VERDICT WATCH MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, Panola County, Dec 2014 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back to Bridget Chapman:

Bridget Chapman‏Verified account @bchapman_WREG3 38m38 minutes ago
In this interview, investigators are repeatedly asking Tellis if he went back to Batesville the afternoon/evening of #JessicaChambers' death. Tellis keeps saying no. At this point in time, investigators knew that wasn't true and that he went with Chambers to get food there.

Bridget Chapman‏Verified account @bchapman_WREG3 31m31 minutes ago
Investigator is explaining to #QuintonTellis in this interview how cell phones ping off towers. Investigator then says, "I know you went to Batesville."

Tellis responds, "Now you're trying to make me be somewhere I wasn't and that's making me upset."

Bridget Chapman‏Verified account @bchapman_WREG3 25m25 minutes ago
Investigators are now telling Tellis in the interview how the nearby gas station's surveillance video shows his driveway.

Bridget Chapman‏Verified account @bchapman_WREG3 19m19 minutes ago
A side note about this interview video being played for jurors...
The investigators reference multiple times Tellis just "getting out" & how he "wasn't out" for long before #JessicaChambers' murder. In the context, it's easy for jurors to assume this meant prison -- which it did.

Bridget Chapman‏Verified account @bchapman_WREG3 11m11 minutes ago
Also, this interview took place at a jail in Louisiana where #QuintonTellis was being held on a different murder charge. It's clear Tellis is wearing inmate apparel in the video.

Curious if jurors are noticing/wondering about these details right now.

The state is now questioning the investigator about the video just shown. Prosecutor brings up how #QuintonTellis "swore on his mama" he wasn't with Chambers that night, which turned out not to be true.

Bridget Chapman‏Verified account @bchapman_WREG3 8m8 minutes ago
Now the third segment of the 2015 interview with #QuintonTellis is being played in the courtroom.

Brad Broders‏ @Local24Brad 42m42 minutes ago
Investigator: "(You promise to God. You promise to your Momma)."
Tellis: "I wasn't with (#JessicaChambers) that night."
Investigator: "Where were you?
Tellis: "I be on my dark bike, at my mom's house or with Big Mike."
#QuintonTellis

Brad Broders‏ @Local24Brad 41m41 minutes ago
#QuintonTellis is seen in this 2015 interview video getting a little more defensive. Says "I'm done talking" twice. #JessicaChambers

Brad Broders‏ @Local24Brad 34m34 minutes ago
On interview video with #QuintonTellis, investigator tells him: We have cameras (from M&M's Grocery across from Tellis house) and that video shows you coming and going from your house at all hours of the day and night. We've interviewed 200 some odd people. #JessicaChambers

Brad Broders‏ @Local24Brad 19m19 minutes ago
DA John Champion: At some point (in the video interview) did you confront him about (#JessicaChambers)?
Agent: Yes.
Champion: And he swore on his Momma he wasn't with Jessica.
Agent: Yes.
Champion: That wasn't true was it?
Agent: No, that was not the truth.
#QuintonTellis

Brad Broders‏ @Local24Brad 7m7 minutes ago
10 minute recess in #QuintonTellis retrial. I'll have live updates @LocalMemphis at 5 and 6.

Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 41s41 seconds ago
#JessicaChambers - We're back in session with the continuation of the Nov 2015 police interview video. He was interviewed again in Feb 2016. Tellis is still denying he was with Chambers that night

Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 49s49 seconds ago
#JessicaChambers - Investigators just told Tellis they have his phone and Jessica's phone pinging at the Taco Bell in Batesville from 6:08 to 6:17pm.

Ron Maxey‏ @rmaxey1 3m3 minutes ago
Interrogators on video are showing Tellis cell phone data that clearly shows them together in Batesville hours before she died. #JessicaChambers @memphisnews @clarionledger

Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 4m4 minutes ago
#JessicaChambers - Tellis still denying even though they place both their phones at Taco Bell. Jessica was set on fire about 1 1/2 hours later.

Last edited:
Bridget Chapman‏Verified account @bchapman_WREG3 12m12 minutes ago
Investigators tells Tellis in the interview they have witnesses seeing him & Chambers in the car together along with cell phone evidence showing it.

Tellis still denies being with her.

Bridget Chapman‏Verified account @bchapman_WREG3 2m2 minutes ago
As #QuintonTellis continues to deny being with #JessicaChambers the night of her death, investigators say in their 2015 interview with him, “We’ve interviewed 100 people and some of them have been dumber than a box of sticks. I can tell you’re smarter than 9 out of 10.”

Ron Maxey‏ @rmaxey1 9m9 minutes ago
Interrogators on video are showing Tellis cell phone data that clearly shows them together in Batesville hours before she died. #JessicaChambers @memphisnews @clarionledger

Ron Maxey‏ @rmaxey1 6m6 minutes ago
"You're phone was definitely up there (in Batesville) at 6:08," interrogators tell Tellis. After a long pause, Tellis doesn't have an answer.

Ron Maxey‏ @rmaxey1 6m6 minutes ago
This was two hours before he was in Batesville buying a Green Dot card. Investigators know he was in Batesville and went back there later. #JessicaChambers @memphisnews @clarionledger

Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 6m6 minutes ago
#JessicaChambers - Confronted with the Taco Bell phone pings, Tellis changes his story and says he gave Jessica money in the parking lot next to Taco Bell in Batesville

Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 8m8 minutes ago
#JessicaChambers - Tellis already admitted to giving Jessica $10 earlier in the day. Now says he gave her a 2nd $10 by Taco Bell

Ron Maxey‏ @rmaxey1 13m13 minutes ago
Tellis nows says he gave Chambers $10 in the parking lot next door to Taco Bell in Batesville that evening. #JessicaChambers @memphisnews @clarionledger

Bridget Chapman‏Verified account @bchapman_WREG3 6m6 minutes ago
After denying being with Chambers numerous times, Tellis starts to change his tune in this 2015 interview. Tellis started by saying he never saw Chambers after that afternoon, but then after he saw the evidence, he said he met her at Taco Bell in Batesville & gave her $10.

Bridget Chapman‏Verified account @bchapman_WREG3 5m5 minutes ago
He said he went in #JessicaChambers' car with her in the Taco Bell drive-thru & he remembered what she ordered. He says he then got in his car and they went their separate ways.

Bridget Chapman‏Verified account @bchapman_WREG3 55s56 seconds ago
We're back to watching the interview video from 2015. Investigators are asking #QuintonTellis about burn marks on his arm. Tellis says he was playing a game with his friends where you jump over a fire. He says he fell and got burned on his arm and his butt.

Ron Maxey‏ @rmaxey1 8m8 minutes ago
Video is finished and John Champion is now talking to Scott Meadows on the stand. Meadows agrees with Champion that what investigators are now hearing from Tellis in the interrogation is a drastic change from earlier. #JessicaChambers @memphisnews @clarionledger

Ron Maxey‏ @rmaxey1 8m8 minutes ago
Meadows says Tellis' story changed drastically once he saw phone data. "He showed them their phones were together." #JessicaChambers @memphisnews @clarionledger

Ron Maxey‏ @rmaxey1 7m7 minutes ago
Tellis is saying at this point that he was in a separate vehicle following Chambers back to Courtland from the Taco Bell in Batesville. #JessicaChambers @memphisnews @clarionledger

Ron Maxey‏ @rmaxey1 4m4 minutes ago
We're now playing the next video segment of the interrogation. #JessicaChambers @memphisnews @clarionledger

Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 5m5 minutes ago
#JessicaChambers - Investigator: Remember those burns on your arm? Tell me about those.

Tellis says it happened in the "sand box". He says he can't remember what night.

Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson
3m3 minutes ago
Cathy Russon Retweeted Cathy Russon

This is the first time I've heard about burns on #QuintonTellis arms and butt. The prosecutor needs to make that a huge moment. Not sure why it's never been said before. Maybe they found out it wasn't around the time frame???

Bridget Chapman‏Verified account @bchapman_WREG3 4m4 minutes ago
Bridget Chapman Retweeted Bridget Chapman

Just discussed this detail with other reporters covering the retrial -- none of us remember these burn marks ever being mentioned before. #JessicaChambers

Ron Maxey‏ @rmaxey1 5m5 minutes ago
Investigators are now confronting Tellis with phone data that puts them together next to Tellis' house. "I'm telling you what the records say, and there just ain't nothing else down there." #JessicaChambers @memphisnews @clarionledger

"I admit to what I do," says #QuintonTellis in this 2015 interview. He starts to sound emotional. He says it's not in his heart to kill someone. "I ain't that kind of guy."

Investigators are getting very specific with video and phone data, and Tellis getting very defense. "I'm not lying. I know ... I'm done." #JessicaChambers @memphisnews @clarionledger

Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 2m2 minutes ago
Cathy Russon Retweeted Bridget Chapman

Not in his heart to kill someone and yet charged in 2 murders. Very unlucky

"If I ever found any news of somebody who killed her, I'd tell you." -- Tellis to investigators. #JessicaChambers @memphisnews @clarionledger

Ron Maxey‏ @rmaxey1 3m3 minutes ago
Tellis' voice is trembling "It's never been on my heart to kill somebody." #JessicaChambers @memphisnews @clarionledger

Last edited:
Is this new...burn marks? Must be, no one else can remember this.

We're back to watching the interview video from 2015. Investigators are asking #QuintonTellis about burn marks on his arm. Tellis says he was playing a game with his friends where you jump over a fire. He says he fell and got burned on his arm and his butt.

Really? He's being tried (again) for Jessica's murder, and another one to follow.

"I admit to what I do," says #QuintonTellis in this 2015 interview. He starts to sound emotional. He says it's not in his heart to kill someone. "I ain't that kind of guy."

Is this new...burn marks? Must be, no one else can remember this.

Really? He's being tried (again) for Jessica's murder, and another one to follow.

I can't recall this being brought up in the first trial either, BUF. I think it is new info. Extremely incriminating if you ask me!

Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 13m13 minutes ago
#JessicaChambers - Jurors elect to go on tonight. Likely be in court 2 more hours

Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 11m11 minutes ago
#JessicaChambers - Investigator: If you didn't do it then you were probably the last person to see her except the killer.

Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 7m7 minutes ago
#JessicaChambers - Court WILL BE in session tomorrow, Saturday & likely Sunday for deliberations. We will stream all weekend, our Network will also have analysis.

We’re now watching an interview with #QuintonTellis from the next day (11/3/15)

It sounds like there’s going to be a few more hours of video for jurors to watch tonight. They’re also talking about starting court extra early tomorrow morning.

The jury’s sequestered (& from two hours away), so I’m sure they want to move through this trial quickly & get home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmb123