MISTRIAL MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, Panola County, Dec 2014 #5 - *2nd Mistrial*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
A hung jury again I am so beyond heart broken for her family. I am sending as many prayers to her loved ones as I can. I cannot imagine what they are going through my heart is so heavy for them.

I know it's also disappointing to all of us as well who have been following this case. Remember he is currently sitting 10 years for the credit card charges and he has more charges coming. I know it's hard but we must try to find the positives inside the negatives.

I pray that the charges he faces in Lousiana that case is solid and he gets as long of a sentence as possible.

IMO the Eric issue gave Jurors who didn't want to convict a reason. IMO there were "other" issues at play. As there was at last trial.

Most definitely. There were not other issues involved in the motive for the murder, but there sure were for the trial and refusal to convict. I have zero doubt about that! :(

It gets to a point where it's jury nullification. Putting a defendant who was the last person seen with the victim at a crime scene with his DNA on her car keys isn't enough... you may just want to see him walk for whatever reason.

Those numbers speak volumes. To me. I really thought there was 1 maybe 2 for NG. I guess I needed to get my head out of the sand. Again. I really feel for those who voted G.

Tish Clark‏ @local24tish 9m9 minutes ago
Too early to say if state will retry #QuintonTellis for a 3rd time. He’ll be sent back to Louisiana to face charges there first. #JessicaChambers @LocalMemphis
Doc3b5zV4AEROlX.jpg

Doc3b5yV4AEbD5K.jpg

Doc3b5zV4AIm8k0.jpg

Tish Clark‏ @local24tish 2m2 minutes ago
Tish Clark Retweeted Local 24 News

We’ll tell you the jury break down. How many voted guilty/not guilty @LocalMemphis @ 5&6pm

Local 24 News on Twitter

I think he will be put away on the Louisiana case. It is strong. I hope it is followed by reporters and better yet televised.
I'm going to refrain from giving an opinion as to what will happen in the Lousiana case, simply because I need to read up/look further into, that particular case etc. I want to put this trial today, behind me and following the one in Lousiana with a clear and unbiased view. Does that make sense?

If the case in Lousiana is stronger than this case, why did it not go ahead first, do you know?

Bridget Chapman‏Verified account @bchapman_WREG3 12m12 minutes ago
DA says in his 25 years of experience, this was the single most attentive & hardworking jury they've had. #JessicaChambers

Bridget Chapman‏Verified account @bchapman_WREG3 12m12 minutes ago
Bridget Chapman Retweeted Bridget Chapman

"They did their job. They just couldn't all agree."

Bridget Chapman‏Verified account @bchapman_WREG3 7m7 minutes ago
"There’s still absolutely 100 percent no doubt in my mind that #QuintonTellis did this," said District Attorney John Champion.

Bridget Chapman‏Verified account @bchapman_WREG3 6m6 minutes ago
“It feels like a 'not guilty' to me, honestly. This will be the second time we’ve done this. Each time, though we can’t get all the jurors to agree on it, we certainly had those that feel that he’s not guilty of this charge," said #QuintonTellis' attorney about the mistrial.

Bridget Chapman‏Verified account @bchapman_WREG3 4m4 minutes ago
She says although #QuintonTellis would've liked a unanimous verdict today, he still feels satisfied.
#JessicaChambers

Those numbers speak volumes. To me. I really thought there was 1 maybe 2 for NG. I guess I needed to get my head out of the sand. Again. I really feel for those who voted G.

Me too. I thought there was going to be one or two holdouts. I bet they thought the prosecution did not fully explain why "Eric" should not be considered reasonable doubt. Dying declarations are very powerful.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back