicted - #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If there was a party and JC was there, then either QT was there, as well, or he was NOT the last person SEEN with her. Just sayin'. JMO Remember when LE told us that JC WAS the Party?

Isn't it ironic that the imbecile posted a FB photo, bathing himself with crisp dollar bills!

View attachment 89776

Or that he withdrew the money at ATM's with cameras. SMH Brilliant.

"That's right..We bad"

[video=youtube;9FM9F6ChszQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FM9F6ChszQ[/video]

I haven't been properly logged in here to input in ages, but...I was traveling yesterday when caught the news and I'm still processing it, really. But I thought of y'all + hope you're all staying informed and sincerely want the truth to be known.

From the bits that have hit the mainstream media (I know, I know) thus far - it sounds like law enforcement wanted to be confident in their evidence before moving forward publicly with an indictment, and that makes me feel better that they may well have the real culprit identified. Innocent til proven guilty + all that, but - yeah, it makes me feel better.

Doesn't bring Jessica back, doesn't make anything okay, but it's a step closer toward some measure of justice than there's been in this case since December 2014.

I know that this is unpopular, but I am thinking that a proper defense attorney will have a field day with this case. Since we never did know any details, and still don't, I remain suspicious of this investigation. I hope that they really have it right, for everyone's sake, but I hope that this is not a convenient way of finally putting it all to rest. JMO

<snipped>

....Zool your interpretation....

MizStery, I'm in the process of trying to find the interview.......a link would be helpful, but it's not really a big issue with me if you know what I mean. :laughing: Anyway, so far what I've found is Theresa's Twitter account, and...the fact that she will be on Nancy Grace's 7 p.m. show tonight, discussing JC's case...if you are interested. Enjoy.

=========
ETA
OK, I found the link to the interview. But it takes me to a blank FB page requesting me to log into FB. I am proud to say though that I will never ever bother with Face Book. It is so far down on my list of acceptable organizations that I should probably cease from commenting any further. :turkey:

I know that this is unpopular, but I am thinking that a proper defense attorney will have a field day with this case. Since we never did know any details, and still don't, I remain suspicious of this investigation. I hope that they really have it right, for everyone's sake, but I hope that this is not a convenient way of finally putting it all to rest. JMO

Well he is definitely linked to the other murder and domestic violence. So I doubt LE has it wrong.

Btw. Can someone start a thread for the female grad student that was supposedly killed by QT. Thanks.

QT's MO is quite different between Meing-Chen Hsiao and Jessica although both could and are being considered "a crime of passion".

http://www.knoe.com/home/headlines/ULM-student-found-dead-321216271.html

Quinton Tellis will likely face murder charges in the death of ULM student Meing-Chen Hsiao that happened August 2015.

[...]

http://www.knoe.com/home/headlines/...cted-in-brutal-Memphis-slaying-369894921.html

The different MOs make me pause a little as to why each one occurred. Jessica's sounds to me more like a gang event including multiple offenders. So much remains to be known...

The different MOs make me pause a little as to why each one occurred. Jessica's sounds to me more like a gang event including multiple offenders. So much remains to be known...

I don't think that JC's murder was a "gang" event, but I do think that several people were involved and that it was planned. The LA murder looks like a robbery to me, but I don't know if any relationship existed between QT and the victim. I can't see a connection between the two murders, EXCEPT QT's phone. Puzzling. JMO

I don't think that JC's murder was a "gang" event, but I do think that several people were involved and that it was planned. The LA murder looks like a robbery to me, but I don't know if any relationship existed between QT and the victim. I can't see a connection between the two murders, EXCEPT QT's phone. Puzzling. JMO

I'm not so sure it wasn't either gang (status) or drug related. But yes, it is puzzling either way.

That's the thing...if he had been on anyones list when they were busy chattering in the beginning his name would have been out there! Sleuthers on many sites were checking out everyone and their brother FOR MONTHS and MONTHS......if Boone and or Rachel knew anything about him they sure didn't mention him in their own defense, not to mention the Sanford clan, and a whole bunch of other people who were on everyones radar! You would think that there would be lots of chatter NOW, but theres none that I know of. JMO

Boone did mention it was jealousy but never said who. Tellis met his wife while in prison (prison pen pal) while he was doing time for burglary. It does not say when but he was with her during 2013. Maybe a year or more before Jessica was murdered.
http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/31302957/27-year-old-man-indicted-for-murder-of-jessica-chambers

Classito

image.jpg
image.jpg

Only screenshots I took of his fb.
Taken a few days after her death. I'm still on the fence about his right hand being swollen.

MizStery, I'm in the process of trying to find the interview.......a link would be helpful, but it's not really a big issue with me if you know what I mean. :laughing: Anyway, so far what I've found is Theresa's Twitter account, and...the fact that she will be on Nancy Grace's 7 p.m. show tonight, discussing JC's case...if you are interested. Enjoy.

=========
ETA
OK, I found the link to the interview. But it takes me to a blank FB page requesting me to log into FB. I am proud to say though that I will never ever bother with Face Book. It is so far down on my list of acceptable organizations that I should probably cease from commenting any further. :turkey:

Oh Zool we are kindred spirits I do not have a FB account either! I accessed it through my Twitter. I was only able to link to her FB from her Twitter feed. Now if you have Twitter you can link to FB and not sign into FB.

I will be unable to see Nancy Grace so if someone can post a synopsis I would be appreciative.I promise Therese is well worth your time. She plans on writing a book so many many of her sources remain unsaid. But,I can tell you she is a straight shooter!

:cow:

Lmao. Now the people that knew but kept their mouths shut to show honor; Are now probably saying "Dang man; I should have gave his hind parts up a long time ago and collected that $50k. Now he is going down and that $50k is no longer being offered. Ah man.

Lmao. But their friends or family are probably saying " I told you that he was going to get caught and you should snitch on him for the reward money. But you never listen.

Lol. The so called honor among thieves went out the window decades ago. But some of these youngsters still haven't caught on. Lol. Jmo

Re: screenshots + whether or not either hand, really, looks burnt or swollen: Based on this photo, I feel like it's inconclusive.

For that matter, he could've knocked her out (I think a "blow to her head" was suggested in the past) and, believing her to be unconscious, doused her + the car with an accelerant and then lit a match, threw it + ran off.

Basically: it's entirely possible he set the fire + got away with little or no visible injury.

I'm more irked by the fact that if he's indeed the perp, he's posting a smiling happy photo on Facebook within days of Jessica's death. Ugh.

Imo. The only missing piece to prove his guilt is to find out the accelerant used and where and by whom was it brought from.

Because not too many people carry extra accelerant with them.

So was the accelerant via extra gas or lighter fluid or high proof liquor or what. This connection will be very telling. Jmo

Interesting...Fox13 is saying Monroe LA Prosecutor says Panola Investigators had DNA in Jessica's case. DA in Batesville will not confirm.

If they had DNA I am confused as to why he was not #1 suspect the whole time and why it would take so long to arrest

https://twitter.com/gcoyfox13

Classito

This reminds me of the Anne Pressly case in AR. There was DNA at the scene but it wasn't until a match was found for another crime 90 miles away that the perp was identified. I can't wait to hear the whole story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBM

Police say the autopsy revealed Hsiao was stabbed. Police believe it was done by someone she knew.

http://www.myarklamiss.com/news/local-news/monroe-police-investigate-death-of-ulm-student

Interesting...Fox13 is saying Monroe LA Prosecutor says Panola Investigators had DNA in Jessica's case. DA in Batesville will not confirm.

If they had DNA I am confused as to why he was not #1 suspect the whole time and why it would take so long to arrest

https://twitter.com/gcoyfox13

http://www.fox13memphis.com/news/mo...essica-chambers-case_20160225233913/115212029

Classito

*edited to add link to video

What's next for murder suspect Quinton Tellis?
http://www.fox13memphis.com/news/whats-next-for-murder-suspect-quinton-tellis/114532764&#8232;

<snip>

Prosecutors in Monroe told FOX13 the Panola County case against Tellis is strong, because investigators have DNA evidence. That kind of evidence was never mentioned by District Attorney John Champion during his news conference on Wednesday, when he announced a secret grand jury returned an indictment against the suspect from Courtland.
When asked about the presence of DNA, Champion told FOX13, &#8220;I cannot confirm that.&#8221;

<snip>

Lead Detective Duane Cookson of the Monroe Police Department spoke with FOX13.
&#8220;It is shocking to me that somebody could be so brutal,&#8221; Detective Cookman said.
We asked him if it was a crime of passion.
&#8220;I don&#8217;t know if it was passion, but whoever did it wanted to killer her,&#8221; Detective Cookman said.
<snip>

A veteran prosecutor in Monroe said his preference is to let Panola County try Tellis for the 2014 murder of Jessica Chambers, because their case is stronger than his.
&#8220;It is a circumstantial evidence case, and Mississippi I understand has DNA and more physical evidence,&#8221; Assistant District Attorney Neil Johnson told FOX13.
Johnson said it is legal strategy. He wants Panola County try Tellis for murder while investigators in Monroe build their case against in the stabbing death of Hsiao.
&#8220;For a homicide like this, there is no statute of limitation to charge him. Once we charge him, we have a statute of limitations to bring him to trial. So to avoid starting that clock, we are going to give Mississippi the first shot,&#8221; Johnson told FOX13.

Sheriff's Report 1-15-08
Panola County Arrest Log

Quinton Verdell Tellis, 6183 Highway 6 West, Batesville, was arrested and charged with petit larceny. The case will be heard in Justice Court.
http://www.panolian.com/mobile/?MemberID=1180&action=contentitem&itemid=36121

City Court
4/3/2009
Batesville man’s story of disability rebuffed by mother in court
By Emily Williams

A young Batesville man changed his mind about being disabled during Batesville Municipal Court Wednesday, after Judge Bill McKenzie told him his hefty fine.

Quintin Tellis, 3xxx Hwy. 6, Batesville, entered guilty pleas to disorderly conduct-failure to comply, resisting arrest and possession of marijuana in a vehicle.

The judge told Tellis his fine of $906 would be due in 30 days.

“Do you work?” asked McKenzie.

“I get a disability check,” Tellis answered.

“Why?” asked the judge.

“Because of my back.”

“Can I work my fines off?”

“If you’re disabled you can’t work, right?” McKenzie stated.

Tellis’ mother approached the bench and told the judge he wasn’t disabled and needed to work his fines off on the city’s work program because he does not have a job.

“So you just lied to me, son?” asked McKenzie.

“We don’t have room on the city work program,” the judge added.
http://thebledsonian-banner.com/v2/content.aspx?module=contentitem&id=131880&memberid=1229

City Court 5-6-11
5/7/2011

Other Cases

[...]

Quinton Tellis, 2xx Draper St., Batesville, had a case for simple assault and domestic violence-simple dismissed after the affiants LH and ME failed to appear to prosecute.

He entered a not guilty plea for disturbance of a family.
http://www.panolian.com/contentitem/207751/1180/city-court-5611

MPD: Suspected Murder Suspect Behind Bars
By Jeane Franseen nbc10news
Published 11/18 2015 05:23PM Updated 11/18 2015 06:38PM

MONROE-- There's new information in the murder of a former ULM student near the campus of ULM.

Police say they have a suspect, Quintin Tellis, behind bars.

"We have him charged with other crimes associated with her death, such as using her access card. We have pictures of him using that card," says Chief Quentin Holmes, Monroe Police Department.

Police are waiting for additional evidence before formally charging him with murder.

[...]

Authorities say Tellis may also be related to a homicide in Mississippi.
http://www.myarklamiss.com/news/local-news/updates-in-for-murder-of-ulm-foreign-exchange-student
Gawd this guy was just a complete monster! Never should've seen the outside of a jail cell and maybe Jessica would still be here. [emoji51] [emoji29]

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member